Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7219 7220 [7221] 7222 7223 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9501864 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108300 on: October 15, 2016, 01:28:40 pm »

That sucks. He'll go to kitty heaven at least.

You know what sucks? Having several of your fields of interest, that you want to talk about and share with someone else, be not interesting to anyone around you, like, at all.

It's the main reason why I still don't have anyone I can really call a friend. Well, that and the general extreme social awkwardness due to me missing the school almost entirely.
There's someone out there who enjoys the same things as you, they just weren't there to hear you.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #108301 on: October 15, 2016, 01:31:20 pm »

Writing a guide on Steam to let off some... well, Steam.

At the same time I'm kind of foolishly hoping it'll become popular.

Made worse by the fact that I have homework that I'm not doing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108302 on: October 15, 2016, 01:43:59 pm »

I don't know if this is a sad or a rage, but I'm currently missing a concert that, in other circumstances, I would probably have been playing in.

Why am I missing the concert?

Because I can't stand being reminded of the sheer asshattery of effectively kicking someone out of an orchestra because they're taller than the director thinks they are.  Even if the person in question was considering quitting.

I'm thinking this is more of a rage.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #108303 on: October 15, 2016, 02:01:55 pm »

I don't know if this is a sad or a rage, but I'm currently missing a concert that, in other circumstances, I would probably have been playing in.

Why am I missing the concert?

Because I can't stand being reminded of the sheer asshattery of effectively kicking someone out of an orchestra because they're taller than the director thinks they are.  Even if the person in question was considering quitting.

I'm thinking this is more of a rage.

How could that even happen?

Teachdude: "You're this tall."
OrchMusicdude: "No, I'm not."
Teachdude: "Get out!"

??

Edit: Just realized that bands have concerts too.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108304 on: October 15, 2016, 02:12:53 pm »

@Dozebôm:
More like
Director:"Your stand is too tall you cannot see" *shoves stand all the way down to lowest height*
Player:"No, it isn't, I can't see if it's that low!" *raises stand*
(repeat ad nauseam)
==weeks later==
Director:*angry email bringing up the issue that the player thought was done with again, with blatant falsehoods, what the player can only assume are veiled threats, and a strong indication that the player is not wanted, complete with a cc to the player's academic advisor because obviously this has somehow escalated to extreme levels I don't even know.*
Player:*point-by-point rebuttal, followed by the assumption that they aren't welcome.*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #108305 on: October 15, 2016, 02:18:22 pm »

That's fricking insane. Can't the student figure out for himself if he can see something? Mad, I tell you, that teacher is just mad.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108306 on: October 15, 2016, 02:19:48 pm »

That's fricking insane. Can't the student figure out for himself if he can see something? Mad, I tell you, that teacher is just mad.
E x a c t l y.
Sigtext

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #108307 on: October 15, 2016, 02:26:31 pm »

not all teachers are intelligent and considerate.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108308 on: October 15, 2016, 02:30:47 pm »

No, but when they want to make it impossible for you to participate in the class, and will escalate to administrative levels before taking no for an answer, are they teaching anymore, or just trying to win?

Either way, they spoiled this concert for me, and I am sad.  Angry, but ultimately sad.
Sigtext

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #108309 on: October 15, 2016, 03:06:58 pm »

Not everybody donates to charity, but that doesn't make theft okay.

Oh hey! I have my own share of awful teacher stories.

Spoiler: monkey hands (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: another sub (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108310 on: October 15, 2016, 04:05:00 pm »

*hugs Dozebôm*

Sigtext

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #108311 on: October 15, 2016, 05:13:02 pm »

To an extent, I can understand why they did that. For early education, teaching you too much can lead to some confusion that can't be remedied until later years. I mean, they clarified with "in fourth grade math", so I kind of get where they're coming from.

I think that the teacher just wanted to keep the class coordinated, but they definitely should have said something like "squares are rectangles, but let's keep it simple for now".
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 05:53:11 pm by Calidovi »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #108312 on: October 15, 2016, 05:39:24 pm »

But that punishes you for going above-and-beyond. If I were a teacher, I'd take either answer.

Edit: I'm referring to Cal's thing above, which either punishes you for going above, or just prevents you from doing so.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 05:44:02 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108313 on: October 15, 2016, 05:41:27 pm »

But that punishes you for going above-and-beyond. If I were a teacher, I'd take either answer.
Aye.
Sigtext

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #108314 on: October 15, 2016, 05:53:58 pm »

but they definitely should have said something like "squares are rectangles, but let's keep it simple for now".

Was just playing devil's advocate there. It was still a dumb move, but backed with a somewhat reasonable intenntion.

Pages: 1 ... 7219 7220 [7221] 7222 7223 ... 8168