Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6159 6160 [6161] 6162 6163 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465577 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92400 on: April 26, 2015, 12:46:29 am »

Seriously, it was the best date with a 63-year-old that I can imagine, and the man is an arborist so he's basically jacked, and we got to look at tidepools and go to a museum and explore some little towns, and being drunk wasn't, well, terrible. He did a good job of that conversation, too. I think we both did. A+ to both of us. Made the best of a really terrible situation.

But UGH. GROSSNESS. I've heard him banging his girlfriend (who is also in her sixties) in the other room before and just, yeah, ugh. Really gross. I honestly feel dirty.
My God, that's an alarmingly efficient way to turn a good day into a creepy-as-hell one. Well-deserved kudos to your handling of it, Vector. Here's hoping more straightforward friendships come your way, and romantic solicitations generally come from people you feel comfortable getting them from.

-----------------------------

Good luck, Caroline. You deserve better.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92401 on: April 26, 2015, 12:58:05 am »

snip
Hell, I couldn't survive in an environment like that. You've done well keeping yourself together as long as you have.
I'd offer help but I'm not really in a position to do anything other than offer e-sympathies and imaginary biscuits.

* Orange Wizard hands Caroline some tea and biscuits.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #92402 on: April 26, 2015, 01:05:32 am »

*sigh*
Why does everyone have such high expectations from me?

Yesterday my dad told me he "expects me to get 100% in chem 30", because I am obviously smarter than him and he is in Mensa... He told me I should be a "top percentage" individual, and that I "shouldn't expect anything from my classmates" because they aren't nearly as good as I am.

No pressure or anything, right... Today I had to go to school for 6 hours (on a Saturday) after not being able to sleep for two days and I'm still expected to do perfectly on everything I did today. And I had to write an hour long quiz after I got home, before I was allowed to sleep. And yes, it is for marks.

*Kal goes and throws up in the shower.

And people still refuse to call me by name... The best I get is initials.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 01:07:06 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92403 on: April 26, 2015, 02:21:14 am »

snip
*hugs*
I'd try to offer advice, but there's nothing I can really suggest. To any other person, I'd suggest trying to talk them out of it, be rational, but chances are, with your parents that...would not end well, at all. Try to find something else to help you cope, maybe? I honestly have no idea, I'm terrible with advice.
I'll be sad to see you go, though, Caroline. Good luck, you deserve much better than that :(
snip
While it seems like he wants you to just do really well in life, and based on previous experiences with you posting about him, that's likely. He's ignoring things about you, important things, like lack of sleep. Have you told him about this lack of sleep? Maybe he just doesn't know. Or he's turning into your mother, in which case, well... Yeah.
On the name thing: That really sucks. Do you have any idea why?
*hugs*
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:17:08 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92404 on: April 26, 2015, 04:35:06 am »

Shit Vec, that 's creepy as hell (and I don't want to know what the guy was thinking when he invited you out), but
my first drinking experience
Seriously? You're 25 and never drank alcohol? Oy vey oy vey, you've been missing out... Just to be clear though: If you have trouble walking in a straight line, you've had too much. It's not about being drunk, it's about getting drunk - ideally in a comfortable environment, with good company and a lively conversation. And at least in my experience, conversation is hindered by too much alcohol.

If you ever come to Bonn, I'll buy you a beer :)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #92405 on: April 26, 2015, 05:04:03 am »

But beers taste yucky!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92406 on: April 26, 2015, 05:06:53 am »

Okay, fine, Cider then.

(Also beer tastes yucky only if you're not used to it - kinda like strong licorice. And our local beer here is fairly mild too...)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92407 on: April 26, 2015, 05:13:19 am »

Some beers are yucky- I can't stand most ales, they're too sweet and fruity.
Other beers (I haven't quite got a rule worked out yet) are delicious. :D

My sad is that all my clothes are dirty and I was too lazy to hand-wash anything today. Good job, me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #92408 on: April 26, 2015, 05:38:44 am »

I've actually had only two kinds of beer--one was a Korean crappy brand, another was Kloud or something which is probably expensiver? I think the korean beer was more bitter than kloud. But both were meh, like barley tea made from rotten barley.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #92409 on: April 26, 2015, 08:19:12 am »

Feeling utterly shit today. Most probably due to lack of sleep and eating too much for breakfast so my stomach is protesting for several hours now. All that combined makes me unable to keep away from negative thoughts, as much as I try to, it all just comes back to them. I should study and draw but that requires more thinking effort, not sure I can spare that right now :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #92410 on: April 26, 2015, 09:36:29 am »

lazy, idiotic, wasteful, uncaring, bastards
i forget, were they talking about you or themselves at this point?

Seriously though, you don't deserve that bullshit. Are PMs still okay?

Karma's a bitch, I guess?
And it is. I almost pity your parents.

@everyone else: *hugs* I'm not sure what to say - that's all really crappy - but *hugs* nonetheless

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92411 on: April 26, 2015, 11:03:47 am »

I just ventured into /r/politics. Oh, how foolish of me.
I was vainly trying to find some scrap of information on a certain topic and I ended up seething with rage right before bed.
Hopefully this will at least mean I have entertainingly violent dreams.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92412 on: April 26, 2015, 11:41:12 am »

Just remember, it's junior prom. That's the less important one.

Senior prom is really important here but a lot of people to to the junior one too.
That wasn't the point though, the point is if she doesn't want me to go with someone else then she should go with me especialy since I'm offering to pay for it and her work will let her off for it if she asks.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #92413 on: April 26, 2015, 11:46:13 am »

Maybe she just doesn't want to go to prom...?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92414 on: April 26, 2015, 11:49:32 am »

Maybe she just doesn't want to go to prom...?
That's what I was thinking.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6159 6160 [6161] 6162 6163 ... 8167