Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7065 7066 [7067] 7068 7069 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442991 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105990 on: July 11, 2016, 05:12:12 pm »

...Good point.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105991 on: July 11, 2016, 07:23:36 pm »

I AM CAPTAIN OVERSHARE AND I HAVE COME TO INFORM YOU THAT MY POOP WAS DECENT TODAY

But hey, that's just a way for my broken sense of self-worth to cry out for attention. Either that, or i'm too shameless to care about it, which is fairly unusual given how anxious i am about being negatively judged. :v

More seriously, while i am excited for folk high school, i'm also fearing how much of a problem my bowels might be, especially regarding the field trips that'll happen. Intranational trips aren't too bad, international is much worse. We all know that foreign bacteria can do funny things to your bowels, and honestly i'm not sure how well i'd be able to keep my head cool if i got hit by the classic travellers diarrhea, because last time was before that nasty round of food poisoning. I've been extremely wary of diarrhea since then, because the first symptom that heralded a Bad TimeTM? Yep, diarrhea. To make matters worse, i feel like i'm slowly developing some form of bacteriophobia, which is a VERY NICE combo when i'm already a confirmed hypochondriac. Good grief. I kind of hope i'll be too busy to think about this when i actually get there. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #105992 on: July 11, 2016, 07:27:35 pm »

On the topic of people saying you're selfish when you're not actually being selfish: I feel you, bro. When I try to help people, they get upset, but when I don't, they don't like that either.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105993 on: July 11, 2016, 07:43:23 pm »

I AM CAPTAIN OVERSHARE AND I HAVE COME TO INFORM YOU THAT MY POOP WAS DECENT TODAY

But hey, that's just a way for my broken sense of self-worth to cry out for attention. Either that, or i'm too shameless to care about it, which is fairly unusual given how anxious i am about being negatively judged. :v
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense does it?  Wanting attention, and fearing attention.
I think we're in a similar boat, and that's a bit comforting.  Thanks.

More seriously, while i am excited for folk high school, i'm also fearing how much of a problem my bowels might be, especially regarding the field trips that'll happen. Intranational trips aren't too bad, international is much worse. We all know that foreign bacteria can do funny things to your bowels, and honestly i'm not sure how well i'd be able to keep my head cool if i got hit by the classic travellers diarrhea, because last time was before that nasty round of food poisoning. I've been extremely wary of diarrhea since then, because the first symptom that heralded a Bad TimeTM? Yep, diarrhea. To make matters worse, i feel like i'm slowly developing some form of bacteriophobia, which is a VERY NICE combo when i'm already a confirmed hypochondriac. Good grief. I kind of hope i'll be too busy to think about this when i actually get there. >.>
Oh you weren't kidding about the bowels!  Okay.
Protip:  Everyone poops.  Some people poop a lot (I know a couple), and in my experience I stopped caring pretty quick.  It's a little funny at first, then... chaff.  Something I don't care to think about.
Everyone has problems.  Likeability (which you have) trumps all but the worst.
And if someone does pick on you for having a problem...  Not only are they an asshole, but you can turn that desperate predation around on them.  By being the victim (if anyone even dares victimize such a thing) you are far more sympathetic.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105994 on: July 11, 2016, 08:15:44 pm »

I honestly didn't see any of the shockspammer's images, except the top of what I assume was a disembowelled woman, but I obviously didn't check and just reported the shockspammer's new username on the spamwatch thread for people to block.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105995 on: July 11, 2016, 08:16:50 pm »

Protip:  Everyone poops.

A piece of wisdom perhaps best delivered by the Black Eyed Peas.
I have nothing useful to contribute to this conversation.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105996 on: July 11, 2016, 08:20:44 pm »

I have nothing useful to contribute to this conversation.
Haha then why did you join the conversation?  Thanks for nothing, loser!
(Do you see how I look like an asshole?  Now imagine I was criticizing something Solifuge had no physical control over)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105997 on: July 11, 2016, 08:26:48 pm »

I honestly didn't see any of the shockspammer's images, except the top of what I assume was a disembowelled woman, but I obviously didn't check and just reported the shockspammer's new username on the spamwatch thread for people to block.
Hold up, what the f hell happened?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105998 on: July 11, 2016, 08:30:08 pm »

Someone was spamming shock images to the board because it was a douche going, "hey watch me stir the hornet's nest," on a different board.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105999 on: July 11, 2016, 08:32:57 pm »

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense does it?  Wanting attention, and fearing attention.
I think we're in a similar boat, and that's a bit comforting.  Thanks.
Heh, you're welcome. It's a hella weird thing, and in my case it probably stems from a conflict between who i want to be and who i currently am. I want to be known and respected as much as the next guy (hell, i sometimes think about what it'd be like to be the host of some TV show), but at the same time, i'm extremely uncomfortable about letting people look at what i do and like, which most certainly stems from bad experiences in school. I think, perhaps, that we (or at least I) want attention, but fear that it'll turn negative and spiral out of control in the event of the slightest goddamn misstep.

Oh you weren't kidding about the bowels!  Okay.
Protip:  Everyone poops.  Some people poop a lot (I know a couple), and in my experience I stopped caring pretty quick.  It's a little funny at first, then... chaff.  Something I don't care to think about.
Everyone has problems.  Likeability (which you have) trumps all but the worst.
And if someone does pick on you for having a problem...  Not only are they an asshole, but you can turn that desperate predation around on them.  By being the victim (if anyone even dares victimize such a thing) you are far more sympathetic.
I was semi-kidding about the poop (my actual poopings are surprisingly normal for the most part), but i can only wish that i was kidding about my bowels. There are worse conditions, for sure, but i can't claim to enjoy being afflicted by bowel discomfort and mild nausea on a near-daily basis. Ain't got nothing to do but take it in stride though (... and try to avoid the things that aggravate the condition), because as far as i know, it's not going away any time soon. Who knows though, i lost my asthma (which most definitely was not a misdiagnosis, i had a conveniently timed asthma attack on the exact same day that i was going to the hospital for some asthma-related thing, and that was some legit "peak expiratory flow reduced to 35% of normal" shit), so maybe i'll lose this along the road as well. :v

Also, i'm not ashamed of having irritable bowels (or haemorrhoids for that matter), i just realize that people generally don't want to know and that there's no real reason for me to give specific details, even if i may be tempted. As you say, if people decide to give me hate for having these conditions, well, they forget that i deal with a bothersome asshole on a daily basis. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106000 on: July 11, 2016, 09:40:17 pm »

Shook, you are a nice dude.  You got this.  Even though I'm really not sure which this you've got, you got it.  ;P

Also, waitwaitwait, we have a spamwatch thread?

When did that happen?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106001 on: July 11, 2016, 10:58:46 pm »

There was an image spammer last year who came back whenever Toady went to bed, so we spent a few pages arguing about why poh should be appointed community moderator.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #106002 on: July 12, 2016, 12:28:20 am »

I don't know whose idea that was, but IIRC it was pretty well received. Maybe we should bring it back up considering the higher-than-usual load of spambots Toady has had to deal with lately.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106003 on: July 12, 2016, 12:47:17 am »

I'd still support that.  There really should be *some* extra moderators, it's crazy to expect Toady to do it all.
She/they

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106004 on: July 12, 2016, 04:01:21 am »

I remember a couple of people being super enthusiastic and everybody else either not caring or saying the opposite :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 7065 7066 [7067] 7068 7069 ... 8167