Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6745 6746 [6747] 6748 6749 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430205 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #101191 on: January 25, 2016, 01:17:09 am »

I apparently dread going to bed. It seems I expect to not be able to get to sleep at my first attempt, so don't actually try anymore. Perhaps the stress of wanting to get up at a particular (arguably ambitious, for me) time also causes stress, especially when I know I won't get the "recommended" 8 hours.

Uncertain of the accuracy of such things, but I do have a sleep tracker thing which tells me how much "restful" sleep I get. Though I don't know how much "restful" sleep I'm s'posed to get, consistently less than 2.5 hours seems to be too little.

*sigh*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #101192 on: January 25, 2016, 01:23:27 am »

IIRC seven is fine for a lot of people and many can deal with just six. Less than that isn't great though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #101193 on: January 25, 2016, 01:29:47 am »

I tend to wake up tired regardless how much I get. I do know 6 or less is quite bad for me.

I should clarify however that the restful sleep is part of just sleeping normally. The past few days I've had between 7.5 - 8 hrs total sleep, and around about 2.25 hrs of that is "restful", with the rest being "light".

I have no idea if there's a correlation.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #101194 on: January 25, 2016, 02:03:01 am »

Why does nobody respond to my posts, ever

I've been looking for help all weekend, and nobody cares
sorry, man, didn't know you wanted help

figured you were venting

take the time you've got left and spend it on productive things. switch off your computer until you've done something relevant, unless it's all computer-related stuff, in which case i have no advice and only sympathy
its already too late, but maybe i really should do that except some of it is computer stuff and the part that isn't homework is entirely computer stuff

You can PM me if you'd like to chat about something. I'm sure other people would be happy to as well.
I don't know how helpful I'll be, but you can PM me too if you want.
Mostly because we get distracted with politics and Yoink disliking said politics.

You can PM me if you'd like to chat about something. I'm sure other people would be happy to as well.
Thanks

Spessh: sorry

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #101195 on: January 25, 2016, 02:07:37 am »

I tend to wake up tired regardless how much I get.

I get that too. The doctor thinks I may have sleep apnea. I'm gonna need to get tested for it. He said that I can probably get the sleep tests done at home; I just hope that that doesn't entail a technician coming in to set up the equipment because I have a bit of a hoarding problem and my room is a mess.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101196 on: January 25, 2016, 08:09:21 am »

But there are people going through worse, far worse, so what gives me the right to seek help when there are people out there who need it more than me?
Help isn't a zero-sum game; you getting help doesn't mean someone else has to miss out. You have every right to ask for something you need.

Why does nobody respond to my posts, ever

I've been looking for help all weekend, and nobody cares

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101197 on: January 25, 2016, 09:55:45 am »

Welp. Feel my existance pretty pointless, just existing for sake of existing. :-\

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101198 on: January 25, 2016, 10:51:19 am »

Nothing like being sick for exams!

I'd be less upset if this hadn't also happened last year, as well as the year before.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #101199 on: January 25, 2016, 12:00:04 pm »

Nothing like being sick for exams!
I know, right?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #101200 on: January 25, 2016, 12:10:45 pm »

Whoops, I rear-ended someone due to ice, and apparently it was a crit on my van.
The other guy got a quarter sized dent... My van got $7500 in damage. Rip van.

Also I've either been mildly hallucinating, or my house is haunted.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #101201 on: January 25, 2016, 12:17:54 pm »

Whoops, I rear-ended someone due to ice, and apparently it was a crit on my van.

shit

that sucks, sorry
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101202 on: January 25, 2016, 12:24:55 pm »

shit

that sucks, sorry
Maybe it's the ghsot of your van?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101203 on: January 25, 2016, 04:30:52 pm »

miauw62
If you ever need someone to talk to, just shoot me a pm. I'm usually lurking around here somewhere. (And this goes for anyone else who needs an empathetic ear.)

This goes for you too and I mean it. I can't promise to always have advice or suggestions for you because I'm still learning how to deal with my own life problems in healthy ways, but I can be there to listen, and yes, care.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101204 on: January 25, 2016, 04:40:31 pm »

I have accomplished almost nothing of value all day.
Pages: 1 ... 6745 6746 [6747] 6748 6749 ... 8167