Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5645 5646 [5647] 5648 5649 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9417234 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84690 on: November 19, 2014, 04:20:44 am »

Has I mentioned before that every time someone say that they are bad at life and that they're not going to be successful I have to resist the urge to say something about it, due to me obviously not having experience?

But I feel that if you feel like you are bad at what you do, then it's maybe time that you think of actually having fun. I don't mean the procrastinating kind, though, but I mean the kind where you do something productive because you /want/ to do it, not because you feel obligated to do it. This may come off as hypocritical from me, who nearly stopped doing art a couple of times on the notion which basically boils down to "i'm not perfect and best at everything waaaaaaaaah", but maybe the key to being good at doing something, is that you can't force it. And no, if you have fun from practicing and training for it then that means you aren't forcing it and so you're good.

tl;dr: those who think they're inadequate, chill.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84691 on: November 19, 2014, 04:38:29 am »

my fun is vaguely illegal and socially obstructive

so i'm stuck here faffing about

thinking of quitting my job and moving someplace hopefully less shit actually but nobody i ever asked delivered info on that country's immigration practices so

open prod to mooselords: how the fuck do i enter your syrup and horton's filled wonderland

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84692 on: November 19, 2014, 04:41:19 am »

I wonder where babby came from...
Well, when a man and a woman love each other very much...
Dangit, why am I having to explain this stuff to a med student?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #84693 on: November 19, 2014, 04:44:42 am »

open prod to mooselords: how the fuck do i enter your syrup and horton's filled wonderland
Assuming you're talking about Canada, if you have professional skills and maybe even a job offer in Canada, you can apply for employment immigration I think. There's a set number of slots per job though.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84694 on: November 19, 2014, 06:06:54 am »

I didn't have any spinach, pineapple, jalapeņos or onion to put on this pizza. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #84695 on: November 19, 2014, 06:09:55 am »

Not even jamaican mustard? D:
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84696 on: November 19, 2014, 09:00:26 am »

Assuming you're talking about Canada, if you have professional skills and maybe even a job offer in Canada, you can apply for employment immigration I think. There's a set number of slots per job though.
If you just want to visit? Just need a valid passport, then come on up! Used to be you didn't need a passport to cross the US/Canada border, but I guess too many Moose were slipping across the border or something, so now you need a passport.
(I am assuming you're American, because? If not, then you'll probably want to fly).

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84697 on: November 19, 2014, 09:46:37 am »

I'm just thinking of calling to cancel my bi-weekly therapist appointment, just because I ONCE AGAIN haven't made any appreciable progress towards any goals whatsoever. I just want another week, even though I've gotten two weeks, to do something, and when it comes to that I don't even know why I try or care anymore.

Should I cancel? I just don't know, and I need to decide right now.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #84698 on: November 19, 2014, 09:49:57 am »

I'd say going to the therapist in the first place is a form of progress.

Assuming they're any good at their job :P

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84699 on: November 19, 2014, 10:52:04 am »

I'm gonna go ahead and join the bandwagon of people who can't motivate themselves to get out of the rut they're in.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #84700 on: November 19, 2014, 11:13:50 am »

Pre-cal test today. Tried studying. Still nervous about it. Will probably do terribly and die of seppuku.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84701 on: November 19, 2014, 11:20:17 am »

It's called etymology ;p

Has I mentioned before that every time someone say that they are bad at life and that they're not going to be successful I have to resist the urge to say something about it, due to me obviously not having experience?

But I feel that if you feel like you are bad at what you do, then it's maybe time that you think of actually having fun. I don't mean the procrastinating kind, though, but I mean the kind where you do something productive because you /want/ to do it, not because you feel obligated to do it. This may come off as hypocritical from me, who nearly stopped doing art a couple of times on the notion which basically boils down to "i'm not perfect and best at everything waaaaaaaaah", but maybe the key to being good at doing something, is that you can't force it. And no, if you have fun from practicing and training for it then that means you aren't forcing it and so you're good.

tl;dr: those who think they're inadequate, chill.
This is actually experience. :P
May not be the best worded or whichever you'd like to attribute to it, but it is experience with the prospect of development.
Which is great experience.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:23:31 am by Tiruin »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #84702 on: November 19, 2014, 11:40:22 am »

Standing made head spin. Got to watch all the pretty lights. This is vaguely worrying.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84703 on: November 19, 2014, 12:04:41 pm »

It's called etymology ;p
Baby → Babby

It's pretty simple.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84704 on: November 19, 2014, 12:17:25 pm »

Babby came from memetic yahoo answers parody video, Tiruin. I wish I could link it, but I can't on my phone. Is dumb phone.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 5645 5646 [5647] 5648 5649 ... 8167