Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7067 7068 [7069] 7070 7071 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434213 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #106020 on: July 12, 2016, 01:53:05 pm »

Uuuugh. As soon as I solve 1 bug in a program another seems to pop up. I'm making very little to no progress on any little programming project I start.

Come to think of it, this is pretty much a parallel to every other hobby or project I've ever tried to take up. Except this is something I'm supposedly supposed to be "good" at because "muh college education".
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106021 on: July 12, 2016, 02:01:40 pm »

Well yes, as you add code, you add bugs.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106022 on: July 12, 2016, 04:21:47 pm »

80% of programming is to fix the new bugs that you just put in, can confirm. If you somehow manage to make a flawless and working piece of code in the first go, you're either extremely lucky, magical or both. :v

Also nnnnnnngh it frustrates me intensely that my (f)artistic abilities in meatspace don't match up to those in my head, because my head just kind of spawns all kinds of awesome imagery out of nowhere, but when i finally work up the courage to try making one of them, it just looks like a shitstain on toilet paper in comparison. I know it's just a matter of putting in time and effort to sculpt this shitstain into something actually cool, but for some annoying reason, i quickly get discouraged when i see how terrible the initial stages look. I really need to work on my patience. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106023 on: July 12, 2016, 04:24:21 pm »

@Shook:That's part of my frustration with arting...  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #106024 on: July 12, 2016, 04:32:24 pm »

I remember seeing a comic about making art.

"Every drawing is a battle against myself. You only see the times I win."

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #106025 on: July 12, 2016, 06:12:27 pm »

Sounds about right, and i'm not sure if it's comforting or saddening (perhaps a bit of both). If you consider the several hundreds of silly artings/doodles i've made, and then also consider that i usually don't bother trying to draw something if i believe i'll fail at it (and factor in that i'm not very confident in my abilities), then you kind of get an idea of how exactly how much stuff my brain generates. I can assure you, it's no small amount. :v

I see. Well, as much as i may bemoan the eternal frustration, i can safely say that it is well worth the effort, even with a mind clouded by sleep deprivation. I know this'll sound cheesy as hell, but the times where i'm in that delicious artistic trance are among the few times where i completely forget all my worries (and the few ailments that follow me around), and for a nervous guy like me, that is absolutely golden. It takes the same kind of concentration as a Dark Souls boss fight, but with MUCH less pressure involved, since there's no large baddie feverishly trying to murder my face to death.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106026 on: July 12, 2016, 06:33:31 pm »

I guess this is a good moment to say that ngh. Art. The magic of me taking art classes is wearing out, and now it's shit again.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106027 on: July 12, 2016, 06:40:24 pm »

80% of programming is to fix the new bugs that you just put in, can confirm. If you somehow manage to make a flawless and working piece of code in the first go, you're either extremely lucky, magical or both. :v
No, it just means it's gonna break like 4 months later in some asinine way.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106028 on: July 12, 2016, 07:02:07 pm »

I guess this is a good moment to say that ngh. Art. The magic of me taking art classes is wearing out, and now it's shit again.
Yeah, gotta love the feeling of something you enjoyed becoming stale. Sorry I can't really offer any help related to that.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #106029 on: July 12, 2016, 09:48:40 pm »

Steam just ruined the fuck out of animu night.
The chat threw me out for half the show without any indication anything was wrong
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106030 on: July 12, 2016, 11:08:28 pm »

Is anybody else sick and tired of the phrase "shitpost"? It might just be me but it feels like GD just kind of started to go downhill around the time that word started popping up.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106031 on: July 13, 2016, 12:25:23 am »

*hugpats everyone, especially Cinder*

Is anybody else sick and tired of the phrase "shitpost"? It might just be me but it feels like GD just kind of started to go downhill around the time that word started popping up.
I agree, any time someone says it, it soujds like the discussion quality lowers a level...
Sigtext

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #106032 on: July 13, 2016, 12:49:05 am »

I agree that things are seeming worse in the bays. This saddens me. Sads for the sad god, nostalgia for the nostalgia throne.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106033 on: July 13, 2016, 12:53:29 am »

Also nnnnnnngh it frustrates me intensely that my (f)artistic abilities in meatspace don't match up to those in my head, because my head just kind of spawns all kinds of awesome imagery out of nowhere, but when i finally work up the courage to try making one of them, it just looks like a shitstain on toilet paper in comparison. I know it's just a matter of putting in time and effort to sculpt this shitstain into something actually cool, but for some annoying reason, i quickly get discouraged when i see how terrible the initial stages look. I really need to work on my patience. :I
There is now a mind-machine interface that can transmit signals between two people, you may start researching that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106034 on: July 13, 2016, 12:59:38 am »

I agree that things are seeming worse in the bays. This saddens me. Sads for the sad god, nostalgia for the nostalgia throne.
Congratulations, you're now a regular. Come join us next Saturday as we discuss how stupid those newbies are and how they're ruining our boards with low quality RTDs and uninnovative DF stories.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 7067 7068 [7069] 7070 7071 ... 8167