Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6110 6111 [6112] 6113 6114 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443800 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91665 on: April 13, 2015, 07:08:23 am »

god, I feel sad and alone. Feel like I've emotionally been trashed. I'm so burnt out.

[/vaguebooks off into the sunset]
I would be pleased if you could avoid feeling alone, since...
You still have bay12.

You ALL still have bay12!
I'm here, and don't plan on going off anytime soon, share with us your burden, and we will share with you our strength, isn't that the meaning of a community?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91666 on: April 13, 2015, 07:19:42 am »

I've come to the distressing realization that I don't really enjoy anything anymore.
Apart from perhaps the occasional good movie or book, but those are escapes from real life in the first place.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91667 on: April 13, 2015, 07:52:39 am »

That wouldn't surprise me.
I thought I'd put depression well behind me, but I guess things haven't worked out as well as I'd hoped.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91668 on: April 13, 2015, 08:30:29 am »

I've come to the distressing realization that I don't really enjoy anything anymore.
Apart from perhaps the occasional good movie or book, but those are escapes from real life in the first place.
Have you considered masturbation and/or heroin? I'd suggest not indulging in both at the same time though, shoving needles in one's crotch is something best left to the truly desperate.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #91669 on: April 13, 2015, 08:36:31 am »

Have you considered masturbation and/or heroin? I'd suggest not indulging in both at the same time though, shoving needles in one's crotch is something best left to the truly desperate.

You've tried the second?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91670 on: April 13, 2015, 08:39:39 am »

Masturbation yes, heroin no.
Needles are... well, I generally don't have a problem with getting needles stuck into me by the capable hands of a medical professional, but the idea of using a needle myself- on my own body, no less- never fails to make me squirm.
Besides, I can't afford heroin. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91671 on: April 13, 2015, 08:52:43 am »

You've tried the second?
No, but apparently quite a few people enjoy it sufficiently to consider living in destitution an acceptable tradeoff.
(The 'needles in crotch' thing is actually done IRL - by people who have ruined every vein in other places in their body by not being careful with their injections. Imagine those people having an accident and the medics desperately trying to find a site for IV...)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #91672 on: April 13, 2015, 10:30:08 am »

You've tried the second?
No, but apparently quite a few people enjoy it sufficiently to consider living in destitution an acceptable tradeoff.
(The 'needles in crotch' thing is actually done IRL - by people who have ruined every vein in other places in their body by not being careful with their injections. Imagine those people having an accident and the medics desperately trying to find a site for IV...)
Here's probably a decent summary of heroin.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91673 on: April 13, 2015, 11:46:31 am »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:15:08 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91674 on: April 13, 2015, 12:05:29 pm »

Ummm... I'm sorry, but tea is supposed to be consumed after milk is added, not before.
Unless it's some sort of herbal tea and you're sick and going by the whole 'the worse it tastes, the better it is for you' idea.
milk or not you also need a pound of sugar
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91675 on: April 13, 2015, 12:07:36 pm »

I need to go to the doctor today to figure out why I've been sick for the past week. The constant coughing is killing me and I can't afford cold medicine unless it's prescribed.

Also the IRC seems to be down. Boo.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91676 on: April 13, 2015, 12:10:35 pm »

I need to go to the doctor today to figure out why I've been sick for the past week. The constant coughing is killing me and I can't afford cold medicine unless it's prescribed.

I know for a fact that they sell cough medicine at Dollar Tree.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91677 on: April 13, 2015, 12:13:54 pm »

You forget that I have approximately zero dollars and zero cents.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #91678 on: April 13, 2015, 12:15:58 pm »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:35:34 pm by penguinofhonor »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91679 on: April 13, 2015, 12:33:33 pm »

That's odd. My client is giving me a 10061 socket error which apparently means that the server is down.
Pages: 1 ... 6110 6111 [6112] 6113 6114 ... 8167