Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6931 6932 [6933] 6934 6935 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443683 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #103980 on: April 06, 2016, 04:04:01 am »

Gotta love self-righteous hypocrisy.
* Tiruin bops.
Don't judge when the full context ain't known :P Saying stuff like these reinforces the initial perception. There's much not being said in between.

Spoiler: @Kal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:36:37 am by Tiruin »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103981 on: April 06, 2016, 07:11:30 am »

My sad is that Tiruin cut out all that awesome advice. :c
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103982 on: April 06, 2016, 08:25:22 am »

tfw no advice
Well, if they thought the message could be better conveyed in less words, it's fine.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #103983 on: April 06, 2016, 08:29:12 am »

tfw no advice
Well, if they thought the message could be better conveyed in less words, it's fine.
Oh .-. I PM'd it to Kal. But I've re-edited it in in a spoiler because I thought it was messy and more personal.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103984 on: April 06, 2016, 04:02:50 pm »

* TheBiggerFish also hugs Kal.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103985 on: April 06, 2016, 04:03:40 pm »

Mentioned on IRC that people shouldn't say shit about how all republicans are racist or whatever, promptly got pounced on by a good 5 people giving me shit for what I said and arguing with me and accusing me of GOP apologism and accusing me of being racist because I tried to say that being against illegal immigration was not racist.

I am so done with this shit. It seems like I can never talk to anyone on these forums or on IRC without getting to a big fucking argument and then accomplishing nothing during that argument except looking like even more of an asshole for something that I wasn't trying to say or a message that I wasn't trying to give. For example, now for not acknowledging that all republicans are TEH EVULS I am now a GOP apologist who supports white nationalism because I am not well informed enough about the subject to be able to have the correct opinion.

I know I probably shouldn't be talking about other members of the forums like this, but honestly I just want to be able to speak my mind about my experience with the forum recently because I'm getting ready to leave. Again, I know I'm not the best guy ever or even a remotely good guy, but it's pretty bad when people start hating me even more because I have the fucking nerve to express an opinion which is unpopular or that they disagree with. I'm not talking about anyone in particular and I'm not trying to insult anyone by saying these things, I just don't want to stay on these forums if I'm going to keep damaging my reputation in such a way that people hate me for qualities that I don't have. I don't want to keep coming back to a place where people think that I'm an ignorant retard because I once questioned the value of a major in philosophy or because I tried to say that being against illegal immigration usually wasn't that bad. I think it's time that I found my own place, where I can be a scumfuck bastard and people will hate me for who I really am and be honest about it, and where I can say something vaguely negative about this thing or vaguely positive about this other thing and people will listen and understand instead of thinking worse of me for it or thinking something about me that isn't true. I want to look for that place, even if it probably doesn't even exist, I still want to try.

I just feel like I don't belong here, and I should have left a long time ago. Nothing good ever happens when I open my mouth or try to do anything, the Rage thread that was locked forever ago because of something I said is just one good example of that. I'm sorry to anyone on these forums or #Bay12LB who I've ever annoyed or offended or hurt in any way. Thank to everyone on #Bay12LB for helping me when I had problems with suicidal thoughts and whenever I was having trouble with my family. You're all better friends than I deserve.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103986 on: April 06, 2016, 04:10:21 pm »

@IronTomato:

I have no idea what happened, but you do not and have never looked like an asshole in my interactions with you and I hope that 5 people won't sour you on the entire forum.

Also, you're right, not all Republicans are racist, nor is opposing illegal immigration necessarily racist either.

* TheBiggerFish applies hugs on general principle.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:11:57 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103987 on: April 06, 2016, 04:16:24 pm »

I have no idea what happened, but you do not and have never looked like an asshole in my interactions with you and I hope that 5 people won't sour you on the entire forum.
But that's just it, I'm not even remotely mad at those people, I'm just frustrated at myself for saying the thing that caused the thing and I'm angry at nobody in particular because that happens so much on here.

And besides that I also still want to be somewhere where people acknowledge that it's at the very least partially my fault instead of telling me that that isn't true. If it wasn't true it wouldn't cause so many problems.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:23:16 pm by IronTomato »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103988 on: April 06, 2016, 04:31:06 pm »

My strategy is to have a thick skin about such things.  So they jump on anyone who disagrees...  Shame on them, right?  They're just some people on a forum.  It's fun to poke at the echo chambers occasionally, but it's not worth getting upset about.

I mean, no offense, but I don't consider hardly any of you my friends.  Just generally more interesting than strangers (sometimes amazingly so).  So why should I care about being ganged up on, or "losing face"?  I shouldn't, I don't think anyone should (unless they disappoint their actual friends (online or non)).

I *have* let myself get riled up by forum stuff, but that was more from a perverse, mostly-restrained love of conflict and drama.
Fakedit:  Perhaps you understand that, a bit.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103989 on: April 06, 2016, 06:06:54 pm »

NO :'(

the big accounts that *actually* upload rips are still up, too

youtube why

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103990 on: April 06, 2016, 06:11:39 pm »

high quality r.i.p

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103991 on: April 06, 2016, 07:05:16 pm »

I've written a long post but it got eaten. The gist is, Bay12 isn't really that much of an open-minded discussion space. People get angry when they see opinions that oppose theirs. Even you get angry when people disagree with you.

I'm really trying not to be harsh, but this will probably sound so. The thing is, people have limitations, and I'm not saying that you aren't allowed to be upset from it, but you should keep in mind that it's neither your fault nor they. If this means fhat you will leave Bay12, then I can't say anything, but it's not going to be much eifferent anywhere else unless you're in a forum populated by extraterrestrials.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #103992 on: April 06, 2016, 07:07:42 pm »

I've written a long post but it got eaten. The gist is, Bay12 isn't really that much of an open-minded discussion space. People get angry when they see opinions that oppose theirs. Even you get angry when people disagree with you.
::)

People ALWAYS get angry about opinions that oppose theirs. Unless they don't care very much about the subject at all.

This is a bit obvious and does not mean this is not an open-minded discussion space.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #103993 on: April 06, 2016, 07:10:30 pm »

We're 40 times better than most other websites, but 40 times bugger all is still bugger all.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #103994 on: April 06, 2016, 07:11:39 pm »

Well, you all seem to act like Bay12 is an echo chamber just because people don't kow-tow to your opinions.

Pages: 1 ... 6931 6932 [6933] 6934 6935 ... 8167