Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1722775 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #1785 on: December 01, 2009, 09:06:06 pm »

We need something like what Deon is doing but more sensible for the Dwarves.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: December 01, 2009, 09:12:18 pm »

I think that apart from the nipple highlights, Deon's dwarf females are spot-on. On a sprite that size, I don't think you really shouldn't do anything too nipple-emphasizing. It does serve the function of eliminating any doubt as to the gender of those sprites, but it's a bit over the top  compared to the rest of the style, and it's unlikely other contributors will go similarly over the top with something else. It would always stand out (ouch).
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

Winterbrass

• Bay Watcher
  • [HOMEOTHERM:10032]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: December 01, 2009, 10:18:01 pm »

It almost seems like there's a backlash against sensible sprites.

I far prefer the dwarves to the humans in the trade depot screenshot - the humans are far too detailed, to the point where you can't see any detail from a normal level because it all just blurs together, much like Deon's female dwarves. (And that's completely neverminding the aforementioned fact that they're very hooker-esque. I didn't want to say it first out of respect, but now that it's out there...)

Keep them simple, keep them stylish. If you attempt to add too much detail, you're just going to end up fucking it up. Personal taste? The 3D-rendered sprites are superior to both the humans and the female dwarves, and I don't like them.

As far as I'm concerned, so long as we have actual sprites for civ members, that's good enough until important shit is done - like actually differentiating between building materials.
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS:RARE]
[CAN_CIV][CAN_SPEAK]
[ETHIC:USE_MIND_ALTERING_SUBSTANCES:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:CAUSE_UNFUNNY_DRAMA:SHUN]
[ETHIC:PLAY_DF_AS_ELVES:UNTHINKABLE]

soup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: December 01, 2009, 11:36:41 pm »

I'm actually kind of unnerved about all the complaining toward Deon's female dwarves. He has done an amazing job so far, and he's put a lot of time and effort into making those sprites. (which I love, if he made an entire set based on that comedic style I would use it.)

As far as I'm concerned, this thread is for contribution and suggestions. People telling Deon he is wasting his time are wasting their time, and the time of other people in the thread. Keep your negativity to yourself, there is a line between 'helpful' and 'hurtful'.

If you want something done the way you want it, do it yourself. If you lack the ability to do so, then ask nicely.

Lord Nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: December 01, 2009, 11:37:00 pm »

Ok, ok. so Deon will have the first optional add-on pack for stonesense, the busty dwarf pack.
Now, can we stop arguing?

LN
"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

soup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: December 01, 2009, 11:39:24 pm »

Ok, ok. so Deon will have the first optional add-on pack for stonesense, the busty dwarf pack.
Now, can we stop arguing?

LN

Exactly, it's pathetic to see some of these members bickering back and forth as if stone sense can and WILL only have one graphics pack... ffs, look at how many packs have been made for standard DF. If you don't like the nipples, take his sprites and remove them in your own version.

Actually, I think it's getting to a point where we need to make a contributions only thread. This thread has become overrun with members whining about how they feel the "style" of DF isn't being matched by the talented spriters who have contributed so far, they don't need this negativity.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 11:41:06 pm by soup »

Zaratustra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zarat.us/
« Reply #1791 on: December 01, 2009, 11:39:56 pm »

hate to interrupt all the discussion about boobs

but I made a little php app

it picks a texture like this

and makes it into this

you can try it at http://zara.verge-rpg.com/dorf/blockifier.php?filename=http://zarawesome.googlepages.com/shalewall.png and replace the latter url with whatever you want see if it works

soup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: December 01, 2009, 11:56:34 pm »

Zaratustra, that app is amazing. I think it'll help dramatically while experimenting with different floor tiles.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: December 02, 2009, 12:56:59 am »

Zaratustra, so far I can get nothing from the site other than the original image, though it even renames the resultant image after the new file. Yes the file is PNG, and the proper size.

Wierd.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: December 02, 2009, 12:57:32 am »

Oh god, oh god. Guys, psssst! Stop it :). I am in no way pretending to make these sprites for a "default" version and also yeah I like big rack and jewelry and attributes which you can call fetishism blablablabla... But seriously, you kill kittehs and drown poor nobles, another set of women big-gazongas wouldn't hurt the comunity.

Sorry for female audience, I supposed I could recieve a reply like this. It's in no way meant to harm the female part of the planet or make them "whores".

I just followed the advice of a few previous posters before I've made first one where they told that in ISO there should be small faces, big heads and accent on important parts. Well, I think that the head is not the ONLY important part thus you get this set, and I followed YOUR advice :).

The only issue I see with his female dwarves is that some of them have visible nipples, and that might not be acceptable to the parents of some of the younger players.
1) No nipples, it's jewelry. Come one, zoom. It even has different color. Also my personal matter is that DF is 10+ because of all the gore, and in 11 you usually are watching pr0n magazines and try to pick up girls :D.

If a "funny" set is made...dwarfs must lack one sock each.
Great idea! I tried to find out a funny way to make male dwarves, and it's a cool option between others.

P.S. Take it easy. Relax :>.

Zaratustra, I am going to test it, thank you for your effort.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: December 02, 2009, 07:45:57 am »

I am in no way pretending to make these sprites for a "default" version

1) fix the mantle of your Dwarven Queen for one.
2) Quite a few people actually wanted to make it the default version

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: December 02, 2009, 08:05:53 am »

What do you mean by "fix"? Any specific recomendations? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: December 02, 2009, 08:06:53 am »

What do you mean by "fix"? Any specific recomendations? :)

Specifically fix the left side of the upper mantle. It loses its color for no reason.

Maybe I should Highlight it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: December 02, 2009, 08:47:06 am »

Nah I see it, thanks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: December 02, 2009, 10:27:41 am »

Given their cultural stoutness, and the likely distribution of weight, it's a shock the male dwarves don't have large, bountiful breasts.  Deon's dwarfesses look just about spot on, apart from the necessary exaggeration to convey what the image even is.

Disregarding the nipple highlights, of course.  That's undeniably kinky.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 379