Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1721700 times)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #5115 on: June 20, 2011, 12:04:10 am »

I've been having trouble with getting stonesense to see stockpiles and creatures, including dwarves, with the version in op. Using DF version .18, do I have to update to later versions? Or did I missed something in the Helpme and init?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: June 20, 2011, 12:23:29 am »

yeah, during version 0.31.18, peterix was busy, and by the time he was back, a new version was out.

As for stockpiles, if you refer to items in them, they are not currently supported.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: June 20, 2011, 12:58:42 am »

yeah, during version 0.31.18, peterix was busy, and by the time he was back, a new version was out.

As for stockpiles, if you refer to items in them, they are not currently supported.

Naa, not the items in them, just the designation. Would be neat to see all the items around, but horribly cluttered I'd imagine  :D
Thanks for letting me know!

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #5118 on: June 20, 2011, 09:08:16 am »

Damnit, now I feel bad that I didn't stick around more.

Didn't know about the boulder-differentiation either... :(

Grim Dark is still inprogress(At the metamorphics now, still) I just haven't played a lot of dwarf fortress lately due to a lovely combination of three things: 1) school 2)doing spritework proffesionally as well 3) computer troubles.

I'll be updating grimdark in the summer holidays though :)

Haha, hope you don't mind me playing around with your pack. I really like the style, but was kinda disappointed with how little it applied to. I've since made all previously unsupported stones use a combination of the Igneous and Ore sprites, though. Works pretty well.
No problem. I personally want to make sure the stones are unique looking.
My biggest problem up till now are actually the ramps. They're a pain to make for one stonetype, but I have to at the least make them for the rough stones and the constructed ones. Then combine this with the fact that there's a huge amount of stones...
(hell, I'm not even going to pretend that I'll make them for the gems.)

If anyone wants to help out, just doing the nasty copy-pasting bits with the ramps would already be a life-saver.

EDIT: have a preview of the meta-morphics:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:10:37 am by therahedwig »
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Vaugher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: June 21, 2011, 12:20:18 am »

Well, I could probably help out as long as it doesn't involve anything besides copying and pasting. I can use bits and pieces of art, but I can't make it from scratch.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 12:27:53 am by Vaugher »

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: June 21, 2011, 09:11:25 am »

I don't know if this is the right place, but I have never gotten Stonesense to load. Every time I ty it hangs on the initial Connecting to Dwarf Fortress page. Is there a way for me to see what it's doing under the hood?
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: June 21, 2011, 10:53:52 am »

it does write a log file, and there's a file called memory.xml that is updated more often than stonesense.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: June 22, 2011, 02:59:24 pm »

Alright, well I asked a while ago but there was no response so maybe a screenshot will interest people more. 

I've been running this fort for quite some time now, and most creatures that have visited my map are permanently shown encircling the map edge.  There are also a number of creatures that were caged that are now stuck appearing wherever they were caged.  I would like to know if this is a known bug or if I've somehow screwed something up. 

Also, if a workaround exists with some dfhack tools or something, let me know :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
where is up?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: June 22, 2011, 03:21:20 pm »

Yeah, we don't know how to fix that.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: June 22, 2011, 05:28:49 pm »

Alright, cool, thanks for letting me know.  I suspect it might be a DF bug that is only visible through stonesense related to caged creatures leaving the map. 
where is up?

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: June 22, 2011, 09:35:11 pm »

DF doesn't have thorough garbage collection? Shocking!
~ T

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: June 23, 2011, 01:59:27 pm »

Works fine on .25, however some axles that were supposed to be N/S were aligned E/W even though they had only axles and gears north and south of them. I tried fiddling with the XML a bit, and my other axles appear to use the sprites in this block:
Code: [Select]
<or>
<NeighbourSameBuilding dir="North"/>
<NeighbourSameBuilding dir="South"/>
</or>
while the bugged axles use this block:
Code: [Select]
<or>
<NeighbourOfType dir="East" value="building_gear_assembly"/>
<NeighbourOfType dir="West" value="building_gear_assembly"/>
</or>

Screenshot, with the lower axles working fine and the upper axles bugged:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm sorry if this has been reported already, I couldn't find anything.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: June 23, 2011, 03:32:45 pm »

Alright, cool, thanks for letting me know.  I suspect it might be a DF bug that is only visible through stonesense related to caged creatures leaving the map.

Yes it is as if the (civilization) having (bought/not sold) critters just walks beyond the visible edge and lets everything go. Every now and then I blast them with Runesmith or DFCreatureManager to clear the ballast. Same goes for critter groups ... since sometimes that load of 'boring' deer is keeping back something more interesting taking their place.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

aegisreflecto

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: June 23, 2011, 10:06:01 pm »

I've read most of this thread, and I've tried to make stonesense 2.3 work with 31.25. I've updated memory.xml but it still hangs on connecting to df. People earlier in the thread have said it works with an updated xml file, what would be different with my setup that it wouldn't?

Thanks.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: June 24, 2011, 02:53:55 am »

I've read most of this thread, and I've tried to make stonesense 2.3 work with 31.25. I've updated memory.xml but it still hangs on connecting to df. People earlier in the thread have said it works with an updated xml file, what would be different with my setup that it wouldn't?

Thanks.

It worked for me only when I used this memory.xml from the Overseer thread.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 379