Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Escape Velocity:Nova  (Read 3104 times)

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Escape Velocity:Nova
« on: November 26, 2009, 05:55:42 pm »

does anybody here play this awsome game by ambrosia software?

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Escape Velocity:Nova
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 08:15:23 pm »

I beat it on the Polaris storyline. Good fun, although I hate how you can't really pick which storyline you get.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 08:33:52 pm »

Actually, you can. Abort a mission from a storyline or do not do the first misssion.(I almost always do vellos story line. always. Once I may have started federation storyline.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 12:11:00 am »

Not that money was hard to get, with the fixed price economy. Just do the run that the tutor shows you (though sell on the return ship on europa or whatever the moon is in the earth system, so save 2 jumps). start off hiring cargo drones with your profits, then a terrapin, then a fleet of terrapins, then a pegasus, then a fleet, then a leviathan, and a fleet etc. Most times i stopped at the fleet of pegusi though, as you need about 10 million credits at least to fully fill them for a trip and back, and make about 500K in profits.

Magma is overrated.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 02:23:12 am »

I played that game a TON. Beat it on every possible storyline. I found all the storylines (including Wild Geese and Bountyhunter) except the Pirate one on my own, I found that one a few months later after coming back to the game and looking up a walkthrough to see if I had missed anything. Very enjoyable game. Sadly the replayability is kinda shot after beating all the major storylines, since it's always the same and you don't really have choices. Still, I've went back to it a few times over the years to play around a bit more.

Very fun game. Kinda disappointed that their more recent (2008) 1.1.0 update was Mac only, though - since I bought the Windows version back in 2005 or 2006 I think it was.

The price seems a bit much though, considering it's getting a bit dated. I think I paid $30 when I bought it, and it's still the same price.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 06:22:53 am »

you know whats fun? going to tichel or some of the northern places and just blowing pirates up. also, thirty dollars is kind of expensive.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 06:31:38 am »

Completed it on all storylines. Vellos was p.awesome.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 11:57:42 am »

just starting what i think is vellos storyline.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 02:30:06 pm »

I finished it a long time ago, all stories. Really great gameplay, too bad every storyline is a mary-sue's wet dream.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 02:43:41 pm »

I finished it a long time ago, all stories. Really great gameplay, too bad every storyline is a mary-sue's wet dream.

yup.