Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 107983 times)

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.
« Reply #1155 on: June 09, 2010, 12:28:14 am »

Shameless bump: How do I attack things with my axe? I equipped my stone axe and try to use chop on ants and other animals, but nothing happens, fist seems to work when I'm unequipped. I'm wielding a stone axe in my right hand.
You need to collect 4 points of initiative to use Chop. Charge works, but you'll lose Defensive energy quick.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 09, 2010, 01:53:11 am »

So update on my stuff: I have a small village with a friend or two around most of the time and have started ramping up for hunting for a mine - nothing in the immediate area sadly, but I'll keep looking now that I'm able. Gotta get Lawspeaker before the village is official but things are going along well.

I'm to the east of Sodom not too far currently on an island with some decent clay deposits at least, so it's a matter of exploring really.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 09, 2010, 05:08:43 am »

I'm still hunting around for a mine too, while my interest lasts (probably not much longer). Yesterday I came across a 3-man village on a mountain with two mines! Oh, if only my character had the strength to use a ram... :(
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 09, 2010, 07:00:51 am »

If you really want to find your own mine, you're best off going to the outer grids.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 09, 2010, 07:07:42 am »

I'm already at the outer grids. D1, I think.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 09, 2010, 10:49:55 am »

Whoa, flurry of activity.

Dakk and Deimos (I got the latter of you's PM), we're of course still open for recruitment. My post to Moogie earlier includes the basics of how to get here without having to croak or spend a long time walking, but I'll probably repeat myself in PMs to ya when I get there.

Tilla and Moogie (Tilla in particular), DJ means the outerer grids. There's been one (I'm actually fairly sure two) expansions now, so D1 is a lot more central than some. Tilla's right smack in the center of the world, so finding a mine there is highly unlikely. You might poke around and see if there's some abandoned places Sodomites might inform you of and let you have. (Dunno if it's likely they will, but never hurts to ask!)

As for other updates, Andoran's doing well, though the folks from our last recruitment drive haven't been playing so much so we're not exactly bustling with activity. The infrastructure's greatly improved, though, and if we can just fill the village with bodies we'll be doing super.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 09, 2010, 10:59:01 am »

By D1, I meant the very northern border. As in, I see invisible walls up there.

But with so many server crashes lately, my interest is waning even faster than before. :/ And I remember when the lag was supposed to have been "fixed" several months ago...

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 09, 2010, 11:44:57 am »

loftar fixed a cause of the lag (these things can never be singular, of course) but as of late I think it's a bandwidth issue. There's been some talk about renting an actual server which should alleviate that issue, but I dunno if anything'll come of it anytime soon.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:49:57 am by KoE »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 09, 2010, 04:13:19 pm »

Hey KoE in the event that I should decide to abandon my current claim (there isn't too much of value that I'd have to move with me), would I be best off jumping to say Nople and heading from there? I'm not sure if I want to lose all that precious LP :P

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 09, 2010, 06:36:09 pm »

Declaiming refunds LP.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 09, 2010, 09:13:12 pm »

Declaiming refunds LP.

I meant the LP lost if I started a new character at the village, hehe.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 09, 2010, 09:21:08 pm »

I'll log back in again before I sleep.

Anyway, were the hell is the exit from this village :o, its huuuuge, and I don't want to make use of the tree farm before I can actualy plant trees. Farming and planting hemp is giving me some decent LP though.

Also, walking to the village is not impossible, but be sure you're at least able to cook meat make boats. Travelling in heaven and hearth seems pretty realistic, you have to walk literal miles to get from a place to another. I travelled there today, it took 3 hours or so from sheer walking, cooking, boat building and getting my face smashed in by boars and bears, all while carrying a 500 lb boat over my shoulders, truly epic.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 10, 2010, 03:02:57 am »

Hey KoE in the event that I should decide to abandon my current claim (there isn't too much of value that I'd have to move with me), would I be best off jumping to say Nople and heading from there? I'm not sure if I want to lose all that precious LP :P

Actually, and you might want to ask DJ or someone else from Buyan, but I'm pretty sure you can hop to this supergrid from Constantinople via crossroads. That'd probably put you 15, 20 minutes away at most, and that's assuming you couldn't just hop straight from the Idol (either from 'Nople or wherever the theoretical one to Buyan drops you off).

I'm pretty sure 40 or so AGI will get you from Constantinople to here, but it's possible I'm wrong.

Glad to hear you've made it, Dakk, and sorry I wasn't around to give you the tour. We're using crossroads to do our out-of-village traveling (for security and convenience); there's a signpost near the idol. Since you probably had near-max Travel Weariness you wouldn't have been able to use it, but our storage is chock full of wine, tobacco, and pipes to get that down. (Storage is marked with a runestone and just northwest of the idol).

EDIT:

I see Deimos has been around too. Hopefully you got a hand; sorry if you didn't.

Anyway I logged in to see this:

and cooed like a little girl for some reason. It's almost enough to make me want to build a charterstone and set up a shantytown outside our walls. Keyword almost because that's really a stupid idea.

And since I was taking screenshots I grabbed this too.

I've always said deer are nature's cows.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:36:48 am by KoE »

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 10, 2010, 05:33:25 am »

I rekindled some interest yesterday when I found my very own Tin mine. :P But in order to make the frying pan I so badly desire, I still need to find Copper. Looks like I'll be building that wagon after all and going cross-country until I either find some, or quit. Whichever comes first.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 10, 2010, 08:16:05 am »

Actually, there's no port from Constantinople to D4 AFAIK, but it's only like 1.5 supergrids between 'Nople and Andoran Even with 10 agi, it shouldn't take more than half an hour of walking from 'Nople towards Andoran before you can port to idol (assuming you don't have any TW). You need to be sworn in first, of course.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 82