Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6719 6720 [6721] 6722 6723 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446710 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #100800 on: January 14, 2016, 08:01:26 pm »

"could I exhaust you with my excruciatingly boring presence?"

"care for some linguistic leisure? I have a very big dictionary..."
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100801 on: January 14, 2016, 08:01:53 pm »

I can almost talk to absolute strangers if it weren't for one thing - I literally don't know how to start a conversation.
"You know jet fuel can't melt steel beams, right?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100802 on: January 14, 2016, 08:06:37 pm »

"Nice shoes, wanna fuck?"
You'd be surprised at how well that actually works.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100803 on: January 14, 2016, 08:08:38 pm »

I think some Dutch reality tv show guy actually tested it (even without the nice shoes part), apparently it works 1 out of 10 times. And there we are, blaming muslim culture :P
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100804 on: January 14, 2016, 08:09:32 pm »

I think some Dutch reality tv show guy actually tested it, apparently it works 1 out of 10 times. And there we are, blaming muslim culture :P
Let's just say that my success rate was a tad bit higher than that. Then again, once upon a time, I was an 11/10, so that may have had an impact on that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100805 on: January 14, 2016, 08:11:30 pm »

I think some Dutch reality tv show guy actually tested it, apparently it works 1 out of 10 times. And there we are, blaming muslim culture :P
Let's just say that my success rate was a tad bit higher than that. Then again, once upon a time, I was an 11/10, so that may have had an impact on that.
Just being honest and upfront about intentions works a pretty huge chunk of the time, it's pretty great.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100806 on: January 14, 2016, 08:12:33 pm »

11/10 would go shoe shopping with again

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100807 on: January 14, 2016, 08:15:17 pm »

Well, that depends on ur intentions :/
Well, I mean barring like, murder, still a great success rate.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #100808 on: January 14, 2016, 08:17:33 pm »

I can almost talk to absolute strangers if it weren't for one thing - I literally don't know how to start a conversation.
"You know jet fuel can't melt steel beams, right?"
Some bloke actually started off a convo with me like that, first thing he said was I was not going to live to his age because of the cow conspiracy; guy didn't know his stuff, but kept talking about how the general masses were stupid sheep, thought the Windsors were illegitimate because we should have a Plantagenet, but what of Stuarts? Oh nah, they're Nazi Scots e.t.c.
Also first time someone's ever told me to buy bitcoin in real life, that one came out of the blue, especially cos we were both waiting in the bank
Kept going on about how we should abolish the BBC because they kept on reporting about how Moscow was dealing with snow, and no one lives in Moscow or cares about Russians making snowmen because that's not happening here

I did love how when I went to meet the bank clerk (and I don't know how but the topic of conversation did drift to our school days, my best one ended with riot police, I could not top his which ended with casualties, and it was funny to think of how settled down suit and tie came from those times), conspiracy guy started his appointment with his bank guy over the issue of why there was no more money in his bank account. He starts getting angry and bringing up his conspiracies and accusing the clerk of working with his "friends in Amazon" to charge him £100 for shit he didn't buy, and me and mine are laughing - he says normally he'd intervene after about 5 minutes of shouting, but the clerk they'd given him was new and needed to learn how to deal with stress-inducing clients on his own xD
Keep in mind we could hear everything he was saying through two sound-muffling rooms

Results vary depending on who says it

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100809 on: January 14, 2016, 08:19:09 pm »

Well it works pretty well for murder too. Don't do that though. Very wrong and I would never advocate it toady pls no ban.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #100810 on: January 14, 2016, 08:21:58 pm »

... You've tried? :U

Looks likely matter if you just go up like "ey let's bang". If we completely disregard personality for a moment, a pale and skinny nerd like myself wouldn't have much luck outside of people who specifically have a thing for pale and skinny guys with sinister facial features. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100811 on: January 14, 2016, 08:27:06 pm »

I've had a better than average success rate at hookups, though it partially comes from being selective as to who you try it on.

But yeah, I seem to remember a forum rule about not boshing on about our sex lives, so....

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #100812 on: January 14, 2016, 08:39:00 pm »

hard to talk about something that i don't have huehueheuheu

ANYWAYS

I am actually starting to sorely miss being on IRC (and i'm BORED OUT OF MY GODDAMN MIND), but my hands are still too much at risk to start chatting like a maniac (even a gentle and careful maniac). Rambling on the forum just isn't the same, because people can't butt in during the ramble and lead me on to tangents. I also miss some of the cool people in there (to a limited degree, since there's literally only one person on all the channels i go to that i know in person), and these channels are among the very few places where i can interact with people in real-time without being anxious. :<
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100813 on: January 14, 2016, 09:17:09 pm »

Weekday schedule is 8-3pm for work. Distance from University from work is around 2 hrs. So, that would be that I need to go by 6AM to 3PM, and I'd leave at 3PM and expect to arrive at 5PM. MWF has me doing classes at 6:00-7:30PM, at which point I spend 15-30 mins to get home. So, on average, 6AM to 8PM on MWF. That leaves me with 10 hours. Most of my papers take 1-2 hours and I am really quick to bore. Not to mention, these assignments STACK, and take some time to decipher. So, they practically take me with all of my brain power, 5 hours. And I have no room to stuff Thesis in. 5 hours of sleep is all I get. And every day, I get yelled at for being late. By my brothers. Who run the store. Who expect me to do every single thing at full capacity while I am also able to ace my studies. God, I feel like dropping out already, if only because these people would not understand. Don't get me started on TTH, where instead of going home 7:30, I go home at 9PM. I am practically a zombie now.

And at work...? I can't study; too busy thinking about things to do, like what I am missing, or how do I do this certain subject. If they saw me browsing the net for articles anyway, they'd scold me because "i am not doing work".

The worst part is that I have to do this or else I won't get my allowance. There is no support for me. FML.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100814 on: January 14, 2016, 09:39:02 pm »

the Windsors were illegitimate because we should have a Plantagenet
YORK 4 LYFE
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6719 6720 [6721] 6722 6723 ... 8167