Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8075 8076 [8077] 8078 8079 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9534055 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121140 on: October 19, 2022, 07:26:24 am »

"Hey Sarah, how's work at the observatory" "Oh yeah, turns out Europa's got no ice" "What?" "Yeah, I guess we'd just got it wrong all those years, it's actually smaller than we thought and just a rocky body. Who'd have guessed?"

Is ice technically rock water?
Love, scriver~

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121141 on: October 19, 2022, 07:42:56 am »

Is ice technically rock water?

Yea actually. Especially in very cold tempatures, it becomes just another type of stone. Titan's crust is mostly water/ammonia ice.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121142 on: October 19, 2022, 11:53:39 am »

Physical ailment or life malaise? Either way do your best Vec!

Just depression, apparently. Back to trying to lift myself out of this damn hole again. Will I ever get out? Nah, gonna die down here!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #121143 on: October 19, 2022, 04:00:26 pm »

Ignore the brain weasels! You'll get out of the hole.  8)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121144 on: October 19, 2022, 04:06:02 pm »

Physical ailment or life malaise? Either way do your best Vec!

Just depression, apparently. Back to trying to lift myself out of this damn hole again. Will I ever get out? Nah, gonna die down here!
Dig like the dwarf you are! If you never get out at least you can literally unleash hell!

But seriously, you'll be able to pull yourself out of it.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #121145 on: October 19, 2022, 07:31:05 pm »

I don't know if anyone ever truly beats that hole, but whenever you must go to meet it, I hope you do so with the taste of companionship on your tongue and with tufts of joy clawed free between your fingers. It's not a fair fight, or a just one, or a deserved one, and while it may be yours, it's not yours alone.

I wish you strength and perseverance.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121146 on: October 24, 2022, 04:53:18 am »

365 days ago, my grandmother slept eternal. She left her sister, children and grandchildren behind, and was laid right next to her husband whom she shared a bed with for decades. Today is the one year anniversary of my mothers childhood hearthfire finally giving out.

I don't know what to think or feel about it. It feels surreal. It has been a year, and entire year, since I last saw her. I don't know if I am sad right now. I don't think I am. But it didn't feel appopriate to say this in the mildy upset thread. I leave the reason of that unstated as a though exercise for the reader.

heh

I feel that vague sense of finality coming from inside my chest, just as it did that day, a year ago. I wasn't sad back then. Nor afraid of the reminder of death when I got the news. I didn't tear up, I didn't cry. It was fast coming, and I was prepared for -and maybe even callously, expecting- it, when her children still held hope that she would make it, up to the last moment they saw her alive, being rolled into intensive care, where she would never come back outside of.

The house is empty now.

It was inevitable.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121147 on: October 24, 2022, 09:44:23 am »

That is the finality of death. I walk into a room where I always would find them and go about doing my day to day things cognizant of the space they used to take up, of their greetings when they saw me, all the simple things that'll only linger on as memories now. It's not something that drives me to great emotion all the time; most of the time it's just a gnawing fact I have to acknowledge, like saying good morning to Charon the ferryman

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121148 on: October 24, 2022, 11:31:15 am »

Such a strange thing, death.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121149 on: October 25, 2022, 06:54:41 am »

I'm going to have to support more people through bereavements this month again; it's not something I think I am good at, but people still prefer to talk to me about it so I hope I am doing something well for them

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #121150 on: October 28, 2022, 04:41:32 am »

Elon ended up going through with buying Twitter. Fuck him and his frozen peaches. I don't even really use Twitter, I just don't want one more platform where chuds could speak freely.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121151 on: October 28, 2022, 06:47:06 am »

Elon ended up going through with buying Twitter. Fuck him and his frozen peaches. I don't even really use Twitter, I just don't want one more platform where chuds could speak freely.

Alright that settles it. Shut the gates, lads!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121152 on: October 28, 2022, 07:30:35 am »

With luck it'll be the death knell of Twitter. The guy probably won't be able to help interfering and it'll make the platform even worse.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #121153 on: October 28, 2022, 01:55:56 pm »

He was essentially forced to buy it, using every ounce of liquidity he has. He'll be OK if Twitter manages to be successful, but if it suffers a major revenue drop, he's toast.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121154 on: October 28, 2022, 02:07:46 pm »

A deadly meteorite will hit the earth within my family's lifetime, if not my own.
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!
Pages: 1 ... 8075 8076 [8077] 8078 8079 ... 8169