Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6576 6577 [6578] 6579 6580 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442075 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98655 on: November 08, 2015, 02:40:04 pm »

It's so, so worth it. I got my bedroom refloored in July (delicious dark laminate pseudowood), and it's just so much nicer to have things shaken up and refreshed.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98656 on: November 08, 2015, 05:43:00 pm »

Apparently, uploading a file (such as a resume) to this application site refreshes the page with no warning. If you haven't saved your information, this deletes everything you've entered so far. The upload page is the second to last. There is mandatory information, without which the profile cannot be saved, on the last page.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #98657 on: November 08, 2015, 09:03:18 pm »

Only good bookstores around the area is the ones at the mall. At the mall on Sundays there's always couples holding hands. I feel like that will never happen for me so I get sad whenever I see that. Being single and having a pessimistic outlook on it sucks.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98658 on: November 08, 2015, 10:16:22 pm »

dad and dad's SO fighting as always, but today they're here
I can kinda see why I'm scared of relationships...
Not even just romantic ones, any relationship where you live with someone you care about.  I've got scars, personal self-inflicted reminders.  Both relationships healed but I'll never forget how rough things got, and that it would happen again inevitably.

At least they're too distracted to criticize my home (:  I did manage to tidy it up to my satisfaction, since they were quite late.  The piles are of interesting things like games and books, not bottles and cans.  Nice carpet from the state fair as a door mat.  New pillows.  Pans clean and stored organized.  Every time I clean up for visitors, a lot of it sticks and my place becomes incrementally nicer and more comfortable. 

Worthwhile for me, and that's what matters.

...  No quoting, please.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98659 on: November 08, 2015, 11:06:32 pm »

I have eaten nothing but garbage today, and I feel like garbage as a result. I have little energy, except to just idly lie in bed and waste my night shitposting on Facebook.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98660 on: November 08, 2015, 11:09:55 pm »

Have to work tomorrow, despite my bum arm not being able to do much without hurting like hell. Could be worse. A press operator once broke his hand, and the managers were pissed off with him for taking the rest of the day off after going to the hospital. He was told he had to work the next day.

I also got in shit for complaining about people smoking in the car with me because I always get hit with their ashes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98661 on: November 09, 2015, 01:30:34 am »

Went outside yesterday to find some 30 cane toads in the pool. (They're basically the biggest pest creature in Australia.)
I'm an animal person, a little bit of a softie, but I felt I had a duty to do, so I rounded up one of my housemates and together we popped them in a bunch of plastic bags and put them in the freezer.
A few hours later I go to check and they've been taken, our other, bleeding heart housemate had decided to free them.

So now I have two separate burdens on my conscience, one that I tried to kill them and the other that they're now set loose upon the neighbourhood.

The worst part is that I discovered another few today (probably some of the dumber ones), and I didn't know what to do about them, because if they go in the freezer they'll just get freed, but killing them with a shovel is pretty messy, and will also very likely make me an enemy in the house.
So basically, I messaged the bleeding heart housemate, and told her that if they're still in the pool by the time helpful housemate wakes up, they're gonna get massacred.
So, their survival will probably be on my conscience again,
Or she won't do anything about them and I'll have to take care of them in a brutal fashion when they could've been so much more humanely dealt with the first time.

Edit: Context.
There's been some recent land-clearing near our place, so to find 30 in one place is rare (for our area), and probably epidemic.
The fact they're out is gonna cause a lot of damage. They out-eat fellow insectivores, and are deadly poisonous to a lot of carnivores.
Basically, neighbourhood birds and dogs are gonna die because of them.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:43:53 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98662 on: November 09, 2015, 01:45:22 am »

I'm afraid that I can't offer any advice for toad disposal.

But can I say that your avatar fits perfectly with that post?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98663 on: November 09, 2015, 02:15:23 am »

I'd be hard pressed to think of something Mio doesn't go with.

If shovelling the toads is too messy, could you shoo them into bags, then smack them? Should contain the gibs.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #98664 on: November 09, 2015, 02:18:36 am »

Try telling Moses that you'll let his people go :D
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98665 on: November 09, 2015, 02:22:01 am »

But seriously I'd just ignore it unless they get in the house (at which point you could probably use mousetraps baited with whatever it is that cane toads eat).

Wu wei forever!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98666 on: November 09, 2015, 02:27:32 am »

No, cane toads are basically Hitler. They're not a thing you want around your neighbourhood. Also, they're way to big to fit in a mousetrap.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98667 on: November 09, 2015, 02:34:54 am »

Yes, Toad Hitler. They kill pets, they kill native animals, there's a few lizard and frog species which are nearly extinct because of them.
The poison which coats them is enough to make an adult sick from skin-contact, so they're dangerous to kids.
Believe me, if it was some other type of introduced species. Fuck, if it was rabbits, I wouldn't bother.

If shovelling the toads is too messy, could you shoo them into bags, then smack them? Should contain the gibs.
Again, I'm a softie. I'd rather be sure on a decapitation than whacking around a bag.

Which is funny, because it was my weakness, and deference to her which led to me deciding to do it the most humane way, instead of the fastest.
Which she then took advantage of. The part which seems to be getting to me is that she's completely self-righteous. Unaware, not sorry, she's the hero and I'm a monster.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98668 on: November 09, 2015, 02:36:54 am »

Which is funny, because it was my weakness, and deference to her which led to me deciding to do it the most humane way, instead of the fastest.

Excuse me, explain to me again why the way that takes a long-ass drawn-out time is "the most humane way"

EDIT:
Here's an alternate to the shovel
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:39:01 am by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98669 on: November 09, 2015, 02:40:04 am »

Well, I imagine a cold-blooded critter like a toad would simply fall asleep in freezing conditions, long before they'd suffer from frostbite or whatever other agonies await such a death.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6576 6577 [6578] 6579 6580 ... 8167