Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6970 6971 [6972] 6973 6974 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453423 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104565 on: April 27, 2016, 06:41:33 pm »

Iunno, to be honest it sounds like I'd like to get a piece of the action :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #104566 on: April 27, 2016, 06:49:55 pm »

Iunno, to be honest it sounds like I'd like to get a piece of the action :P
Iunno, to be honest it sounds like you could get every known STDs just from a nibble of the action.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104567 on: April 27, 2016, 06:51:03 pm »

Prolly worth it. Also, condoms are a thing.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #104568 on: April 27, 2016, 07:54:38 pm »

While eating at a diner with my mother, sister, and grandmother today, my mom introduced me to some random passerby lady she vaguely knows who I've never seen before and doubt I'll ever see again. I sort of glanced at her and said hi and the lady (40s? early 50s?) said hello back and walked out a minute or so later after finishing a conversation with my mom.

Now my mom's being a jerk to me about how "I don't know how to introduce myself to people" and how "I'll never make it in the world", as if saying hi to whats-her-face was some sort of ultimate test of my viability as an adult human being.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104569 on: April 27, 2016, 07:58:12 pm »

(Please don't quote.)
My work e-mailed me today (I don't work on Wednesday) asking for a play-by-play of my day at work so they can tell if I actually did anything because it apparently looked like I hadn't. They've also been telling me I need to work faster for months. I have been working so much harder lately so this really hurt :( I set my phone on airplane mode at work, I don't use the internet, and I work all eight hours of my shift without taking a break (except to pee). I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing differently. I don't dislike the work but if stuff like this is going to keep happening I don't really know what to do.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #104570 on: April 27, 2016, 08:00:50 pm »

I'd urge you to find another job if possible.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104571 on: April 27, 2016, 08:02:14 pm »

* TheBiggerFish applies hugpats to Caroline.

Wish I could help.  :(

@Tawa: That's just...  What even.  Hope they give up soon.

@quinnr: Did they actually say that?  Yikes...

Maybe you should ask them for their expectations, if you don't know what needs to change.

Or just find another job, I suppose.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104572 on: April 27, 2016, 08:37:50 pm »

I think I'm going to fucking blow up if I have to learn of more human misery that I can't do anything for.

I'm a goddamn dumb kid with hero complex.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104573 on: April 27, 2016, 08:47:12 pm »

I think I'm going to fucking blow up if I have to learn of more human misery that I can't do anything for.

I'm a goddamn dumb kid with hero complex.
So you're going to stop trying to do your part to help people and be one of the millions of people willing to watch people go through agony instead of helping them? So what if you can't help everyone? Just help everyone you can, and be an example. Every moment matters.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104574 on: April 27, 2016, 09:06:13 pm »

To be fair, the part where you said "stop trying to do your part [saving people]" is not exactly feasible in internet format. Help people sure, but do not let it get to your ego (Hero complex, etc). Not everyone needs as much help as others think; maybe just the feeling of being heard is enough.

Also the bolded part sounded like you're obligating Cinder to help people. They're not. It's up to them to decide if they should keep helping or not.

Just know that, due to the fact that everything ties to a condition/is conditional, you may not end up feeling fulfilled even if you attempt to help others, just because things don't seem to go the way you envisioned it. Accept, move on and continue to help. Or quit. Choice is yours.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104575 on: April 27, 2016, 09:12:49 pm »

I don't know what to say to that, Cinder, other than not being able to help gnaws at me too.  But nobody can help everybody and you're doing what you can, which is enough.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104576 on: April 27, 2016, 09:43:38 pm »

I hate closing my eyes. When I do I see...All the things I regret. Every last one of them, all in rapid succession. It's even worse when I try to sleep, because I have several hours to process it all. It doesn't help that certain events and people are always first to pop up and last to go away. :'(
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104577 on: April 28, 2016, 07:31:55 pm »

(This is to some of my friends, not Caroline) Fucking petty drama. No one gives a shit. Calm your face, so what if that guy didn't like you? It's not your fault. You've got a crush on like 4 other people. We don't want to hear how heartbroken you are, especially when you've dated this guy 4 times already. ::)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #104578 on: April 28, 2016, 08:45:27 pm »

(This is to some of my friends, not Caroline) Fucking petty drama. No one gives a shit. Calm your face, so what if that guy didn't like you? It's not your fault. You've got a crush on like 4 other people. We don't want to hear how heartbroken you are, especially when you've dated this guy 4 times already. ::)

The next best thing to having an issue is making one.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104579 on: April 28, 2016, 08:58:49 pm »

@Caroline:Well even if it's safe to ignore, I'm not going to ignore it.

You are growing up, and asserting your independence from your parents is something you should be doing.  You're right to be angry if they're making decisions for you without your consent, or speaking on your behalf without your consent.  Then again, maybe they're actually genuinely worried.  I don't think it's likely, but don't rule it out.

Yeah, college applications are stressful.  Once you've finished though, that's a massive weight off your shoulders.  I wish you the best of luck in that.

I can't really help with the terrible feelings besides offering *hugs*, but I will definitely offer.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6970 6971 [6972] 6973 6974 ... 8167