Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5404 5405 [5406] 5407 5408 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9421175 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81075 on: September 09, 2014, 04:57:12 pm »

Sounds like you need Onsen acclimatization.
If anything gets you used to being naked in public, it's being given an absolutely tiny towel, which is a social taboo to put anywhere but on top of your head.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81076 on: September 09, 2014, 05:00:23 pm »

Plug them both in, dual monitors! D:<
I already have dual monitors. D:
The CRT's my main, but I have a 1080p LCD located 2cm to the right that I watch HD videos and games on.

I wonder if triple monitors could be a thing, though, hmmm...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #81077 on: September 09, 2014, 05:03:56 pm »

Older (aspy) brother being convinced that things form his childhood are just better, like MSpaint over PS or VHS over blu-ray.
So he's just like everyone else, then?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #81078 on: September 09, 2014, 05:22:12 pm »

He had a shirt from when he was 6 that had been stretched to translucency, which was only recently thrown out.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #81079 on: September 09, 2014, 06:02:02 pm »

Older (aspy) brother being convinced that things form his childhood are just better, like MSpaint over PS or VHS over blu-ray.
Also an aspy, cannot defend VHS, but Win98 MS Paint was best Paint. No image editor is better, except one which I can't use because it's for old macs; back when they were basically-windows old. It was MS paint with layers.
I hate macs except for Seashore.

Also, I might quit my job. I'm fed up with it. Never any more than half the bare minimum requirements were ever met, including # of staff, products sold, tools availible, training offered, schedule flexibility, etc; I used to work 10-4, and had 12 co-workers. Now I'm 8:30-5, with 3 co-workers. And my manager just quit because he refuses to work with his new boss; apparently his oppinion of the new one is lower than the one that got fired last week.
Also, I might be racist, but the new, completely untrained guy scares the shit out of me simply for wearing a turban into work and barely speaking english. And smelling funny.
Also, I wanted to quit 14 months ago anyways.
Also, I've saved up enough for most of my school needs and anything I can't pay now can be a student loan.
Also, the drama with people quitting and being unavailable every week is just TOO MUCH. It may be hypocritical to quit because I'm upset that others are quitting, but I can't take it. Traing people to replace everyone who ever worked with me before, from scratch, in the middle 9f a busy day, while having to watch the other trainees and keep them at the same pace as eachother, while still not being fully trained myself, without anyone else with proper training or experience to help;
Today my eyes turned on the waterworks, I couldn't stop them, the fake happy for the customers' sakes couldn't be recovered, and I left an hour early, couldn't even talk clear long enough without sobbing to tell my suppeirior (works in a different area, so not with me) that I was going the first two attempts.
I just can't do it any more. Tim Hortons is hard enough with just Tim Horton's as a chain of command, but I have to deal with Chartwell's chain of command too (they're responsible for all kiosks inside the college, including quizno's sub and extreme pita an starbucks an Tim's), and Chartwells, and all compass group subsidiaries, are 11000% incompetent.  Except for the fact that somehow they are not out of business yet. :?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #81080 on: September 09, 2014, 06:08:29 pm »

Have I told this story before? I don't think I have.

Once, last year, my brother had nearly a week where my brother kept asking to stay home from school because of ailments he obviously was faking.

A few days later, Mom and Dad found out that he was lying because a guy was making fun of him at school. He supposedly got called gay on multiple occasions, and a guy was doing things he hated to get a reaction out of it.

Does this sound familiar to you guys?

Seriously, brother? ONE GUY does things to you for a few days, and you've been doing those sae things to your brother for almost 16 years, driving him to the point where he is able to see only bad in almost anyone who he meets, and he has dreams and daydreams about brutally murdering you, but you still haven't gotten that lightbulb in your brain notifying you that you're a hypocritical cunt who has been making his brother feel even worse than you do right now, for every day of his life, and that you're a pathetic excuse with no resolve, who can dish it out but can't take it?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81081 on: September 09, 2014, 06:12:56 pm »

IronTomato, I'd advise to not let your perception be dependent wholly on your brother in that case :-\
Focusing on the negative and shoving it at him purely in raw negative form doesn't help anyone--most especially yourself.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #81082 on: September 09, 2014, 06:14:30 pm »

Nah, you're supposed to despise your siblings. Until you're both adults, that is.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81083 on: September 09, 2014, 06:16:18 pm »

Nah, you're supposed to despise your siblings. Until you're both adults, that is.
:I

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81084 on: September 09, 2014, 06:18:06 pm »

Also I'm pretty sure shared showers had a factor in me being gay. :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #81085 on: September 09, 2014, 06:19:07 pm »

IronTomato, I'd advise to not let your perception be dependent wholly on your brother in that case :-\
Focusing on the negative and shoving it at him purely in raw negative form doesn't help anyone--most especially yourself.
I'm not shoving it at him, I'm shoving it onto here because there's nobody I know in person who believes me anymore, except my parents.
Are you trying to say that his malice doesn't matter?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #81086 on: September 09, 2014, 06:20:12 pm »

His malice proves my point :P.

And Objective, that explains why I'm straight. Never shared a shower with anything other than spiders in my life.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81087 on: September 09, 2014, 06:20:55 pm »

I...I don't hate my siblings! :c
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81088 on: September 09, 2014, 06:23:03 pm »

:I
Like it or not, the dutch person is right.
It's true.  My sister and I were at each others' throats every time we saw each other until we were both out of high school.

Now we're BEST FRIENDS.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81089 on: September 09, 2014, 06:23:33 pm »

His malice proves my point :P.

And Objective, that explains why I'm straight. Never shared a shower with anything other than spiders in my life.
So you're arachnosexual?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 5404 5405 [5406] 5407 5408 ... 8167