Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Paranormal Round 11 - Game Over!  (Read 35029 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Round 11 - Day 2 dawns red
« Reply #180 on: November 08, 2009, 02:21:23 pm »

Kashyyk is scum. He jumped onto the Webadict train in the scum area (3rd to 5th, usually, but 6th and 7th have scum often, too), said that me and Jim were likely scum, but he never bothered to explain why, even when asked, and lurked to hell and back, he responded to neither Webadict's nor Forsaken's late game actions.
Wait... Kashyyk is playing?  I don't any posts... *checks*  Ok, so there were posts, just not really.  Also, NUKE9.13 is being a little lurky on that front.

This is quite odd, since we were getting a lot of info out of Forsaken when Pand was Toony Tunneling him. Frelock, do you consider Toony Tunneling to be ineffective?
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm going to answer it anyways.  The 'Toony Tunnel' as it were can be good against certain playstyles (chaoticjosh a game or three ago comes to mind), but it can also blow up horribly.  In other circles, it's known as Tunnel Vision and is generally frowned upon.  It's the same sort of thing that has everyone focused on Forsaken and/or webadict for the past couple RL days.  It can help sometimes, but there has to be a point when you just back off and look at the bigger picture.

I don't know if lurking is Org's normal behavior ...
It is.  It really is.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2009, 02:22:42 pm »

So Org, why DID you bandwagon so hard against me when the entire accusation was based on nothing but web's fancy?
I thought that you need to actually defend yourself. Sure, maybe it was based on his fancy, but thats happened before to me, and I've defended myself then.

@Forsaken again:Yeah, okay, when did I work with Pandar.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2009, 02:26:41 pm »

I don't know if lurking is Org's normal behavior ...
It is.  It really is. And this is rather annoying most of the time.
Clarified.

Although he's being relatively helpful at the time being, this is good.

@Forsaken again:Yeah, okay, when did I work with Pandar.

This?

HI I'M SCUM
HI IM TOONYMAN
NO YOURE PANDAR.

(Not really helpful)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2009, 02:29:04 pm »

Yes that. What else could that be, but a sarcastic attempt at further painting me scum.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 08, 2009, 02:38:37 pm »

Yes that. What else could that be, but a sarcastic attempt at further painting me scum.
Or I am saying that maybe Pandar is being helpful?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 08, 2009, 02:39:26 pm »

This is quite odd, since we were getting a lot of info out of Forsaken when Pand was Toony Tunneling him. Frelock, do you consider Toony Tunneling to be ineffective?
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm going to answer it anyways.  The 'Toony Tunnel' as it were can be good against certain playstyles (chaoticjosh a game or three ago comes to mind), but it can also blow up horribly.  In other circles, it's known as Tunnel Vision and is generally frowned upon.  It's the same sort of thing that has everyone focused on Forsaken and/or webadict for the past couple RL days.  It can help sometimes, but there has to be a point when you just back off and look at the bigger picture.

It's a tough balancing act, yes, but the important question has to do with the amount of info one can gather from interrogating him. If he looks scum, that's good. Ideally, we'll also look at others for the next day, but I already know that that's a bunch of crap. If he looks town, that's also good, we can focus on other people. The thing is, it shouldn't dominate the conversation. Yesterday was really awful, since very little was talked about. All the people Webadict said were scum are town.

Thus, I'm trying to start some shit.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 08, 2009, 02:46:12 pm »

Here's a bah post for y'all:

You all deserve to lose.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #187 on: November 08, 2009, 02:52:17 pm »

All the people Webadict said were scum are town.

I almost missed this. This seems like an interesting statement as you're one of the people Web called out as scum here.

However, Mr.Person has seceded you in scumminess. He knows that you are indeed scummy and yet refuses to vote for you.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2009, 02:54:07 pm »

You all deserve to lose.
Says the dead person who managed to get 2 / 3 townies killed (depending on if the Vig / whatever is town or dopp).

All the people Webadict said were scum are town.

I almost missed this. This seems like an interesting statement as you're one of the people Web called out as scum here.

However, Mr.Person has seceded you in scumminess. He knows that you are indeed scummy and yet refuses to vote for you.
Methinks Mr.Person's original post was a bit of an exaggeration.  Granted, Toony, web, and Leafsnail are dead, but webadict managed to accuse most of the players in the game as being scum at one point or another.

That is a neat way of making yourself look more towny though, Mr.Person...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #189 on: November 08, 2009, 02:54:54 pm »

I just liked the way he slipped the sentence in there at the end.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2009, 03:25:10 pm »

His final accusation was me, Leafsnail, and Jim Groovestar. That's what I was referring to.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2009, 03:30:47 pm »

Mr. Person, I consider toony tunneling to be very effective when it hits scum, and horribly bad for town when it doesn't.

Has anyone realized at this point that we're at 8 with 3 scum?  We mis-lynch at this point, and then the vig will be the only thing keeping us alive.  And he'd have to hit correctly tonight too, or the scum will have a clear voting majority.  I'm curious, since we're at an even number, what do people think about a NL, with a request for the vig to not kill.  With any luck, any PR's will get some more information, and we'll have one less townie to accidentally lynch.

Janus, you've mentioned twice that you think the vig might be a dopp.  With leafsnail as his choice of kill, which do you think is more likely?

Nuke we can't have lurkers at this point.  Same goes to you, kashyyk.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 08, 2009, 03:35:48 pm »

Mr. Person, I consider toony tunneling to be very effective when it hits scum, and horribly bad for town when it doesn't.

Has anyone realized at this point that we're at 8 with 3 scum?  We mis-lynch at this point, and then the vig will be the only thing keeping us alive.  And he'd have to hit correctly tonight too, or the scum will have a clear voting majority.  I'm curious, since we're at an even number, what do people think about a NL, with a request for the vig to not kill.  With any luck, any PR's will get some more information, and we'll have one less townie to accidentally lynch.

Janus, you've mentioned twice that you think the vig might be a dopp.  With leafsnail as his choice of kill, which do you think is more likely?

Nuke we can't have lurkers at this point.  Same goes to you, kashyyk.

Hmm.. ok. Unvote vote No lynch

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2009, 07:31:24 pm »

So... Kashyyk, why are you ignoring Paranormal?  You've been online (and even posted) since the day began but you haven't said a thing yet.

So far as the vig... I'm not sure yet.  I'm going to work under the hope for now that the vig is town because we're going to have some problems if this is not the case.

- With Leafsnail as the kill, I think that a town vig would be hoping that at least one of webadict's guesses would pan out.
- A scum vig on the other hand might have either been trying to cast suspicion on those Leafadict accused (Org and Mr.Person) or WIFOM into thinking we did.

Like I said though: for now I'm thinking / hoping town vig.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2009, 07:43:39 pm »

Well of course we all want the vig to be town (or at least act like we want the vig to be town).

HOWEVER, it COULD be an Exterminator. Just keep that in mind.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19