Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6728 6729 [6730] 6731 6732 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439186 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100935 on: January 19, 2016, 10:50:49 am »

A one night stand? Erotic asphyxiation? Come on, quit teasing ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100936 on: January 19, 2016, 10:55:25 am »

Hahaha nah nah just a marathon gaming session with little sleep.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #100937 on: January 19, 2016, 10:56:57 am »

I'm feeling overwhelmed. Way overwhelmed. Too many goddamn assignments, too many goddamn exams (including one yesterday, for the lab I'm actually in which - whee - I failed miserably), too little time. Think it sounds like I have no life aside from college to stress out about, since I'm not really talking about anything else here? Well, that's because I don't, at the moment. Well, that, and I'm not good at sharing personal sads.

It feels like I got a papercut from an irradiated scientific paper, becoming half-man, half-research, only without the intrinsic competence at the latter part. Fuck.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #100938 on: January 19, 2016, 11:06:45 am »

Didn't fall asleep last night until 4 in the morning. Had to get up at 9:30 to have time for preparing for the first class at 12:00. Got calculus for two hours. I predict we'll immediately get to work on taking notes and getting homework. Because math curriculum ain't got no time for free days.

I was already really sleep deprived and tired before this awful night's sleep. At least I got some sleep, I guess.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #100939 on: January 19, 2016, 11:13:21 am »

Try going sober for a month and see what happens. I did the same thing in December, you can do it too~

Oh, hey, I tried that too! I've had it going for...the last 19 years.

I don't know if it's made me more productive, mind. I wouldn't want to see what I'd be like with an actual alcohol based reason for unproductivity.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:47:21 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #100940 on: January 19, 2016, 11:45:34 am »

Honestly, i have yet to figure out why alcohol is so great. Despite numerous good-natured "threats" of drinking me under the table, nobody has ever successfully done that (partly because i never did have any desire to get shitfaced), and i've only ever drunkpuked once (schnapps + beer, voluntarily). Sure, it makes me less socially inhibited, but that's just about the only good thing about being inebriated. I don't like the constant dizziness, the constant pissing or the creatures that some people turn into when they drink too much. It weirds me the hell out to see how much some people change when they get drunk, because it's like they're suddenly no longer the people i've come to know and like, despite looking like them and speaking with their voices.

All that besides, my grip on reality is already tenuous enough that i shouldn't loosen it any further with mind altering substances. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100941 on: January 19, 2016, 12:08:35 pm »

It weirds me the hell out to see how much some people change when they get drunk, because it's like they're suddenly no longer the people i've come to know and like, despite looking like them and speaking with their voices.
Drunk man's words, sober man's thoughts. Most people I know have the same reaction to alcohol as I do (outwardly anyway), which is just being slow and stupid.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100942 on: January 19, 2016, 12:38:00 pm »

realised that i really don't know wtf to do. i dont have a lot of chances to talk to girls, but even if i did i don't even know what im doing wrong or how i could still improve and that makes me feel really bad :x

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100943 on: January 19, 2016, 12:39:55 pm »

It weirds me the hell out to see how much some people change when they get drunk, because it's like they're suddenly no longer the people i've come to know and like, despite looking like them and speaking with their voices.
Drunk man's words, sober man's thoughts. Most people I know have the same reaction to alcohol as I do (outwardly anyway), which is just being slow and stupid.

This is why I don't get drunk. I'm quiet and fairly reserved, and find my dweebiness sort of embarrassing, but the few times I've been drunk I've always managed to happily talk at least one person's ear off about Dwarf Fortress or whatever other thing they don't care about. Then the next day I'd cringe thinking back to them nodding politely and looking to escape the situation.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100944 on: January 19, 2016, 01:52:19 pm »

-snip-
If you're getting dizzy and pissing all the time, you're drinking too much. It's that simple.

Rule of thumb: You should only notice that you're drunk after you stand up, not while still sitting.
-snip-
Iunno, maybe stop trying to get with all of them. The right person in the right situation is not something that comes along too often...

(Also could you please start using caps again? LW is bad enough on his own.)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #100945 on: January 19, 2016, 02:47:35 pm »

Calculus textbook cost $250. Calculus professor has a very asian accent and it can be hard to understand her English. There's going to be a quiz this Thursday I'll need to study for. My next class is in 4 hours, and the drive takes ~40 minutes during rush hour, requiring me to leave an hour early. And I need a nap because I'm sleep deprived as hell because I went full retard and binged on video games this weekend and ruined my already awful sleep schedule.

Kill me. End my suffering.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100946 on: January 19, 2016, 03:22:46 pm »

Four pages of essay on Hannibal of Carthage.

Due tomorrow.
fuck
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100947 on: January 19, 2016, 04:10:23 pm »

Four pages of essay on Hannibal of Carthage.

Due tomorrow.
fuck
Your personal text fits perfectly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100948 on: January 19, 2016, 04:10:59 pm »

@KoSS:DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #100949 on: January 19, 2016, 04:13:40 pm »

You know what you need to do?

Fap. Fap away!

No. I know you're the "fapmaster" penguin maymay but seriously greatorder no.
Pages: 1 ... 6728 6729 [6730] 6731 6732 ... 8167