Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7246 7247 [7248] 7249 7250 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499578 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108705 on: November 01, 2016, 02:36:41 am »

...Nonspecific general downcast feelings suck.

I should sleep, I suppose.  That's probably enough.  I'll try to get some responses out in the morning.  I've kind of been neglecting this thread today :(.

Sorry.

Hon, piece of unsolicited advice.

Maybe stop putting so much of your focus and energy into everyone else's problems and difficulties? That kind of non-specific depressed and listless feeling can creep in when you've emotionally drained yourself on behalf of other people. Put some care and energy into yourself, make your own life better, and take care of yourself; when you do that, you have a deeper well to draw from when you want to help folks around you. It only makes sense to show yourself the same compassion you want to show anyone else.

Codependance is a bad habit. Even with the best intentions, you've got to take good care of yourself, or you won't be able to help anyone else.

Grapefruit Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108706 on: November 01, 2016, 03:01:59 am »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108707 on: November 01, 2016, 03:20:59 am »

On a related note, you post here a lot TBF. I mean honestly. You've been here for half the time I've been here and have at least twice my posts. I may be an old coot yelling at weather balloons in the politics thread now, but given I was active of FG&RP for a while (and FG&RP is to post inflation what Zimbabwe is to currency inflation), it's not a trivial amount either.
RIP mainiac. :'(  ;__;7
Wait, he got banned?  :(
RIP brave soil
mainiac died doing what he loved: salting the earth.

Let this be a lesson to you all. Ceterum Censeo Carthaginem Esse Delendam.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #108708 on: November 01, 2016, 08:15:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108709 on: November 01, 2016, 08:29:32 am »

On a related note, you post here a lot TBF. I mean honestly. You've been here for half the time I've been here and have at least twice my posts. I may be an old coot yelling at weather balloons in the politics thread now, but given I was active of FG&RP for a while (and FG&RP is to post inflation what Zimbabwe is to currency inflation), it's not a trivial amount either.
RIP mainiac. :'(  ;__;7
Wait, he got banned?  :(
RIP brave soil
mainiac died doing what he loved: salting the earth.

Let this be a lesson to you all. Ceterum Censeo Carthaginem Esse Delendam.
mainiac.. who..?
I suppose I should be more aware of whom is whom, and what is going on around here, more often.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #108710 on: November 01, 2016, 08:47:26 am »

Mostly active in the politics threads, but a bit in Other Games too. Clinton supporter, prone to salt.

At the risk of sounding unhelpful... then talk to her.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108711 on: November 01, 2016, 08:53:01 am »

@Gamedragon: *hugs*

Talk to her.  Call her, do something.

With that said, you are neither stupid, worthless, ugly, nor broken.

...Nonspecific general downcast feelings suck.

I should sleep, I suppose.  That's probably enough.  I'll try to get some responses out in the morning.  I've kind of been neglecting this thread today :(.

Sorry.

Hon, piece of unsolicited advice.

Maybe stop putting so much of your focus and energy into everyone else's problems and difficulties? That kind of non-specific depressed and listless feeling can creep in when you've emotionally drained yourself on behalf of other people. Put some care and energy into yourself, make your own life better, and take care of yourself; when you do that, you have a deeper well to draw from when you want to help folks around you. It only makes sense to show yourself the same compassion you want to show anyone else.

Codependance is a bad habit. Even with the best intentions, you've got to take good care of yourself, or you won't be able to help anyone else.
ahahaha

But what do I do?

By all rights I should be happy, but I'm not...I'm mostly doing what I want to do, I'm not crazy-stressed, I generally get a good amount of sleep...I eat reasonably well...What's wrong with me to fix here?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 09:00:00 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108712 on: November 01, 2016, 09:17:41 am »

ahahaha

But what do I do?

By all rights I should be happy, but I'm not...I'm mostly doing what I want to do, I'm not crazy-stressed, I generally get a good amount of sleep...I eat reasonably well...What's wrong with me to fix here?

Spending less time on Bay12 in general might be a good idea. Consider dropping off for a week or two. A month. A year, perhaps. Or even for all time. Break the habit if it doesn't make you happy, and fill the time you regain with something new.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108713 on: November 01, 2016, 09:44:37 am »

ahahaha

But what do I do?

Spending less time on Bay12 in general might be a good idea. Consider dropping off for a week or two. A month. A year, perhaps. Or even for all time. Break the habit if it doesn't make you happy, and fill the time you regain with something new.
I don't think I could, even if I wanted to.

I have too little else.

Well, there's my problem...*sigh*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #108714 on: November 01, 2016, 09:48:00 am »

Feckin' grant feckin' Erasmus feckin' not giving me it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108715 on: November 01, 2016, 09:50:31 am »

I don't think I could, even if I wanted to.

I have too little else.

Well, there's my problem...*sigh*

You're not gonna ever fill that void with anything if you don't free up the space, man.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108716 on: November 01, 2016, 11:00:30 am »

But the question is what do I fill that space with?
Sigtext

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108717 on: November 01, 2016, 11:45:17 am »

And now I'm sitting here, feeling like shit because I constantly hear people screaming at me to do something, but it's all part of my 'psychosis' and I feel like I'll never find out why because I have to figure every damn thing for myself. It's like playing sherlock holmes with yourself to find out why other people are going through things and its not fun, it makes me feel guilty as fuck, and my dreams last night, and every night I've been having them, dont feel like fucking dreams. It literally[I feel] is turning other peoples lifes into shit and I don't know how to deal with it when these people don't text, call, or try to ask me anything. So here I am playing it solo and it's not fun, I wish I had a relationship, point-blank any type, because I've never had one, and I am doing my damnedest to not 'settle for less', but in my current situation I feel an invoking responsibility to mend broken hearts, and that's not great either. I want to know how this started and why it is the way it is, the only way I can manage to do that is through meditation, visions, dreams, and while I'm capable of lucid dreaming while awake through meditation it is not fun, it is fairly horrifying and frightening, because I feel like I'm the only one with this knowledge. I have to take it to my therapist and my psychiatrists but I'm not feeling like it's helping;not because they're bad doctors, they're some of the best but it's like I have to figure this out for myself before anyone else can help me. And I guess that's true in my situation. Although, I wish these people would just up and forget the preconceived notions that I'm going to like, hurt them or just kick them out because I'm not that type of person, but I mean, it is likely I will get into a confrontation about it because I am not someone that's just going to be a doormat. So, there, that's what made me sad and angry today. Maybe I'm just going through a psychosis and it's all in my head. I really, really wish and hope that's true. But I feel so deeply that I know it's not.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #108718 on: November 01, 2016, 02:10:53 pm »

I assure you, I am very real. That, at least, I can provide. (I suck at consolation, so that'll have to do.)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #108719 on: November 01, 2016, 02:18:53 pm »

But the question is what do I fill that space with?
Join a political party, a trade union, or a religious group, depending on your leanings

I'm kinda serious, too...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7246 7247 [7248] 7249 7250 ... 8168