Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7464 7465 [7466] 7467 7468 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9512734 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111975 on: November 21, 2017, 09:28:33 pm »

:'(

Y’all are, like, sons of bitches and that.

My sad today...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111976 on: November 22, 2017, 01:31:55 pm »

Humans aren't exactly endowed with innate senses of the proportion of the metal death-beetles we encase ourselves in now-a-days.

I mean. You got like three mirrors to see the rest of your car; that's it. And they don't even cover all of it. And even if they did, we're also not that great at innately translating a distorted and cut-up mirrored image of our surrounding metal beetle into an actual mental map, enough to know the end-bits are at all times.

we're not even that good at our *own* bodies end-bits being in the places we think they are, not 100% of the time; and we've only been pilotting THOSE around for a couple hundred million years, give or take. (couple dozen million for the vague shape we got now, even) The death-beetles having been around for the eons that is... About a hundred years.

T' be fair you don't need to know precisely where things are around your car at all times, just a general idea that there's some asshat going what seems like a thousand miles an hour coming up on your left, there's someone else tailgating you despite you going 5 over, and you're trying to avoid that idiot cyclist on your right who is wearing black at night.

People are fucking stupid, your basic goal when driving is to anticipate just how fucking stupid they're going to be. People seem to be very good at anticipating when I'm being fucking stupid.

As fer Joshua's issue, he did the sensible thing, just forgot to check his mirror. Cars have bumpers, the person behind him was alright, nobody got smooshed to a thin red paste. Success.

I'm sorry for being overemotional about the whole ordeal. Sometimes I think I'm just so thin-skinned that any little thing can ruin my day, and convince me subsequently to then actively avoid doing anything for the day for fear that I've jinxed myself somehow, and that continuing to try to do things just sets me up for more failure, and that winds up becoming just me isolating myself and making me feel worse.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111977 on: November 22, 2017, 02:32:11 pm »

Nah it’s cool, I do that too. The foibkes of being human.

I avoid a particular junction which would, under ideal circumstances, make my journey home from work a little faster, ‘cause it is poorly designed and I can’t trust myself not to be an idiot just to avoid sitting at lights for an extra minute. I also avoid the interstate which would take a few more minutes off ‘cause most of the bizarre decisions I’ve seen while driving have happened on the interstate.

Normally I’m as patient as can be, but put me in a car and I let my most misanthropic self out.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111978 on: November 22, 2017, 02:37:21 pm »

There should be a way to weaponize ghosts in DF. I don't know, some kind of ward, or statue, or artifact.

Consider how interesting would be to be able to use ghosts as (a double edged?) weapon... at the cost of violently killing and desecrating citizens...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #111979 on: November 22, 2017, 03:05:01 pm »

There should be a way to weaponize ghosts in DF. I don't know, some kind of ward, or statue, or artifact.

Consider how interesting would be to be able to use ghosts as (a double edged?) weapon... at the cost of violently killing and desecrating citizens...

"Eschar likes FAILCANNON for its weaponized ghosts."

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #111980 on: November 23, 2017, 04:25:58 pm »

...wrong thread?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111981 on: November 23, 2017, 04:44:38 pm »

...wrong thread?
Ummmm ...No?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #111982 on: November 23, 2017, 06:18:42 pm »

If he's sad that you can't weaponize ghosts, then this would be the correct thread.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #111983 on: November 23, 2017, 06:32:09 pm »

I suppose, but that just seemed like it fit better in DF Suggestions or some other upper board. I don't even know anymore. Carry on, and never mind.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111984 on: November 23, 2017, 06:59:20 pm »

what even is truth
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #111985 on: November 23, 2017, 07:19:34 pm »

I suppose, but that just seemed like it fit better in DF Suggestions or some other upper board. I don't even know anymore. Carry on, and never mind.

It belongs there too, actually. Ambiguity: 1, the human race: 0.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111986 on: November 23, 2017, 11:40:47 pm »

Anyway, to put things a bit back on track...

I was hoping I would never have to post here and maybe this incident doesn’t warrant a post in the full blown sad thread, but considering the fact that it involves the potential loss of human life, I felt this was where it belonged.

So, I’ve been on the Subreddit of a certain popular game and yesterday a guy asked if he should still play it considering he had a lot of the game spoiled. He then proceeded to list off the specific spoilers he heard before casually mentioning that he had near-suicidal depression.

I didn’t consider the spoilers to be that big a deal (there was still a lot he didn’t know), but considering my own experiences with the game as well as the experiences of others, I decided to advise him against playing it cause I was worried about what the game would do to his mental health.

Today I decide to come back and check on the thread, and I find that he deleted his account. The Op is gone, all of his replies are gone. In their place instead is just a blank space with [deleted] inside it. If I still remembered his username I would look him up to see if there is any trace left of him anywhere, but for some reason I doubt that.

Now this isn’t conclusive evidence that he’s dead, but it is pretty damning. I just can’t believe someone I talked to only a day ago is now gone. I didn’t know him very well, but still! A human being f**king died today, and almost no one noticed!

Part of me wants to blame myself for this, but I stand by the stuff I wrote. There probably wasn’t anything I could have done to make things better.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111987 on: November 24, 2017, 12:20:01 am »

Simmer down a bit, perhaps; it's highly unlikely that he's actually dead. I'd actually rank the possibility of "deliberate trolling to make people have exactly that reaction" higher than "did a suicide", but plenty of people also often just delete accounts in a fit of neurosis. This not only isn't conclusive evidence, it isn't any evidence at all.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111988 on: November 24, 2017, 02:56:04 am »

Considering the game in question, I think that's just someone doing a tiny subtle creepypasta.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111989 on: November 24, 2017, 04:39:04 am »

what even is truth
Th4DwArfY1 confirmed to be Pontius Pilate
Pages: 1 ... 7464 7465 [7466] 7467 7468 ... 8168