Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Paranormal Round 11 - Game Over!  (Read 35047 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Paranormal Round 11 - Day 1 begins it all
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2009, 10:43:03 pm »

Never eaten those others so not much I can say.

Ahh well. Too bad.

I'm going to go play some more Dragon Age.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2009, 10:45:58 pm »

Unvote. Jim, I'll get back to you later.

Forsaken1111, quit being useless! Same for you, Org!

Forsaken, why didn't you call out the scuminess of obsessing over stupid questions?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2009, 10:47:22 pm »

Unvote. Jim, I'll get back to you later.

Forsaken1111, quit being useless! Same for you, Org!

Forsaken, why didn't you call out the scuminess of obsessing over stupid questions?

Because last time I talked about useless questions everyone tried to hang me Pandar even though I was town. ALL of these questions have been useless, not just Org's.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2009, 10:52:17 pm »

If we force scum to answer questions about potential partners, it tells us a great deal about them. For instance, Forsaken1111, ignoring your OMGUS, what would be your least favorite full scum team to face?q
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2009, 10:55:26 pm »

Unvote.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2009, 10:55:53 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoFace: Jim Groovester
Nuke9.13: webadict
Pandarsenic: forsaken1111
forsaken1111: Leafsnail, Pandarsenic
webadict: Frelock, Mr.Person
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2009, 10:57:32 pm »

Holy crap.  That's a lot of pages of craziness.  I blame Borderlands for my lack of activity thus far.  Here are my thoughts:

JanusTwoFace, how can anybody trust you when you have two faces?
Anyone can trust me because I'm not a doppleganger, obviously.

So, I'm going to claim right now. I'm a Mad Scientist. I have an Assassin Bot. To prove it, I will shoot the person I can read the least.

@Meph: I will shoot ToonyMan. Take this as an action right now. I'm hoping that he dies a most horrible death, and also hoping that the Gambler's Fallacy backs up why I think he's scum.
Ok, so one, this is an insane plan.  Why would you do this at this point in the game?  You have little more than sheer luck to go on.  On another note, why couldn't you PM Meph instead of posting in the main thread?  This way, we actually have more to go on than we probably should.  Because Meph responded by actually doing what you'd asked, we know that you are actually the Mad Scientist with no possibility for counterclaim or the like.

Sorry about that ToonyMan. I had to use it now or else I'd be a terrible player.

Also, you being a War Vet is hardly helpful to the Town. :P
A War Vet is not unuseful at all.  Granted, the town has actions that might set him off and get killed, but the one set of players that we know has targetted actions is the scum.  I would have much rather them go after Toony and get blown to hell than for you to kill him off this quick.

Webadict, are you sure you aren't a Doppelganger who OMNOMNOM'd a Mad Scientist, stole his assassin bot, and used it to ensure:
1) Toony's death
2) A good reason to go after another Townie

By any chance?
This was my first thought.  I was a great way to get a likely townie in an earlier game, but at that point, we had a lot more to go on.  And it worked.  (Rather unlike this case).

... Nah. I didn't want to take the chance of another MS daykilling me. Stupid as that sounds, I'd prefer to live long enough to kill someone.
Another Mad Scientist?  Really?  I don't recall ever seeing two of them before, although this is a smaller game so that would make them more less likely after all.

On one hand webadict, I think you had a good point.  A Mad Scientist probably should use his assassin bot on D1; however, using it as early as you did is kind of insane.  So much so that I think you may be gambling on us thinking on man, that's such a crazy idea, he must be town.  But right not, you're the scummiest person I've seen.

Also, ug with the even more pointless than normal random questions.  Those help even less.  I have to agree with Pandarsenic (who is thankfully acting far more sane than in Toon Mafia)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2009, 11:32:19 am »

Unvote.

Webadict, what the fuck?  A completely random daykill is certainly not your style.  In fact, if I remember correctly, the boot was on the other foot not all that long ago...
...Doesn't even get to finish my sentence, you moron...
Unfortunately for us, we have no E8 role to reset the day back to the start.  In fact, when you came back as a CT, did you not insist that alex use his daykill to give the town an extra lynch?

My guess is that you're WIFOMing.  You're trying to make us think that you did something so stupid that you couldn't possibly be scum.  You could be a cult Mad Scientist (or a team mate of a cult mad scientist), or even an Exterminator (or his operative).  As I said, webadict, this is very unlike you.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2009, 02:08:07 pm »

Wow... I haven't got a lurker vote on me yet.

As others have said and I will reiterate, random day kills are not your play style Webadict. It is also an incredibly stupid thing to do, as Scum or Town in my opinion. If you are scum then yay for us. 1 down, 2 to go. If you are town then we are getting rid of someone who will most certainly be a liability in the future, if this is anything to go by.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2009, 05:51:38 pm »

Holy cow a lot has happened. Unvote JanusTwoFace.

webadict, correct me if I'm wrong, but did you just use your day kill on ToonyMan, based solely on you not being able to read him, and used the Gambler's Fallacy to justify why you think he's scum? And you were completely and totally wrong, and also took out a valuable asset to the town?

And then are you ignoring all criticism by saying that you don't care what other people think? And that you'd rather be dead because you can ascertain that there's a medium?

Is that all correct?

I don't know what your game is, but whatever potential WIFOM you're trying to cook up is making me nervous to no end.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2009, 09:13:39 pm »

My opinion: the plan I suggested is something web would definitely have thought of, among others. Additionally, if Web was town, I fully suspect he would have used it to give us an extra lynch D1.
Have to disagree with you there. I don't care for what anyone else thinks, because the majority of people tend to be wrong. I do too, but at least then I can only blame myself for failing. If the town felt like idiots, we'd get nowhere fast. Therefore, I'm going to kill as soon as I can, to avoid the WIFOM.

So you aren't even going to bother hearing what we all say? Sure, the rest of the town might be wrong or whatever, but I could of told you that you'd be wrong after hearing a couple of random votes from a small portion of the town.

And then you admit you shot with Gambler's Fallacy? Good job, you just randomly killed somebody! Congratulations, Webadict! I don't care what you say, if you didn't want to look like scum, you shouldn't of shot in the scummiest way possible.
Uh huh. Uh huh... Soooo... I should've taken my time to look like town because I care what everyone thinks about how I look and am so dedicated to thinking about what they're looking for that I should only do that and nothing else?

Right... OR, how about this: I shoot someone that, as scum, would've WIFOMed me too much, or, as town, has a tendency to hit scum a ridiculously high amount with his first vote.

And you're wrong. The scummiest way to kill people is to wait until lylo.

So, I'll go for the whole "I don't care what you think" argument, and continue on with this game, instead of refusing to scumhunt, you quitter, whiney baby. Oh, and your mother.

Did I mention that your IQ is likely below 80?

No, you idiot, I didn't say shooting ToonyMan was scummy, because it isn't. What I'm saying is, you shot before half the town had a chance to talk. You admitted yourself you shot randomly. You shot ToonyMan because you don't like his playstyle. You can't say to cut back on WIFOM, that argument could be applied to anyone. So now your argument is crap, now that I've thought about it. Hey, you wanna know what you SHOULD of done? Waited until there was enough evidence to make an actual decision instead of just randomly deciding to kill ToonyMan and then coming up with a reason for it AFTER the fact.

And you want me to shut up. Of course. Only scum tell others to not ask questions.
True, but I always think ToonyMan is scum, so it wouldn't've helped. Plus, it's given a good amount of activity to start out, now hasn't it? And these aren't reasons after the fact.

Unvote.

Webadict, what the fuck?  A completely random daykill is certainly not your style.  In fact, if I remember correctly, the boot was on the other foot not all that long ago...
...Doesn't even get to finish my sentence, you moron...
Unfortunately for us, we have no E8 role to reset the day back to the start.  In fact, when you came back as a CT, did you not insist that alex use his daykill to give the town an extra lynch?

My guess is that you're WIFOMing.  You're trying to make us think that you did something so stupid that you couldn't possibly be scum.  You could be a cult Mad Scientist (or a team mate of a cult mad scientist), or even an Exterminator (or his operative).  As I said, webadict, this is very unlike you.
My guess is that you're a Doppelganger jumping on a bandwagon based completely on fail.

No, it wasn't stupid. I killed him because I can't read him. Simple really. I'd rather he not WIFOM me. But, you're passivity about the whole thing and your general nonchalantness leads me to believe that you are scum. Soooo, that's one. I'm glad you're trying so hard to back up your vote.

Wow... I haven't got a lurker vote on me yet.

As others have said and I will reiterate, random day kills are not your play style Webadict. It is also an incredibly stupid thing to do, as Scum or Town in my opinion. If you are scum then yay for us. 1 down, 2 to go. If you are town then we are getting rid of someone who will most certainly be a liability in the future, if this is anything to go by.
You would've had I not killed. Obviously, it's a lame excuse to vote me.

Basically, I missed, therefore I'm scum, which is a pretty terrible excuse for voting. Also, explain how I'm a liability? I'd like to hear this one.

Holy cow a lot has happened. Unvote JanusTwoFace.

webadict, correct me if I'm wrong, but did you just use your day kill on ToonyMan, based solely on you not being able to read him, and used the Gambler's Fallacy to justify why you think he's scum? And you were completely and totally wrong, and also took out a valuable asset to the town?

And then are you ignoring all criticism by saying that you don't care what other people think? And that you'd rather be dead because you can ascertain that there's a medium?

Is that all correct?

I don't know what your game is, but whatever potential WIFOM you're trying to cook up is making me nervous to no end.
That is all correct. I'm glad you're able to reiterate points.

Web, what do you mean? Did I miss something? This thread is going hella fast and I'm trying to cook dinner. :P
For a partner. Yes or no and why?
Oh, at this point no I wouldn't want you as a scum partner. Cracking off an assassin bot round 1 and killing a townie with very little hope of actually hitting a scum is way too much attention for me. If you are scum, you hurt the scum team by making yourself a day 1 target. If you're town, you hurt the town by killing a townie AND by making yourself seem scummy.
Wrong answer. The correct one would be no because I'm so obvious in general. I'm a prime candidate for inspections and roleblocks.

So, I'll vote Leafsnail. Obviously, you're all babies that complain a lot, so when you're done being morons and it's tomorrow, lynch Leafsnail.

Also, do a little better than voting me for stupid reasons. I'm glad you've all given up on actually scumhunting.

No, wait, some of you haven't. Good job, you two.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2009, 09:16:33 pm »

The Whiteboard
JanusTwoFace: Jim Groovester
Leafsnail: webadict
Pandarsenic: forsaken1111
forsaken1111: Pandarsenic
webadict: Frelock, Kashyyk, Leafsnail, Mr.Person

Day 1 ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2009, 09:18:25 pm »

Meh, maybe it was just a townie mistake. IT HAPPENS GUYS. YEAH, LIKE IN BYOR MAFIA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2009, 09:28:59 pm »

I need an extension to at least 3 hours after that, because I won't get a chance to say anything tomorrow otherwise.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2009, 09:29:58 pm »

Same here. I probably wont be done with homework til then.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19