Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Online Dating (and offline as well, I guess)  (Read 5017 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Re: Online Dating (and offline as well, I guess)
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 12:02:19 pm »

She is Pretty confident about her self, but she is as dumb as a brick
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 12:36:39 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:12:31 pm by Stany »

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 01:07:01 pm »

What? I don't know how to explain it. Something just happens
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 02:19:01 pm »

If she's dumb, don't go out with her.  I would rather die alone than marry a stupid.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 02:50:38 pm »

I'd rather just build one.  But, it's also quite difficult for a person to be even dumber than love, so it's not impossible for there to be a connection.

My opinion?  It's just an infatuation.  Feels like love, but stops as fast as it starts and only serves to lead you into all sorts of really nasty pits (there is ABSOLUTELY NO INNUENDO in that sentence).

Just wait it out for a while.  Try and think about other things.  Eventually, the main rush will be over and you'll feel like a twit, but it's a heck of a lot better than some of the alternatives.  Just talk with her.  Get to know her.  Nothing serious.

Just remember something...  If a person can't be your friend, they can't be your soulmate.  Simple as that.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 05:19:39 pm »

I like dumb, dunno. They say opposites attract, but she is nice and friendly person to be around

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 06:15:34 pm »

If she's dumb, don't go out with her.  I would rather die alone than marry a stupid.

Whoa, whoa, SLOWWWW DOWWWWWWN.

Dating DOES NOT EQUAL Marriage. Especially not if you're a freshman in highschool.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 09:38:37 pm »

My statement was independent of my advice.
Shoes...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 05:50:33 am »

Intelligence is overrated.

Anyhow, in my personal experience, online dating works, both for short-term flings and long term having-babies-relationships.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 08:16:07 am »

Intelligence is overrated.

DOES NOT LIKE
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 08:57:57 am »

Wisdom is where it's at, my young padawan.

Really, when offered the mutually exclusive choice, I'd rather have someone who knows little, but knows that she knows little, than someone who knows a lot, but doesn't know that her knowledge is limited.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 04:21:50 am »

To me, intelligence is vital. The more intelligent the girl, the more the things you could talk with her, the more likely she will understand your jokes, and the more likely she will have a good career to help boost your income if you do get married.

In fact, intelligent girls are sexually attractive to me.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 04:57:13 am »

In fact, intelligent girls are sexually attractive to me.

NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR FETISHES

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 11:40:42 am »

Meh, just do it. You can make an ugly girl pretty. Same thing goes for making dumb girls smart. Or turning a non-gamer girl into a gamer girl. If both of yous not compatible, just break up :P

If you're not compatible BEFORE you start dating, then I'd suggest you stay away. If her being dumb turns you on, well, yeah.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2009, 03:06:37 am »

If I was a girl, I'd go for someone rambling and goofy. More fun than the boring, serious ones.

I prefer stable guys myself. Goofy dudes are good as buddies, and that's it. But that's just me. Like Muz says, there is someone who'll like you for you, unless you're utterly, irredeemably insane.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4