Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6065 6066 [6067] 6068 6069 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443716 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90990 on: April 02, 2015, 02:08:15 pm »

I now literally weigh 100 lbs soaking wet. I guess I'm not having one relapse--more like two.

Time for some drastic life changes.

I know a little of how that feels. Good luck.

Also Yoink your microwave finally broke. :(

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90991 on: April 02, 2015, 02:09:01 pm »

Wait, what? But I was just using it before I went to bed ;_;
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90992 on: April 02, 2015, 02:10:06 pm »

* Descan is sad he doesn't message his friends more. ;_;
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #90993 on: April 02, 2015, 02:15:01 pm »

For some reason, I felt compelled to write about myself growing up and how the Internet played a part in shaping me as an individual. I came to a very emotional event in my life and started crying in the school's lobby. Apparently, I'm still as upset about it as I was way back when I was four years old. I thought I'd come to terms with it, but I suppose I just buried it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90994 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:12 pm »

Wait, what? But I was just using it before I went to bed ;_;

It seems to be working now. Must have just been a glitch in the matrix.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90995 on: April 02, 2015, 02:28:19 pm »

For some reason, I felt compelled to write about myself growing up and how the Internet played a part in shaping me as an individual. I came to a very emotional event in my life and started crying in the school's lobby. Apparently, I'm still as upset about it as I was way back when I was four years old. I thought I'd come to terms with it, but I suppose I just buried it.
I think I can relate. I still feel terrible for that one time I threw my new Judge Dredd playset off the table and shouted at my mother just because the text on the box it came in said the character I liked most was a 'bad guy'. :'( I was about four then, and I'm twenty-two (it hurts to type that) now, so... I dunno, it's weird.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90996 on: April 02, 2015, 02:39:35 pm »

The only thing that bugs me about it is that it doesn't quite seamlessly loop. :P
You Have No Idea.
But it would be triple the size if I were to make it seamless.

I'm too shy to go for jogs any more, or to start going to the gym, and I've gotten far too used to eating more than once a day.
1. I can definitely feel the issues with jogging if you live northside. Everyone there is like 45 and valiantly attempting to stave off death by being the fittest upper-middle-class peoples of indeterminate skin color they can be. (Not at all bitter)

But my advice would be to join a 24hr gym (like Snap) and go at 2am. Nobody is there at 2am. Seriously, the self-conscious ones go at midnight, and are out by 1-1:30. 2am is just you (Plus whoever you take along for safety reasons).
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90997 on: April 02, 2015, 02:59:56 pm »

So down to two friends...

One of them used and abused me and put me in a very precarious situation along with threatening to hurt me... So I broke it off with him.

While the other abandoned me for more fun and interesting people and probably won't even message me unless he needs something.

---

So at this point I am officially friendless...

I always kind of known it would happen, I hung onto the very few friends I had and have such trouble making new ones.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90998 on: April 02, 2015, 03:01:07 pm »

@Tack: I should do that, I guess.
I imagine anyone else there at that time would fall into the same category and thus not be the sort to bother me anyway.

Now, to procrastinate about this for a few more months/years... ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90999 on: April 02, 2015, 03:11:16 pm »

I now literally weigh 100 lbs soaking wet. I guess I'm not having one relapse--more like two.

Time for some drastic life changes.
Is it bad that I'm kind of jealous? :-/ I can't seem to get back to the super-skinny exercise freak I used to be.
I'm too shy to go for jogs any more, or to start going to the gym, and I've gotten far too used to eating more than once a day.

Hope your weight reaches your preferred level soon. Good luck.
(Is that the proper thing to say here? Heck if I know.)

I don't see anything wrong with what you said...  Though underweight is no picnic.

I was a decent weight and very athletic until I left home for the first time, at which point I stopped exercising and eating much.  I worried about getting fat a lot, even as my family grew more and more concerned about my ribs.  I wasn't anywhere close to a serious anorexia case, but I might have been on a path to it.  Fortunately I had to move back home, where people pressured me to eat and exercise.

I think the lack of energy led to depression, which led to not eating or being active.  Vicious cycles are the worst.  Nowadays I don't run or bicycle anymore, and sometimes I get stressed and barely eat for a few days, but... (digs out scale, checks weight)
Huh.  Apparently I'm 10 pounds heavier than I thought I was.  That's actually kinda scary.  I was going for a brief walk nearly every day until Christmas stress got to me...  Guess I need to bring that back.

Yoink, I'll go for long awkward walks if you will  (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91000 on: April 02, 2015, 03:32:16 pm »

It's snowing. In April.

Why does this place have to be so cold  :(.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #91001 on: April 02, 2015, 03:36:16 pm »

A friend of mine just got out of the hospital. His heart failed due to him getting atrial fibrillation.
He's in his early twenties.
:(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:38:21 pm by Fniff »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #91002 on: April 02, 2015, 03:42:51 pm »

Jeez. I'm glad he made it through, but that's scary. I hope he can get treatment. Any idea what may have caused it?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91003 on: April 02, 2015, 04:10:17 pm »

So down to two friends...

One of them used and abused me and put me in a very precarious situation along with threatening to hurt me... So I broke it off with him.

While the other abandoned me for more fun and interesting people and probably won't even message me unless he needs something.

---

So at this point I am officially friendless...

I always kind of known it would happen, I hung onto the very few friends I had and have such trouble making new ones.
I consider you a friend, for however much that's worth.  :-\
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91004 on: April 02, 2015, 04:12:42 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with what you said...  Though underweight is no picnic.

I was a decent weight and very athletic until I left home for the first time, at which point I stopped exercising and eating much.  I worried about getting fat a lot, even as my family grew more and more concerned about my ribs.  I wasn't anywhere close to a serious anorexia case, but I might have been on a path to it.  Fortunately I had to move back home, where people pressured me to eat and exercise.

I think the lack of energy led to depression, which led to not eating or being active.  Vicious cycles are the worst.  Nowadays I don't run or bicycle anymore, and sometimes I get stressed and barely eat for a few days, but... (digs out scale, checks weight)
Huh.  Apparently I'm 10 pounds heavier than I thought I was.  That's actually kinda scary.  I was going for a brief walk nearly every day until Christmas stress got to me...  Guess I need to bring that back.

Yoink, I'll go for long awkward walks if you will  (:
Ha, alright! Walks I can do. :)
I will just have to work out where there is to walk to around here. Preferably that doesn't involved getting stabbed.
Heck, maybe for starters I could walk to my old suburb and get those $1 wraps I've been missing so much. It's only a ten minute bus ride from here.

Edit: I can't help but wonder if that first line was an intentional pun or not. Clever.
And the main problem I have is that my 'default' weight has become what is was after a long period of barely eating, and I feel awful and panic if it raises even a little bit above that. I'll just have to get my arse in gear and start exercising.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:15:02 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 6065 6066 [6067] 6068 6069 ... 8167