Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 4: End - Winter Wonderland  (Read 53002 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Day 3 One replacement needed.
« Reply #255 on: November 09, 2009, 08:53:42 pm »

Why are you protecting him? They would go for noobs, while the "advanced players" tend not to agree as much on anything and actually argue more than the nubcakes.

I'm not protecting him.  I'm telling you you're being ridiculous and acting incredibly scummy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 09, 2009, 08:55:12 pm »

I am willing to replace SirBayer.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 09, 2009, 08:57:46 pm »

Why are you protecting him? They would go for noobs, while the "advanced players" tend not to agree as much on anything and actually argue more than the nubcakes.

I'm not protecting him.  I'm telling you you're being ridiculous and acting incredibly scummy.
I think you are being a MORON. Get that in your head?

PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT GOOD AT MAFIAS(IE NEW PEOPLE) MAY BE MORE LIKELY TO AGREE AND JOIN UP WITH ANOTHER PLAYER BECAUSE THEY MIGHT HAVE PLAYED A BIT MORE AND KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. GET THAT?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 09, 2009, 09:05:18 pm »

PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT GOOD AT MAFIAS(IE NEW PEOPLE) MAY BE MORE LIKELY TO AGREE AND JOIN UP WITH ANOTHER PLAYER BECAUSE THEY MIGHT HAVE PLAYED A BIT MORE AND KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. GET THAT?

First off, copying Webadict's playstyle without Webadict's intelligence in tow is going to get you nowhere.  He gets away with being abrasive only because he's smart.  Second, you're still being silly.  Why would the scum want agreeable people dead?  Followers mean easy votes and lynch-controlling.

Now stop being stupid and provide me with some real answers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 09, 2009, 09:11:03 pm »

First off, copying Webadict's playstyle without Webadict's intelligence in tow is going to get you nowhere.  He gets away with being abrasive only because he's smart.  Second, you're still being silly.  Why would the scum want agreeable people dead?  Followers mean easy votes and lynch-controlling.

Now stop being stupid and provide me with some real answers.
....??
Can you not read as well?

Let me try to put it in Layman's terms.

Newbs(IE TehStefan) may be more willing to follow someone who plays Mafia games more, because he is not so good at the game. Now, what this means is they would kill the Advanced Players.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 09, 2009, 10:26:37 pm »

Org, you realize the strategy of virtually any player is to take out the more experienced ones, right? This is a prime reason why webadict would (theoretically) never live very long in most games he plays. Or rather, this used to be true but it seems to be becoming less common. He's too dangerous to be left alive as town, so scum tend to prioritize him, and town tends to get suspicious if he lives too long resulting in his death either way.

Not going after the experienced players is poor strategy -- you're accusing tehstefan on the basis that he's a newb.
You're also suspiciously (inadvertently?) directing heat off the more experienced players.
Org, one giant FOS toward you.

Now, Laetificus. You seem to only speak when prodded, so here's a slight prod.
What do you make of this? What of Org?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 10, 2009, 01:35:02 am »

Newbs(IE TehStefan) may be more willing to follow someone who plays Mafia games more, because he is not so good at the game. Now, what this means is they would kill the Advanced Players.

Ah, yes.  So we have tehstefan (a noob) who you think should be dead by now (because the scum are killing noobs) because the scum would kill the Advanced Players.

[CONTRADICTION]

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Day 3 Broken Peace
« Reply #262 on: November 10, 2009, 12:22:19 pm »

I'm gladly mistaken on the need of a replacement.  SirBayer will continue to retain his present role.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 10, 2009, 12:26:09 pm »

Speak of the devil!

Anyway, Org, I agree. You're being suspiciously active, even just in this game. This is the highest concentration of posts you've really had the entire time, or from what I've seen. Can't just take that as sudden interest in the game, can we?

Also, anyone up for the discussion of the scum's choice of who to knock off? RedWarrior0 didn't seem like a huge threat to anyone, in my opinion. If memory serves, he wasn't tunneling anyone, and he wasn't really being a problem at all. I wonder if the scum just random-killed.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 10, 2009, 01:24:11 pm »

Anyway, Org, I agree. You're being suspiciously active, even just in this game. This is the highest concentration of posts you've really had the entire time, or from what I've seen. Can't just take that as sudden interest in the game, can we?

Wow, what a surprise!  You use my rationale (except some sort of flimsy, half-baked version) and bandwagon Org, AGAIN.  If he's not scum, I'm willing to bet that you are.

Also, anyone up for the discussion of the scum's choice of who to knock off? RedWarrior0 didn't seem like a huge threat to anyone, in my opinion. If memory serves, he wasn't tunneling anyone, and he wasn't really being a problem at all. I wonder if the scum just random-killed.

My guess: a noobish scumteam misread the argument between CobaltKobold and RedWarrior0 D2 and thought RedWarrior0 was claiming doctor.  Honestly, though, I don't really get it either.  We might as well ask at the end of the game and leave it alone for now, unless anyone has any more insight than I do.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2009, 01:55:53 pm »

Current Vote Count:
Tehstefan[1]: Org
Org[3]: Vector, Tehstefan, SirBayer
Laetificus[1]: Apostolic Nihilist

Not Voting: CobaltKobold, Laetificus

Deadline: Wednesday, 11th 11am EST
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2009, 02:15:37 pm »

Vector: Very good point. Would you like me to vote someone else, sir?

Furthermore, I fail to see the justification for "flimsy, half-baked." Bandwagoning... I understand that suspicion. But I see a lot of Org very suddenly, and I come to the same conclusion. Is there something innately wrong with that?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2009, 02:40:06 pm »

No, I don't want to control your vote.  I want you to scumhunt.

Furthermore, I fail to see the justification for "flimsy, half-baked." Bandwagoning... I understand that suspicion. But I see a lot of Org very suddenly, and I come to the same conclusion. Is there something innately wrong with that?

See, this is the thing.  You're not bringing anything new to the table, and that worries me.  You sit around for all of D1 because you're waiting for an NK.  Now you bandwagon and follow me, without asking Org any questions, prodding him, bringing new accusations, etc.

You're not voting to find out if Org acts town, you're voting for the lynch.  Further, you're voting him based on

you're awfully chatty

and that's it.  Sure, I agree with you.  Sure, I think that's a good reason to press him.  Sure, it all makes sense... except for the part where you're not pressing him, you're just sitting here saying "You're talking too much!  That's suspicious!  I'm going to get you killed, now!"

Did nothing else he said bother you?  Is there some reason why you're not going back to previous days to find a pattern?  Or did you just look for the first thing that jumped in your head as a reason to vote for somebody, and go with it?

If someone in our little bundle seems to be protecting tehstefan (or, at the least, buddying up to him), it's you.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 10, 2009, 02:56:49 pm »

Okay, okay. You've got a point. I am not doing a whole lot of scumhunting. I'll defend myself mildly with "laziness," but I'll go ahead and get off my butt from here on out.

However, I find it mightily suspicious that you do what you vociferously nagged us about doing: putting words into my mouth. Where's this "defense" you claim I'm putting up?

Oh, I see. You think that by attacking Org, I'm defended Stefan. I see how that conclusion came around. So allow me to elaborate on my thoughts Org's argument here.

He seems to be making an awful lot of conjecture... but nothing that seems particularly premeditated. Rather, it seems a little overly-intense for scum. Well, good scum, anyway. So perhaps I was a bit hasty.

However, I disagree with his theory that scum always eliminates advanced first. Doing  that, while simply scum-tactics, is also a little bit... predictable, perhaps? Again, though, he's making reasonable conjecture and we seem to be skewing it. Or ignoring it altogether. That seems unwise.

In fact, it seems a bit scummy. Looking back, Tehstefan is doing exactly what you accuse me of doing, riding the exact same argument as you...

...and you don't say a thing. Not a little thing about it. So, Vector, what do you say of that?
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 10, 2009, 04:15:18 pm »

You've got a nasty habit of OMGUSing people who are pressing you, but I'm letting it slide for now because I'm so happy you're finally looking around.  Even if you seem to have a rather horrible case of tunnelvision.

However, I find it mightily suspicious that you do what you vociferously nagged us about doing: putting words into my mouth. Where's this "defense" you claim I'm putting up?

It's not that you're defending him with your words, but with your actions.  Org is louder as he attacks tehstefan.  You tell Org he should talk less.  I feel that that constitutes defense of tehstefan, because the only person attacking him is Org.  If Org started being quiet, then we'd probably go back to letting tehstefan lurk his way around the block.

However, I disagree with his theory that scum always eliminates advanced first. Doing  that, while simply scum-tactics, is also a little bit... predictable, perhaps? Again, though, he's making reasonable conjecture and we seem to be skewing it. Or ignoring it altogether. That seems unwise.

So... here's the thing. I object to Org being contradictory (hence the post that says [CONTRADICTION] in big letters).  His poor logic pisses me off, but more than that he's contradicting himself.  That's a scumtell.

Further, why does his conjecture even matter?  What you're saying is "I voted him because he talks too much, but now I don't want to kill him because his conjecture might be correct."  This, from the person who says that as scum, you'd always tell the truth?  It seems like you're not even looking at the data.  Or maybe you're completely blind.  Or something.  In any case, you're confusing the hell out of me.  Can you explain why you're not a walking nest of contradictions, yourself?

In fact, it seems a bit scummy. Looking back, Tehstefan is doing exactly what you accuse me of doing, riding the exact same argument as you...

...and you don't say a thing. Not a little thing about it. So, Vector, what do you say of that?

If you're talking about

Sure they argue more, but they also think for themselves Org. What would make me any more of a target than anyone else? In fact, the lack of argument would be great, as an experienced scum could completely manipulate the town. Webadict did just that, killing off all the town that could argue, and then the noobs, including myself, were completely taken off guard.

Org My vote stays on you  for the exact same reason it was on you yesterday.

he has D1 reasoning and continues to find Org suspicious.  He isn't riding my argument, he's riding his own argument.  The first part of the post isn't the important bit.  The important thing is that he's continuing to vote Org, rather than suddenly starting when I bring firepower.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28