Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6349 6350 [6351] 6352 6353 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427199 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95250 on: July 17, 2015, 04:38:22 am »

m8 there are some problems with that statement

take a moment and iron that shit out

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95251 on: July 17, 2015, 04:46:45 am »

Cinder, for once I'll have to fully agree with LSP's exact wording there. :-\
Don't begin believing or giving belief into 'YOUR SEXUALITY IS WRONG', because that exactly matches the term of "stupid" [Stupid = the Wrong part, not you or whatever else]. -_-
For some reason--they called it wrong. For some reason, this doesn't make sense at all under normal living conditions.
For some reason, its obvious they lack understanding if all that is remembered is 'what you are is wrong'.

Because there're unspoken degrees to how one understands something--visible in their output.

...While projecting may help at times--how its worded in your post won't be helping anyone, most of all yourself, because it just mirrors a bad idea as if its the only idea that's personally correct. Before posting things like that in the future, check your idea with specificity :/
But it is relevant though. It's a sad thing that at times--it can seem like the only truth because of how...impactful others can make the idea to be. :-\
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:09:37 am by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95252 on: July 17, 2015, 05:08:04 am »

Don't begin believing or giving belief into 'YOUR SEXUALITY IS WRONG'
I dunno, it really does depend on what standard we're using to determine what is wrong.

Although, generally speaking, I wouldn't say that being gay is worthy of suicide. That seems perhaps a little excessive.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95253 on: July 17, 2015, 05:11:10 am »

Don't begin believing or giving belief into 'YOUR SEXUALITY IS WRONG'
I dunno, it really does depend on what standard we're using to determine what is wrong.
Eyeah .-. That was written in Cinder's context. Nothing wrong with homosexuality was my point.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95254 on: July 17, 2015, 06:51:21 am »

No Internet service for two days now. First day, I was told it was maintenance. Second day, I was told there must be a wiring issue and they'd need to send a tech out. This morning, the guy says I can go to a Time-Warner store and get one of *their* modems, at which point I proceed to tear him a new asshole. He then tells me the soonest they can get a tech out here is next Thursday.

Rot in Hell, you miserable bastards. If you had any semblance of competition, you'd be out of business. The only reason I haven't switched is that my only real options are actually worse than TWC.

We're right on the edge of the intended service area for Google Fiber Raleigh-Durham. PLEASE please please please.......I will personally fellate Sergey if that's what it takes.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #95255 on: July 17, 2015, 07:09:47 am »

Eyeah .-. That was written in Cinder's context. Nothing wrong with homosexuality was my point.
Homosexuality exists in other animal species, and various sexual deviations are not at all limited to humans. I've heard somewhere (so take this with a grain of salt) that the only vaguely atypical sexuality is the complete lack of it (with all due respect to the asexual peeps in here), probably because most animal species would die out without honkadonka. But really, it doesn't matter outside of romantic relations, and even within them, you are NOT alone, i can pretty much guarantee that. Humans are a very, VERY colorful lot. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95256 on: July 17, 2015, 07:31:06 am »

Is the standard 'It's different from the majority'?
Because modern society is currently moving past that.
The current standard I believe would be 'Does it make people feel safe and happy'?

Because a society of non-binary gender would actually be a happy one, once all of the conservatives died off.

But by then we'll all be underwater and dead so who cares?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #95257 on: July 17, 2015, 07:32:50 am »

Humans would die without sexual reproduction and we have asexuality, so I don't see why that makes it any less likely for wild animals.

Also it's probably a lot harder to definitively observe asexuality in the wild. Rather than seeing one obvious behavior (gay sex), you'd need to see an animal consistently avoiding sex when other animals wouldn't. And you'd have to rule out the various reasons why a sexual animal would avoid sex.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95258 on: July 17, 2015, 10:52:55 am »

I'm talking about an extreme worst case scenario where they actually do conquer all of the middle east and move on to conquering parts of the European Union and/or Russia

The odds of it happening are probably less than one percent of one percent, but if it comes to that I sure hope someone will have the good sense to put an end to it before they get a hand on long-range nukes themselves

To get nukes they'd have to conquer Israel or Turkey, or go through Iran to get to Pakistan and India. None of that is happening. Just ... no. They don't have the capacity to invade a country that's not already falling apart.

Remember the Iran/Iraq war. The full might of Saddam's military-industrial complex, with complete U.S. technical and logistical support failed to invade Iran for 9 years. By the end of that war, the Iraqi's were fielding the fourth largest army in the world, and it still wasn't enough. A bunch of guerillas with no industry and nobodies support are not going to pull this off.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:02:25 am by Reelya »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95259 on: July 17, 2015, 10:59:47 am »

Homosexuality exists in other animal species, and various sexual deviations are not at all limited to humans.
Odd thing is, we seem to be the only species that exhibits outright homophobia. Kinda kicks the 'Homosexuality is unnatural!' crowd in the face.
Argument I see is, animals also lick their buttholes.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95260 on: July 17, 2015, 12:59:04 pm »

the only vaguely atypical sexuality is the complete lack of it
What about worker bees/ants? There's probably more of those than there are humans outright.

Argument I see is, animals also lick their buttholes.
Humans can't reach :(
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95261 on: July 17, 2015, 01:28:39 pm »

Humans can also choose other options. Dog cannot.

Horses also can't reach. They use trees as scratching posts.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #95262 on: July 17, 2015, 01:34:29 pm »

My mastiff liked to shit on top of bushes for some reason.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #95263 on: July 17, 2015, 01:38:05 pm »

the only vaguely atypical sexuality is the complete lack of it
What about worker bees/ants? There's probably more of those than there are humans outright.
Among mammals, i should probably add, but yes. :v

Humans can also choose other options. Dog cannot.

Horses also can't reach. They use trees as scratching posts.
Humans are indeed very creative when it comes to pleasing their partners. ;)
But anyways, another argument for homosexuality not being a problem is that i know a gay dude who, on top of having found his niche many years ago, is also happily married (to a guy, yes). He seems like any other person out there, with no Magical Gay Rainbow Aura(tm) radiating out of every pore in his body. Again, unless you are to sleep with others, sexuality is generally as important as hair colour, perhaps even less so since it's not physically visible, so people can't discriminate about it unless they've been told or if it's glaringly obvious.

I mean, i guess i'm not one to decide what you should think, i'd just like you to know that i and many others (exact number unknown) in here don't think that homosexuality is wrong. The mere fact that gay bars exist should speak volumes.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95264 on: July 17, 2015, 01:41:05 pm »

Humans are the only species in which exclusively homosexual individuals are quite widespread, AFAIK. Homosexuality/bisexuality does exist in many species, but even among the ones in which homosexuality manifest as a normal preference (such as bonobos), individuals of those species will still very likely breed, when possible, even if said individuals have a special preference for homosexual partners.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 6349 6350 [6351] 6352 6353 ... 8167