Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1719558 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #4605 on: February 13, 2011, 11:42:12 am »

DFHack has a (mostly) updated memory.xml. Try taking the memory.xml file from DFHack and copying it over the memory.xml in stonesense.  That file not being able to identify DF .18 is usually what causes that to happen in my experience.

It doesn't have critter values, so creatures don't appear, but it gets terrain and plants.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: February 16, 2011, 08:11:07 pm »

So... not compatible with .19 yet?
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: February 16, 2011, 08:42:36 pm »

Heh I was kinda wondering how long it would take for somebody to ask...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

strich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: February 16, 2011, 08:43:30 pm »

Heh I was kinda wondering how long it would take for somebody to ask...
Less than 24 hours too. Impressive.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: February 17, 2011, 01:46:30 am »

lol I have been scouring popular threads looking for the people who ask this very question...never ceases -.-

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: February 17, 2011, 04:04:33 am »

ywah, we're working on getting it working for the new release. can't promise sprites for the new features, though.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4611 on: February 17, 2011, 10:25:18 am »

I suposse have some grass then:

From what I gather there's four levels: none, sparse, 'normal' and dense.
Grayscale because I heard that some cave-grasses are rainbow coloured.
The lighter one is identical to the darker one, and mostly there to give some choice. Maybe some people would find the original a bit too dark.

I guess that if it's properly implemented, that the 'general' grass goes away?

EDIT:Dear lord, there's something like 40 grasses...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:44:08 am by therahedwig »
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: February 17, 2011, 02:21:49 pm »

I suposse have some grass then:

From what I gather there's four levels: none, sparse, 'normal' and dense.
Grayscale because I heard that some cave-grasses are rainbow coloured.
The lighter one is identical to the darker one, and mostly there to give some choice. Maybe some people would find the original a bit too dark.

I guess that if it's properly implemented, that the 'general' grass goes away?

EDIT:Dear lord, there's something like 40 grasses...

Simply awesome....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4613 on: February 17, 2011, 05:50:48 pm »

Aargh, stop me from making all these grasses, it's too damn addictive easy! I have ramps to do!

uhm, have some nestboxes, jugs, pots and hives then. (Yeah, there's no fletched hives in the game, but at the least people will recognise it instantly)

Simply awesome....
Thank you :3

I don't think I'm going to try my hand on the animals. My style is quite different from the general stonsense style, and it has only worked together up till now because I keep foccusing on the terrain.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: February 17, 2011, 06:53:40 pm »

therahedwig, actually, if my guess is right (I haven't had a good look at it just yet) there's more likeley to be 100 levels of grass, if it works anything like the other coverings.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4615 on: February 17, 2011, 07:05:54 pm »

well, using 'look' mentions dense, no qualifyer and sparce. I kinda went off that.

If you plan to go for higher variety, do say.

For how decadently the different grass is just mere flavouring, I have to say I'm quite fond of it from a graphical point of view.(mostly because I've always wanted to sprite something that had a nice variety in plantgrowth, bit of a stupid reason, but hey)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: February 17, 2011, 07:14:05 pm »

Even if there are 99 densities, the "k" look only displays, what, 3 or 4?  So, probably easy to just clump all those together into 3-4 sprites so that the image reflects the "k" look in-game.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: February 17, 2011, 07:19:02 pm »

Even if there are 99 densities, the "k" look only displays, what, 3 or 4?  So, probably easy to just clump all those together into 3-4 sprites so that the image reflects the "k" look in-game.

Agreed. Both the in game loo[k], and physically looking at it go for this approach. Eyes can't distinguish between 54 and 56 levels.

Now, you might make the argument for splitting it into more than four categories, because I could distinguish between 10 and 20 levels. However, the fact that the game itself only displays 4 works for me.

All I have to say is that maybe in the higher grass densities, we could use a solid grass color background. That way it looks like a carpeted grass . Just a thought. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:23:06 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: February 17, 2011, 07:28:36 pm »

yeah, my point was that you could just do whatever number of sprites you want, and they can be used appropriateley.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: February 17, 2011, 07:37:26 pm »

That's looking pretty sweet wig
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 379