Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Most anticipated games.  (Read 1475 times)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Most anticipated games.
« on: October 21, 2009, 08:14:34 am »

So apart from the obvious one of DF 1.0 what games are people waiting to be released, specifically games which are scheduled for some point quite far into the future as opposed to those due within a couple of months, I've been waiting for Guild Wars 2 pretty much since it was announced. The other biggy for me is Armageddon 2 Both of these I came into the original quite late but I'm really looking forward to their sequels, with Armageddon mainly for the chance to be a part of the emerging game right from the beginning and GW 2 because I'm the kind of person who likes to show off special things they got by preordering.

But anyhow what are the games that everyone else is looking forward to in the future?
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Most anticipated games.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 08:47:11 am »

I have no idea when it is to be released, so I'll add APB. My defence is ignorance if this is to be released soon.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 09:40:52 am »

Age of Decadence - Fallout/Arcanum-like indie cRPG due to be released... whenever the hell. No date given.

Jagged Alliance 3 - sequel to squad-based tactical game series being made by Russians. Very little info available since initial teaser vid from 2008 or so. Only release date given is a vague 2010, which at this point probably means "not very soon".

Precursors - some Russian sort of freeform sci-fi FPS/space shooter. No idea when it'll be released, may even be cancelled.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 10:44:44 am »

Why does all your anticipated games sound like vaporware Virtz  :D I hope at least one of them pan out, especially JA3

I'm waiting for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3, so yes, blizzard own my soul for an undeterminate amount of time  :-[
I'm hoping for Diablo 3 release some time before the cold death of the universe.

For a game that will actually see the light of day in my life-time, I have high hopes for Silent hunter 5.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 12:00:29 pm »

Why does all your anticipated games sound like vaporware Virtz  :D I hope at least one of them pan out, especially JA3
Well, Age of Decadence actually "exists". A limited few even got to play a combat demo and give their feedback, there exist videos and screenshots and there have been dev-run Let's Plays of it. The combat demo is supposed to be released "soon" (with the actual game probably being "much later"), but, as it happens with most indie devs, they've decided not to give any specific date. :\

And I anticipate these sorts of things because at least they look ambitious. Assuming they fulfil their initial goals (even if partially), they're bound to at least be an interesting experience. Whereas games with guaranteed/known releases tend to be mainstream-appeal oriented and will be nice if good or better, but completely dull and forgettable if average and below.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 12:31:08 pm »

ja 3 will get made even if mods do it, it will just take 10 more years
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 12:39:14 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:51:29 pm by Stany »

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
Re: Most anticipated games
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 01:30:03 pm »

Elite 4 from david braben with Frontier developments.
the outsider by same, because then work on previous is said to resume. . . also sounds kinda cool concept.
Master of Magic 2 aka Elemental from stardock.
The Elder Scrolls 5 from bethesda hopefully going back to its roots but unlikely.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: Most anticipated games
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 02:18:32 pm »

Elite 4 from david braben with Frontier developments.
And I would like to congratulate a newcomer to my list!!!

*Salivates whilst imagining Elite 4*
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 02:23:22 pm »

MOUNTNBLADE WARBAND. And all that other stuff too of course.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 03:26:22 pm »

Monster Hunter Tri.
It's due out "March 2010" which isn't that far off I guess, but I've been waiting for it in some form since before it was announced.

Monster Hunter for PS2 was probably among my top 3 favourite games ever, and the servers for it went down permanantly around the end of 2007. Monster Hunter 2, Monster Hunter G and Monster Hunter Frontier were all released in Japan only. It really looked like we were never going to get another real MH (PSP games don't count) but suddenly it's announced that MH3 is coming out on Wii and in North America.

I am so friggin' excited guys. D:

I'm also looking forward a great deal to Natural Selection 2 and Black Mesa.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 03:33:36 pm »

Call me a graphics whore but I love just walking around the gorgeous jungles of Crysis. so call me interested for when the sequel in the new engine comes out, as well as to see how STALKER 2 turns out in the same engine.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 04:13:43 pm »

Postal 3 and Incursion.  That's pretty much it.

I don't know much about what's coming up, and all the previews I *have* seen are wholly uninspiring.  They're all either extended sequels or games so generic they might as well be sequels.  Lately, the commercial game market has not been looking too great...

The Indie market is picking up though, which is nice.  And I've been drooling over a new Incursion for quite some time...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 04:14:46 pm »

A proper sequel to Starcon 2.

I've heard rumors about Stardock Games probably working on it, along with a proper sequel to Master of Orion 2 as well.

Both of those games had sequels that never happened. Anyway, if I remember reading correctly, they're intending to honor the series by keeping in the style of how they were made.

So I guess I can say, I'm looking forward to play MOO4 and Starcon 4. With today's technology; if yesterday's technology allowed such awesome games, then today's engines should allow for some interesting developments. Stardock, don't disappoint.

BTW, here's the article I found that I learned of it from (It's about a year old, however):
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Stardock-Wants-to-Remake-Star-Control-and-Master-of-Orion-98134.shtml

Additionally I think Toys For Bob have been responding to the petitions that fan sites have been making in regards to it as well.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:17:26 pm by Itnetlolor »

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 04:44:28 pm »

Borderlands for the PC. ONLY A WEEK TO GO!
Dragon Age: Origins.  Looks pretty damn good.
APB looks pretty good, but I probably wont play it considering I dont really do MMOs anymore
HL2:EP3. I cannot wait for this.
Gratuitous Space Battles. This looks amazing.
Incursion. Going to be ages for this one, but still.
Mass Effect 2. I loved the first one, say what you will. :P
IVAN. Probably will never be finished since I think the devs abandoned this a long time ago, but heres hoping.

Thats really about it for me. ;D
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel
Pages: [1] 2