Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7472 7473 [7474] 7475 7476 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9511823 times)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112095 on: December 14, 2017, 09:24:19 am »

I inadvertently destroyed DF history by reporting a huge necro on the fluffy wambler bronze colossus decapitation. It's gone forever now.  :'(
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112096 on: December 14, 2017, 09:30:00 am »

Perilously close to getting fired for not showing up to work regularly. Still single and still cant get over it to boot, and i dont even have the time to meet anyone anyway
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112097 on: December 14, 2017, 04:25:01 pm »

I inadvertently destroyed DF history by reporting a huge necro on the fluffy wambler bronze colossus decapitation. It's gone forever now.  :'(
report this post

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #112098 on: December 14, 2017, 04:50:20 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112099 on: December 14, 2017, 04:55:10 pm »

I feel like I'm going crazy over these missing things of mine. As I search for them I only find more things missing. I am actually on the verge of accusing my family of theft from how completely I've searched and how I find nothing, except the things missing don't even make that much sense for a thief.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #112100 on: December 14, 2017, 05:11:57 pm »

I feel like I'm going crazy over these missing things of mine. As I search for them I only find more things missing. I am actually on the verge of accusing my family of theft from how completely I've searched and how I find nothing, except the things missing don't even make that much sense for a thief.
In my experience, don't accuse them and don't get mad.  You'll find whatever it is exactly 3 seconds after you've made an ass of yourself.

What you should do is take basic steps to prevent theft in the future.  For example getting in the habit of only storing your things within your own space and organizing your space so you can tell when something is missing.  If you continue to be suspicious you could start taking more rigorous steps like taking pictures of things to tell if they'll be disturbed, locking your door when you're away, or hiding things that you expect to be stolen.

Its worth pointing out that most families have a white noise of moving each other's stuff around in the public parts of the home.  I know I lost so many things as a kid because my mom would move them from one part of the house to the other in the course of cleaning.  And in some families, people will casually enter each other's rooms to borrow (or "borrow") things and not think of it as theft.  Kind of depends on what kind of family you have.

Edit: forgot the simplest step.  Ask "have you seen my _____ anywhere?  I don't remember where I left it."  Its not an accusation and sometimes you'll get a helpful answer.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 05:16:07 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112101 on: December 14, 2017, 10:04:42 pm »

I still see it
phew. It wasn't showing up in searches for me.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112102 on: December 14, 2017, 10:07:36 pm »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112103 on: December 15, 2017, 11:33:40 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:24:42 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112104 on: December 15, 2017, 01:46:59 pm »

*hugs the sad technicallyAdventurer*
I wish I had advice, but I would gladly be your friend if you want.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112105 on: December 15, 2017, 04:42:21 pm »

Just found out that my uncle died last night.  Feels pretty bad to lose one of the very few adults who ever gave a shit about me.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112106 on: December 15, 2017, 05:34:08 pm »

One family hike too many may have set me off.  She wouldn't stop talking about my brother, trying to reunite us.
We hiked the area I grew up in.  Saw the barn.  The creek.  The river.  The outcropping.  The everything.

It's not easy to be so close to both families, and trying to keep them from each other, and also my brother who beat me bloody and choked me to near unconsciousness.

Edit:  Bluh, that sucked.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 02:54:55 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112107 on: December 17, 2017, 01:01:04 am »

I'm in a similar boat after dropping off my wife and daughter at her parents place the other day. Hang in there.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #112108 on: December 17, 2017, 07:21:22 am »

No offense guys but I have fantasies of a weekend with no people and just quiet Hanstime and crappy cheap food. Love my wife and son but six straight hours of sleep and mindless electronic entertainment is my current 'naked supermodel serving me bacon and sex' fantasy.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112109 on: December 17, 2017, 07:45:55 am »

I'll admit there's some upsides to having the house to myself, but I also rely on my wife to be a functioning human most of the time.
Pages: 1 ... 7472 7473 [7474] 7475 7476 ... 8168