Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7138 7139 [7140] 7141 7142 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465761 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107085 on: August 27, 2016, 01:21:33 pm »

Stuck doing a midnight event at work for a game I have zero interest in and probably won't sell terribly well in my locale due to demographics, but will be a smash hit nationwide.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107086 on: August 27, 2016, 01:49:55 pm »

Just found our porch spider, Valkyrie, fell at some point this morning and busted her abdomen open. I was able to get to her before the ants, and have her cleaned up and posed in a more dignified fashion but it's still a super bummer, didn't even get to leave an egg sac behind like Skarlett did.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #107087 on: August 27, 2016, 02:24:40 pm »

That makes me feel weird. On the one hand, the arachnophobe inside me is screaming and cheering at the same time. On the other hand, people were squicked out when I said my pet rat had died, so I feel sorry for your loss.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #107088 on: August 27, 2016, 02:33:22 pm »

Noooooooo!

You are awesome!

*hugs*

invokes TBF for more hugs

Besides, there's no way you're as awful a person as I am. You have an awful mother, I have a great one that I push to the edge of insanity myself. That means I have to be worst. Plus I have zero responsibility and am only getting A's because of my innate intelligence, not any sort of effort or anything.

...great, now I feel awful. Not your fault, obviously, Caroline. Still - misery loves company, right?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:35:45 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107089 on: August 27, 2016, 03:06:05 pm »

I can offer sympathies but I'm not sure how to respond to an awful mother instead of a wifebeating father, take a cue from spiders and ride around on her back before eating her maybe? No, that wouldn't work, you're probably too large to ride around like that...
That makes me feel weird. On the one hand, the arachnophobe inside me is screaming and cheering at the same time. On the other hand, people were squicked out when I said my pet rat had died, so I feel sorry for your loss.
Rats are adorable little buddies, and I am totally sorry to hear about that too. There isn't much that actually triggers a "yeeuch" reaction from me besides cockroaches after having a house get infested due to someone bringing over a large soup pot and lid for something, opening it, and kinda chuckling when a couple of little roaches came out. "Ha ha, whoops." Yeah, whoops, thanks a lot. I still freak out if I see a little black dot on food that I didn't expect to be there. We got rid of the fuckers finally but yeah, those'll trigger the "fuck it, pass me the flamethrower" response in me.

I was able to get her in an improvised mount so it looks like she's just walking around instead of curled up in an undignified and permanent cringe, arachnophobes look elsewhere: http://imgur.com/gallery/74b5Z but if you are interested in perhaps looking at our little spiderbros differently there are links to the various albums I had of Val and our porch spiders last year.

Mother-in-law was bummed out for me, and herself I think, as she's gotten used to having a spider there in the summer now, but these things happen. It's the main reason I was always excited and nervous when I needed to relocate her web. Rather than have it get walked into accidentally I just used a great big rake to scoop it up so the center remains taut and she doesn't freak out, then I can set the rake down flat and encourage her to scoot off the side and just let her walk up onto my hand for pictures and such.

It's really fun handling them, you can feel them tiptoe around and wobble a bit like a little old lady with a walker. Just like all little old ladies these gals like to hang out on the porch, weave, and eat flies. Though of course you have to be careful when picking them up, not because they'll bite you, well, some little old ladies might, but the spiders wouldn't... no, you have to be careful to not let them fall, and this morning is why.

Glad she didn't fall from me handling her, but man that sucks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107090 on: August 27, 2016, 03:12:21 pm »

[]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:30:09 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107091 on: August 27, 2016, 03:40:09 pm »

I don't deserve anything.
You don't deserve to be hurt, you don't deserve to be mistreated, you don't deserve to be abused, you don't deserve to be anxious, you don't deserve to be depressed, and you certainly don't deserve to be hurt. I really just wish I could offer something that'd help you out, but you have my sympathies. The opportunity to escape it all will eventually come up. Just withstand until it comes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107092 on: August 27, 2016, 06:07:10 pm »

@Caroline, please believe that people see value in you.  Nobody deserves to be treated like that, you are just as good and important as anyone else.  Your mother is wrong. 

I really really really hope you're circumstances change for the better.  Until then, please remember that there are people who think you're great, and worthwhile.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #107093 on: August 27, 2016, 09:58:41 pm »

I hate my life. I can think of multiple reasons why. Some of these reasons I could actually change or improve, if I worked at it.

But I don't. I should start, and I want to start, but I haven't. And I tell myself I'll start tomorrow. I've had moments like this in the past. But I don't start.

I think that's the biggest thing that saddens me about my life. I want to improve, I can clearly see there's issues and problems that I need to change or improve, but I don't really make any effort to start, or keep going.

And now I stayed up past midnight looking at pointless internet shit again. Another thing I try to improve on and regularly fail at. My sleep schedule is complete garbage.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 11:59:24 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #107094 on: August 28, 2016, 12:16:34 am »

@Caroline:
I can't say I know how to help, or that I can help. I don't know. But I do know one thing. There's only one person like you, and that's you. You're awesome. You're a lot more responsible and kind and important than you see. You're not a failure; it sounds like you're being held to a standard of absolute perfection. If you manage to meet that standard at all, or even get close, you're so far from a failure that I'm not even sure what to say. And, you're wrong when you say you don't deserve anything; you deserve better, but right now you're being held back from getting that. There's nothing wrong with you; showing emotion isn't a sign of weakness, trust me when I say it takes more strength to share your emotions that to hide them. You're not an idiot; you seem incredibly intelligent.

I know I'm just some random person on the internet, and I can't know everything about what's going on; I'll never know 1% of what's going on in your life. But...if you smiled at all, or even felt the tiniest bit better from anything I've ever said...then maybe one day all the little bits of happiness and feeling better will eventually add up until you don't remember what it's like to have to worry so much, because you've been so happy for so long.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107095 on: August 28, 2016, 12:38:27 am »

I hate my life. I can think of multiple reasons why. Some of these reasons I could actually change or improve, if I worked at it.

But I don't. I should start, and I want to start, but I haven't. And I tell myself I'll start tomorrow. I've had moments like this in the past. But I don't start.

I think that's the biggest thing that saddens me about my life. I want to improve, I can clearly see there's issues and problems that I need to change or improve, but I don't really make any effort to start, or keep going.

And now I stayed up past midnight looking at pointless internet shit again. Another thing I try to improve on and regularly fail at. My sleep schedule is complete garbage.

Hey, you're admitting and getting through to the core of the problem.  That's a step forward.  Doesn't matter how many times one backslides, simply desiring to move forward is a step in the right direction. 

For slightly more practical advice, don't make the problem entirely your own.  Find people in your life who care, and there more likely than not are people, and ask for help.  It's so much harder to change when you have to do it on your own, and being accountable to others and relying on them for whatever support is needed can make all the difference.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107096 on: August 28, 2016, 02:18:17 am »

@Caroline:
*hugs*

I don't deserve anything.
You don't deserve to be hurt, you don't deserve to be mistreated, you don't deserve to be abused, you don't deserve to be anxious, you don't deserve to be depressed, and you certainly don't deserve to be hurt. I really just wish I could offer something that'd help you out, but you have my sympathies. The opportunity to escape it all will eventually come up. Just withstand until it comes.

I'll write you a PM, but I will tell you now, your mother is completely and utterly wrong about you.

@Caroline:
I can't say I know how to help, or that I can help. I don't know. But I do know one thing. There's only one person like you, and that's you. You're awesome. You're a lot more responsible and kind and important than you see. You're not a failure; it sounds like you're being held to a standard of absolute perfection. If you manage to meet that standard at all, or even get close, you're so far from a failure that I'm not even sure what to say. And, you're wrong when you say you don't deserve anything; you deserve better, but right now you're being held back from getting that. There's nothing wrong with you; showing emotion isn't a sign of weakness, trust me when I say it takes more strength to share your emotions that to hide them. You're not an idiot; you seem incredibly intelligent.

I know I'm just some random person on the internet, and I can't know everything about what's going on; I'll never know 1% of what's going on in your life. But...if you smiled at all, or even felt the tiniest bit better from anything I've ever said...then maybe one day all the little bits of happiness and feeling better will eventually add up until you don't remember what it's like to have to worry so much, because you've been so happy for so long.
...I want to say: This, too.

@Cinder:*hugs, just in case*

@Spehss_:Make a schedule and stick to it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:20:57 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107097 on: August 28, 2016, 03:28:41 am »

I'm incredibly hungry and sitting in front of the TV.
These food ads are killing me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107098 on: August 28, 2016, 07:05:17 am »

I want to play some lovecraftian horror tabletop gaems
But I dont know any people, who will not go WOOO NEEEEEERDDDD, when they would hear tabletop gaems.  :-\

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107099 on: August 28, 2016, 07:13:02 am »

Start a forum game, if you can.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
Pages: 1 ... 7138 7139 [7140] 7141 7142 ... 8167