Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 444

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 614375 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List [Vote for games now!]
« Reply #5880 on: January 05, 2021, 11:55:49 pm »

I'd also be in for hosting something, but it looks like I'm now one of several.  Do we have enough interest that we could float gametypes?  I would lean toward something lighter given the last two games were Bastard Paranormal 3 and BYOR 15.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: January 06, 2021, 12:16:10 am »

I wouldn't mind playing in a mostly vanilla open or semi-open setup.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: January 06, 2021, 01:23:40 am »

Interesting. When it's my turn, I would like to run a The One I Cannot Kill.
I would literally play anything right now, so I don't see small games being an issue.

I definitely do not have the time right now LOL, I am hoping that 2 or 3 people want to make other small games first.

I personally have a preference for "slim closed" setups, stuff like the old color mafia, vote mafia, whatever. a little mafia amuse-bouche. But I also think that a palate-cleanser of a mostly vanilla would help to settle my anxious stomach.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: January 06, 2021, 01:31:08 am »

Okay, so Hector13 followed by 4mask followed by me all volunteered to host something little.  Does a 5 player game need to respect the queue that much?

What is the current state of the queue, anyway?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: January 06, 2021, 08:45:10 am »

For the big game to replace BYOR 15, who’s up next for that? The beginner mafia is traditionally in its own separate queue due to being intended for a different crowd than the main games, and with D3 heading towards its conclusion it’s not a bad time to get setups going.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: January 06, 2021, 08:47:14 am »

Little clue. I would be fine pointing towards a smaller beginner mafia game if I don't get enough people for F11. At the least, it isn't going to run concurrent with another beginner mafia.

Ninja'd even here?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: January 06, 2021, 09:38:30 am »

For smaller/shorter games, the queue isn't really a barrier, as that was meant for avoiding large games conflicting with each other. If you can get a small/short game to run, based off some initial interest, I see that as a boon for the community.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: January 06, 2021, 02:12:33 pm »

I can have a game up shortly if there are no objections?

I’ll do Vengeful Mafia, as I think a handful of those have been run on the board before, and it seems easy enough.

Do y’all want a relatively short game, say 48-72 hour days, or a bit longer, say 120 hour (or longer :o) days? Hammers would be in effect for both, and no extensions since they’re usually awful.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: January 06, 2021, 02:30:08 pm »

Might as well try to fast one first, and if it's too short, then we make it a bit longer?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: January 06, 2021, 04:08:48 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: January 06, 2021, 05:36:22 pm »

For the big game to replace BYOR 15, who’s up next for that? The beginner mafia is traditionally in its own separate queue due to being intended for a different crowd than the main games, and with D3 heading towards its conclusion it’s not a bad time to get setups going.
If roseheart doesn't decide to take priority, I can run Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2. I'll defer to them if they have their own ideas though, since they queued up first.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: January 06, 2021, 06:49:30 pm »

Queue is really only for big games, and even there it's more of an attempt to let everyone keep track of who wants to run stuff so we don't step on each other's toes. I'm not trying to be gatekeeper or anything with this thread.

Beginners are in their own category.

Small games are fine as long as they have the players they can run.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: January 06, 2021, 07:46:38 pm »

Yeah, that seems fair. We don't need to keep it to only one game at a time if the other games are smaller or focused on beginning players. I'll just have to see whether roseheart wants to take the next 'big game' slot.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #5893 on: January 06, 2021, 11:51:53 pm »

I probably will not be ready to host my vanilla mafia, for the better part of a month. Atleast not for a few weeks.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: January 07, 2021, 01:04:36 pm »

I'm thinking of running a heavily revised version of Choose Your Own Mafia. Details in the setup review channel here. Would love to get some feedback on the setup before going into signups, though there can be a phase before the game starts for finalising any last minute rule adjustments.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 444