Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7064 7065 [7066] 7067 7068 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436790 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105975 on: July 10, 2016, 12:00:53 pm »

It's raining, it's very cold despite being the middle of summer... my joints hurt and there's nothing at all to do at work today.  I've been sitting in a shop, by myself with no one calling, coming in or even driving by for 6 hours now.  Which of course gives me time to reflect on life... and today is pretty much my entire social, school and future prospects summarized in a few hours.  What's worse, is this is the best job in my tiny little town I live in that I could possibly get and I still can't afford a car or save enough to then move to a city where I might actually meet someone my own age or god forbid make it so my two years at university don't continue to be a total waste of resources and time like they have been the last few years after I was forced to drop out.

I wanna find the people who said 'life gets better after high-school' and strangle them.
Nom nom nom

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #105976 on: July 10, 2016, 12:11:39 pm »

I haven't been able to enjoy a game of Mafia on this forum for years because of that, and how some people use "it's a strategy" as an excuse to bully or personally attack people. In my opinion, there's no excuse for it, it's poor sportsmanship in general, and it damaged what used to be a fun and thriving subforum. And that makes me pretty bummed.
Mmph :/ yeah. That almost got to me until I noticed it was only because of a single individual or something.

Maybe head back one of these days--the games are pretty good! :3

I just noticed a particular email I thought I sent weeks ago (it was weeks late due to many RL reasons >_<) wasn't sent!
...Hope that the receiver will see it one day :-\
...Said receiver is one of the closest people I've met, or technically I can be with \o/
Hope they're ok and have been ok...

Dozebôm Lolumzalės

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #105977 on: July 10, 2016, 12:56:07 pm »

My pet rat, Petunia, just died at 1.5 years. What's especially sad is that I had been spending less time with her a few months ago, and one month ago, just before I left on vacation, I decided that I would spend more time with her after the vacation, as she was getting old. Carpe diem, Dozebom-of-one-month-ago. The sads strike Dozebom in the heart, breaking it.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #105978 on: July 10, 2016, 11:26:40 pm »

I haven't programmed for a couple months. I'm worried I'll start losing my skills D:

(main problem being I don't have the motivation to make something)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105979 on: July 10, 2016, 11:55:54 pm »

I haven't been able to enjoy a game of Mafia on this forum for years because of that, and how some people use "it's a strategy" as an excuse to bully or personally attack people. In my opinion, there's no excuse for it, it's poor sportsmanship in general, and it damaged what used to be a fun and thriving subforum. And that makes me pretty bummed.
Mmph :/ yeah. That almost got to me until I noticed it was only because of a single individual or something.

The fact that sort of shit is tolerated kind of make Mafia board players jerks by association.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105980 on: July 11, 2016, 12:21:25 am »

Bad day. Too much sad/mad. Where to start?

Basically told one of the managers at work to fuck off because they're getting on my last nerves. They deserved it, but now I'm going to have to have another talk with my boss about my interactions with others. At least this time it was more than someone inventing drama.

Made it home and only wanted to take a shower and curl up in bed with my DS,  but my dad had to start bitching about having to feed the animals when I leave early for work. This takes 5 minutes of his time and he literally just sits around the house all day. I have a job. I go to college. I have a tiny social life.

This all led to a fight that was essentially him telling me I'm a selfish bitch that makes everything about me. I'm actually selfless to a fault which has caused me suffering. But nevertheless his words hit me where it hurts.

So here I am, awake long past when I should have been asleep hating myself and him. With all of the other shit going on in my life lately, I need to get some damn sleep before I go insane.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #105981 on: July 11, 2016, 08:50:54 am »

The fact that sort of shit is tolerated kind of make Mafia board players jerks by association.

Yehp, we're all pricks for being tolerant and allowing someone with an unorthodox, abrasive play style to continue playing the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105982 on: July 11, 2016, 08:58:27 am »

Yehp, we're all pricks for being tolerant and allowing someone with an unorthodox, abrasive play style to continue playing the game.
1. In the most recent game, roo attempted to join and was met with a poll to decide if he could. Has that ever been done before?
2. I could start faking RL excuses to justify activity lows, and justify it as an "unorthodox playstyle". Except it's cheesy and would get me yelled at so hard. What makes him exempt?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #105983 on: July 11, 2016, 09:43:05 am »

You said it yourself, the play style doesn't last long in a game, mostly because people can't look past petty insults.

Roo exited that game as soon as the GM voiced reservations about his presence, and there was a bit of a telling off from the more experienced players about starting that poll rather than saying no.

Unless either of you are going to take this to the banter thread, you should probably keep shtum. It's a somewhat dickish move to be "talking behind someone's back" when that person can read what you're saying, and you're assuming because he's an ass in the game that he's an ass outside the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105984 on: July 11, 2016, 12:02:54 pm »

*hugs everybody, shooshes the Mafia discussion*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105985 on: July 11, 2016, 04:19:01 pm »

I really, really regret not signing up earlier. I feel like I've missed out on so much history here, especially because I've been casually lurking since the days of the first post 40d release.

To be honest, shockspammer was also a pretty huge influence in driving me away. I really regret letting him get to me.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105986 on: July 11, 2016, 04:26:57 pm »

Aw...

*hugpats*

Well, it's good to see you now!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105987 on: July 11, 2016, 04:58:12 pm »

I really, really regret not signing up earlier. I feel like I've missed out on so much history here, especially because I've been casually lurking since the days of the first post 40d release.

To be honest, shockspammer was also a pretty huge influence in driving me away. I really regret letting him get to me.
... Jeez, wasn't that like two years ago?  Shockspammer I mean, with the bloody penises and stuff.
I created my account pretty early on to post about DF stuff.  It was only ~3 years ago that I started paying attention to these lower boards.

I kinda regret ever touching these emotion threads.  Should have stuck with game discussion, forum games, and the occasional debate.  The impulse to overshare is too high.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105988 on: July 11, 2016, 05:02:38 pm »

Rolan:You can always edit it away.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:12:22 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105989 on: July 11, 2016, 05:04:19 pm »

It's always a lot safer to go on the assumption once it's out there, it's out there.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 7064 7065 [7066] 7067 7068 ... 8167