Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7000 7001 [7002] 7003 7004 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430271 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105015 on: May 21, 2016, 06:42:11 pm »

Well, the alternative is to violently vomit AND shit at the same time due to poisoning, which raises the conundrum of which end you point towards the toilet, and oh my word that is not nice at all (can best be described as vomiting 3 times and retching 800 times in an attempt to call Nurgle to our world, all while shitting out burning waves of Khorne's fury from the recently opened warp rift that is your sphincter). In any case, that sucks, i really hope that's the end of it and that you feel better now. :<
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105016 on: May 21, 2016, 06:51:24 pm »

Nah, worse than that is the same thing, but due to kidney stones instead. Basically the same event, except there's also literally blinding pain. Poisoning can be pretty bad, but it's not quite the same, heh.

Not sure if feeling better, but at least not feeling worse and the urge to have another go at it is still mostly managing to hold off, so... it's something. May it continue to hold off. And thanks for the well wishes, yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105017 on: May 21, 2016, 06:59:58 pm »

I really hate job hunting. Work and look for more work and then some more. Shit.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105018 on: May 21, 2016, 07:16:48 pm »

A program i used to use and like suddenly asked me to update.
I let it autoupdate and the bastard piece of code downloaded malware for my trouble.

After much swearing i uninstalled it and tried to remove the adware with spybot and windows defender.
Both did exacly squat.
I found a tutorial and removed the adware from win32 (i reset after it and the PC still runs so i didn't brick the PC) but i still had to delete my chrome profile.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105019 on: May 21, 2016, 07:18:49 pm »

Yikes.

Which one, so we know?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105020 on: May 21, 2016, 07:51:06 pm »

This thing.
http://www.ytddownloader.com/

When i first started using it a year or so ago it was freeware and clean.
Then they went premium and restricted some features for paid users but it was still ok.

But the most recent update caused my antivirus to light up like a christmas tree but even then it didn't completely stop the "update" and "GreatDeals" infected my browser anyway.
And so i had banners EVERYWHERE.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fun times.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105021 on: May 21, 2016, 07:54:28 pm »

Oh geez killitnow.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105022 on: May 21, 2016, 08:40:44 pm »

Well, the alternative is to violently vomit AND shit at the same time due to poisoning, which raises the conundrum of which end you point towards the toilet, and oh my word that is not nice at all (can best be described as vomiting 3 times and retching 800 times in an attempt to call Nurgle to our world, all while shitting out burning waves of Khorne's fury from the recently opened warp rift that is your sphincter). In any case, that sucks, i really hope that's the end of it and that you feel better now. :<
Sit ont he toilet with a bowl/bucket in front of your face.
Aye.  Or a trash can.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105023 on: May 21, 2016, 09:06:27 pm »

My great-grandmother just died an hour or two ago. She was just short of 100, so it wasn't a big surprise, but it's still sad. I was hoping to get a chance to see her one last time this summer, but she lives ~2000 miles away.

And now I'm out of great-grandparents, which is also sad.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105024 on: May 21, 2016, 09:07:42 pm »

*hugs*

My condolences.
Sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105025 on: May 21, 2016, 09:34:06 pm »

Want to try and code a roguelike. Want to use curses. Need to set up curses to be used. No idea how. I thought it'd be as simple as including header files but apparently not. Apparently I need to link it or something in the compiler. I think. Maybe? I don't know. I don't know what to do to get it to work.

What the hell am I thinking choosing computer science as a major. I know almost jack shit about actually writing actually useful applicable programs in the real world. I know next to nothing about compilers, or IDEs, or anything like that. And I can't seem to find any information online because I have no idea what to search for or where to look or what I'm doing wrong. Or the information I do find I just don't understand.

Extremely discouraged. Not getting anywhere. Realizing I know very little about something I thought I was competent at.

This is probably such a little thing to post about in this thread, especially since I could probably just go ask about this issue in the programming thread. But this is getting me down. Making me think I'm wasting my life.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105026 on: May 21, 2016, 09:45:35 pm »

Do you know what you're trying to do?

Just plug it into Google, or search on Stackoverflow.

Nobody knows all that much about writing real-world programs going into CS majors.

And I think you know more than you think.  But yeah, Programming Help thread.

Also, *hugs*

Some google for you: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/465739-roguelike--curses/

Python: http://gnosis.cx/publish/programming/charming_python_6.html

But seriously, just search 'set up "curses" lang_of_choice".
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 09:53:39 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105027 on: May 21, 2016, 10:43:14 pm »

Do you know what you're trying to do?
Did my initial post not make it obvious that no I don't know what I'm trying to do? All I know is the thing isn't working despite the fact that I downloaded the pre-compiled pdcursesdllw.zip file w/ the c++ header files and used the correct pathing in the #include statement. Unlike past header files or the standard c++ libraries I've worked with, the incredibly basic program I wrote to test the most basic functions of pdcurses does not recognize the functions as functions despite #including the header files which contain the functions I'm trying to use. Current "what I'm trying to do" objective is "fix this shit so it works" but because I don't know why it isn't working, I don't know exactly what I should "try to do".

Not that the programming even matters at this point, I'm just mad now about how I'm never making progress at any hobbies or creative endeavors I try to do. All my life I've jumped from hobby to hobby without ever sticking with anything for too long so that I'm mediocre at lots of things and good at none of them. And instead of finding one hobby I really enjoy and like to do, I have a bunch of diverse hobbies that I've picked up over the years, all of which require too diverse skill sets to really apply any one skill to another, and feel like I should be good at at least some of them, but don't have the time or motivation or dedication to get good at any of them. And because I'm not good at any of them, I hate doing them. And because I hate them, I don't do them, and because I don't do them, I don't improve, and because I don't improve I don't get good at them and hate them but I want to be good at them all and hate myself for not being good at them so I try a bit to get good at them and get no where and get mad and the cycle repeats.

tl:dr; I'm a mediocre shit that's shit at everything he's ever tried to do and I really loathe my failure of a life.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #105028 on: May 21, 2016, 10:46:33 pm »

Ate nothing but a handful of strawberries in the past 24 hours, and I can't make anything because everything in my house takes 30 minutes to make and I gotta be up and ready for work in 5 hours.

And my mom got upset when I asked how much longer she was gonna watch TV in my room so she could open my door when she's done because it gets really hot in my room
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105029 on: May 21, 2016, 10:52:50 pm »

@Spehss_:
Just to make sure:
https://jdonaldmccarthy.wordpress.com/2014/09/05/how-to-set-up-pdcurses-in-visual-studio-2013-c/

May be outdated.

@highmax:Wow that really, really sucks.

@both: *hugs*
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7000 7001 [7002] 7003 7004 ... 8167