Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5646 5647 [5648] 5649 5650 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9417243 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84705 on: November 19, 2014, 12:29:07 pm »

Babby came from memetic yahoo answers parody video, Tiruin. I wish I could link it, but I can't on my phone. Is dumb phone.
You're welcome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84706 on: November 19, 2014, 12:49:15 pm »

I failed my second math test, worth 20% of the final grade... .___.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #84707 on: November 19, 2014, 12:51:07 pm »

Sad/rage: after boss' exile, his foes turned his eyes on me. They're actively trying to sabotage my entry into his research team :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84708 on: November 19, 2014, 12:53:56 pm »

Has I mentioned before that every time someone say that they are bad at life and that they're not going to be successful I have to resist the urge to say something about it, due to me obviously not having experience?

But I feel that if you feel like you are bad at what you do, then it's maybe time that you think of actually having fun. I don't mean the procrastinating kind, though, but I mean the kind where you do something productive because you /want/ to do it, not because you feel obligated to do it. This may come off as hypocritical from me, who nearly stopped doing art a couple of times on the notion which basically boils down to "i'm not perfect and best at everything waaaaaaaaah", but maybe the key to being good at doing something, is that you can't force it. And no, if you have fun from practicing and training for it then that means you aren't forcing it and so you're good.

tl;dr: those who think they're inadequate, chill.
I consider myself to be bad at writing. I still do it cause it's fun. Not non-fiction, though. Fuck non-fiction.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #84709 on: November 19, 2014, 12:58:19 pm »

Cocked a test up pretty bad, and I know I could've done better D:
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84710 on: November 19, 2014, 12:59:04 pm »

* Descan test-fuck-up fistbump.

Did you fail too or just get a lower mark than you could have?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84711 on: November 19, 2014, 01:04:49 pm »

Man, y'all are babbies. Kinda mature for babbies but still babbies.
Take your sweeping generalizations and get off my lawn.

I'm just thinking of calling to cancel my bi-weekly therapist appointment, just because I ONCE AGAIN haven't made any appreciable progress towards any goals whatsoever. I just want another week, even though I've gotten two weeks, to do something, and when it comes to that I don't even know why I try or care anymore.

Should I cancel? I just don't know, and I need to decide right now.
Maybe your current predicament is something to talk to your therapist about.

And/or if you don't feel like you're making progress with this therapist, maybe try another one?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #84712 on: November 19, 2014, 01:16:46 pm »

* Descan test-fuck-up fistbump.

Did you fail too or just get a lower mark than you could have?

I actually don't know yet, I just wrote it and the lady supervising us was not the one who's gonna check it. But AFAIK you cannot fail that test, it's just that the sum of points for lab reports, mini-tests and verbal knowledge checkups before the actual labwork and the bigger tests such as this one determines your grade.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #84713 on: November 19, 2014, 03:05:58 pm »

Also, a friend of mine is leaving very soon :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #84714 on: November 19, 2014, 06:35:43 pm »

A bit tired and frustrated at life right now. Too many things due and I managed to squander a night due to gaming; which while it provided me with a bit of a mental break, did not at all help the fact that I have an oral report due tomorrow that I have not had the chance to touch as well as Homework backlog that I sloughed off. As for tonight, I have my choir. Which would be fun, but I desperately need time right now.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84715 on: November 19, 2014, 08:34:33 pm »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #84716 on: November 19, 2014, 09:42:25 pm »

Instead of working on my Phonology homework, I'm debating the relative merits of naming my child Nixon.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #84717 on: November 19, 2014, 09:45:17 pm »

So many babies.
Why is this in sad thread

Sad: Well, here comes the seasonal ailment. In the midst of my late-afternoon loooong class I noticed I was getting all warm and sore, the usual feelings. Oddly enough, this year it was preceded by a couple days of my kidneys pumping out some kind of weird, happy feeling, which was odd but I took little notice. Now they're just sore. I should go home and rest but I really want to see the weekly game dev club presentation.

Instead of working on my Phonology homework, I'm debating the relative merits of naming my child Nixon.
Minus: Your child would be mocked for it in school.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84718 on: November 19, 2014, 09:46:35 pm »

Why not Milhouse?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #84719 on: November 19, 2014, 09:46:42 pm »

So many babies.
Why is this in sad thread

Sad: Well, here comes the seasonal ailment. In the midst of my late-afternoon loooong class I noticed I was getting all warm and sore, the usual feelings. Oddly enough, this year it was preceded by a couple days of my kidneys pumping out some kind of weird, happy feeling, which was odd but I took little notice. Now they're just sore. I should go home and rest but I really want to see the weekly game dev club presentation.

Minus: Your child would be mocked for it in school.

Children will be mocked for anything, they'll grow out of it. It goes very well with my last name, too.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 5646 5647 [5648] 5649 5650 ... 8167