Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6407 6408 [6409] 6410 6411 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439648 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96120 on: August 06, 2015, 06:51:48 pm »

The downside of supervised learning is that I have to have a way of telling the network what's right and wrong, and I can't think of a better way of doing that than manually tagging all my data with the appropriate categories. So I guess I know how I'll be spending my weekend - adding notations to this set of 8282 web pages by hand. Tonight I'm just going to whip up a quick script to test some strings and make sure they don't occur anywhere naturally, so that I can use them as the relevant tags. Bluh bluh bluh!

Be better if I weren't still so sick. The sore throat's annoying, but the fatigue and aches are the real productivity killers.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96121 on: August 06, 2015, 07:20:17 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:26:28 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #96122 on: August 06, 2015, 08:31:21 pm »

People are so mean to me lately...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96123 on: August 07, 2015, 01:24:03 am »

Ugh, I still haven't had a chance to switch to Windows 10.
So this means I need to rely on Windows 8 to figure out what train and bus I need to catch, screenshot it for later and save it, then download a PDF or two, all whilst using the library's kinda slow internet and trying to get it all done before they close.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96124 on: August 07, 2015, 01:50:26 am »

A friend of mine is upset at somebody and they're playing coy about it to me specifically. Past experience, that's a sign that it's a "you should know what you did" thing, and I'm supposed to find the perfect phrase to win through like in the movies except I honestly have no fucking clue. Be short with me, yell at me, be mad at me, do what you have to do but don't let me just fucking guess about it, because that's how bitterness and deeply-held anger starts (believe me I know, past experience). People are fucking stupid, I hate people.

Maybe this is oversharing, but my best friendship (sometimes relationship) with anybody ever was also the one that featured the most fights. Because we each knew where the other stood, we could get past the fighting and work to a common ground. Sure it was hurtful sometimes, but it was honest and we made up pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:55:34 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96125 on: August 07, 2015, 03:05:04 am »

The downside of supervised learning is that I have to have a way of telling the network what's right and wrong, and I can't think of a better way of doing that than manually tagging all my data with the appropriate categories. So I guess I know how I'll be spending my weekend - adding notations to this set of 8282 web pages by hand. Tonight I'm just going to whip up a quick script to test some strings and make sure they don't occur anywhere naturally, so that I can use them as the relevant tags. Bluh bluh bluh!

Be better if I weren't still so sick. The sore throat's annoying, but the fatigue and aches are the real productivity killers.
Why not just mark your tags with some unusual Unicode character (like this : █TAG:tagname█) ?
U+2588 is pretty rarely used in that regard.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96126 on: August 07, 2015, 03:36:50 am »

That is exactly my plan, yes. But I want to be sure that it doesn't occur somewhere in there by improbable happenstance.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96127 on: August 07, 2015, 03:53:05 am »

Ah, right. Grep is your friend for that ^^

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96128 on: August 07, 2015, 11:43:55 am »

The no violence mode?

Pretty much is just a startup command that makes you have provision 24/7, gib and blood wise.

Or is it just because of guns and such?

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96129 on: August 07, 2015, 11:44:50 am »

The no violence mode?

Pretty much is just a startup command that makes you have provision 24/7, gib and blood wise.

Or is it just because of guns and such?

It's probably the former, I mean bloody chunks tend to get on a parent's bad side.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96130 on: August 07, 2015, 11:56:13 am »

*shrug*

I can't really say much else on how to help then, apologies.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96131 on: August 07, 2015, 12:05:42 pm »

I shouldn't be allowed to reply to people on the internet an hour before I go to bed, when I've got all the frustrations of the day backing me up (didn't happen on this website (except, you know, back when I let myself do it on this website)).

I mean, it could have been worse, but I have to live with having said things in a stupid way.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96132 on: August 07, 2015, 12:24:26 pm »

So uh. I vastly misinterpreted my friend's reason for being upset last night. Turns out her marriage is falling apart.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #96133 on: August 07, 2015, 04:09:01 pm »

So uh. I vastly misinterpreted my friend's reason for being upset last night. Turns out her marriage is falling apart.
Aw, that's sad...I hope their marriage can get back together.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96134 on: August 07, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »

Aw, that's sad...I hope their marriage can get back together.
Or breaks cleanly.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 6407 6408 [6409] 6410 6411 ... 8167