Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Torchlight  (Read 26304 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Torchlight
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2011, 08:32:34 pm »

Huh.  That sounds...extremely like what I want.  Except that with no battle.net, how do they plan on doing matchmaking?  Purely friend-to-friend on Steam/XBox/whatever?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2011, 11:43:02 pm »

I actually started having way more fun with Torchlight when I turned the difficulty to very hard, checked Hardcore and started playing it like a roguelike. You leave from town to the cave and never come back. Only times you can buy stuff is when you find a shopkeeper in the dungeon. The starting money should really be spent on potions.

"Never return to town" is called Ironman, at least by Angband players.

I think I would play very conservatively, walking up and down levels to replay them, making sure my player level outranked the rated level difficulty by quite a bit.

I'd use exploits and cheesy tactics.  I'd finish tuning my fishing macro, and do a lot of fishing, discarding almost all of the fish.

I would never, ever, ever enter phase beast portals or buy map scrolls from a vendor, or volunteer for any other side quests.

It actually sounds less fun than playing with the reincarnation safety net.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2011, 04:10:03 am »

I think I would play very conservatively, walking up and down levels to replay them, making sure my player level outranked the rated level difficulty by quite a bit.

I'd use exploits and cheesy tactics.  I'd finish tuning my fishing macro, and do a lot of fishing, discarding almost all of the fish.
I actually didn't think of doing either of those, but the Torchlight Ironman rules do ban both of those. Micromanaging is never fun, so I'll just roll with the punches. But yeah, one should never ever go into a phase beast portal, that's where most of my Hardcore guys met their end. I just wanted the loot...

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2011, 08:22:31 am »

Wait, so does this have Multiplayer yet?

I know there is a multiplayer mod which works (albeit has some bugs) but I'm wondering if there is some sort of lobby system implemented yet.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]