Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6995 6996 [6997] 6998 6999 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435273 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104940 on: May 15, 2016, 12:24:14 am »

:(
-snip-
Ugh.... You're right. As always. I really am overreacting. I just.... I'll PM you again.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #104941 on: May 15, 2016, 04:53:15 am »

Blergh, some idiot dialed the wrong number (mine) and woke me up at seven thirty this morning (with a literal, get out of the bed, followed by my, what?? and then they hung up). I was hoping to get some sleep in today since it's Sunday and I haven't been sleeping too well for the past week, but nope, gotta get woken up early as fuck and now as a result of that the day is taking forever. It's barely noon and I want to clock in and call it done right now :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104942 on: May 15, 2016, 05:05:31 am »

Blergh, some idiot dialed the wrong number (mine) and woke me up at seven thirty this morning (with a literal, get out of the bed, followed by my, what?? and then they hung up)
I like how they didn't even apologise
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104943 on: May 15, 2016, 06:03:32 pm »

Another day, another hour long survey attached to an application, so they can waste even more of my time before not even considering hiring me.

If it isn't me throwing job applications and resumes into the black hole that is the modern job market, its my dad bitching me every day because I don't have a job yet.

The best part is him telling if I don't get one now for the summer, it will be harder later.  Because there is something harder that Impossible, right?

Just let my car get plowed by a bus while on en route to my interview tomorrow.  They just want to waste three more hours, and not actually give me a job anyway.  Just like the 30-40 other places I've had to deal with in the past month.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104944 on: May 15, 2016, 07:24:53 pm »

Job hunting is basically existential torture, yeah
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #104945 on: May 15, 2016, 07:59:29 pm »

Yeah, it is.

I'm not too worried about my prospects for a job. I'm worried about it being some shit with limited possibilities.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104946 on: May 15, 2016, 09:12:42 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104947 on: May 16, 2016, 03:55:07 pm »

Finally got around to calling vets in the area. Attainable options end up being spending ~half my liquid monetary resources* for a checkup (and, let's be realistic, probably more than I've got for actual treatment), or hoping the cat gets better on its own. Considering the worrying area now appears to be oozing pus/miscellaneous other fluids and is thus probably infected... well. I guess it's better than it just continuing to swell up? We have had a few other cats survive at least superficially similar issues, so maybe in a month or two the friendly black cat will still be alive :-\

*Which, to be fair, is... not much at the moment. Best price was about 4/5ths what I was changed for a human doctor checkup, so it's reasonable, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104948 on: May 16, 2016, 04:09:15 pm »

Why does it seem like everytime I'm nice to people they just fuck me over? Seriously, I'm tired of this
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #104949 on: May 16, 2016, 04:25:11 pm »

Some people also care. Some people avoid fucking other people over when possible, because they value the well-being of others even when it doesn't lead to any benefits for themselves. I might be one of those people? I'm sure those people have some people near your people doing peopleythings. People people purple people.

(These people didn't listen to Ayn Rand, shame on them good for them.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:26:46 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #104950 on: May 16, 2016, 04:26:23 pm »

If it helps any, that's at least partially just due to how human brains are wired. The seeming part, anyway -- we notice and remember negative events notably more easily than we do positive ones. Just another one of those ways our neurochemistry maladapted to modern issues, really. Also one of the reasons news reporting is mostly like it is.

... not saying you don't have people fucking you over, mind. Just that it may be harder to remember, notice, or particularly value the ones that aren't.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104951 on: May 16, 2016, 07:09:03 pm »

*hugs all the people*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #104952 on: May 16, 2016, 07:16:06 pm »

Been tired all day. Been getting enough sleep, I think, so I doubt I have any real good reason to be tired. Not very interested in any hobbies, not having any fun. Been irritable all day.

Probably depressed. I'm sure I've been depressed for a while now but college kept me busy enough to not notice. Now I have more free time I can realize that there's really nothing that I like to do with my life.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104953 on: May 16, 2016, 08:31:17 pm »

I have an essay due tomorrow and it's 10:30. I must now pull it out of my ass and email it to said teacher before I collapse from exhaustion.
...FLÄSHYN.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #104954 on: May 16, 2016, 08:35:30 pm »

It's 3:30 AM, I wake up in 2 hours, I'm still a retard and just posting to make myself better for a while because maybe some randoms on internet care enough to pretend to care.
asdfs
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 6995 6996 [6997] 6998 6999 ... 8167