Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5254 5255 [5256] 5257 5258 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429669 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #78825 on: July 23, 2014, 03:41:06 pm »

Stories like that kinda make me feel like an ass, when I think I have it bad because I stand still and take it when my brother has an episode and starts hitting me because I don't want to hurt him, instead of knocking him the hell out like a man. And then I go on the internet to complain because I got hit. :[

Just a side note- Standing still an getting punched seems perfectly manly. Not necessarily smart or intelligent, but manly all the same.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78826 on: July 23, 2014, 03:49:20 pm »

Got another job interview.  This one has a lot of promise, I would be doing remote tech support for companies across the country, from home, full time.  Remote tech support was pretty much what I was doing all day at computer shops, outside of the occasional housecall.  I would just be doing it from home instead of driving across town first.

My father is not a fan.  In fact he fails to see how I could do tech support from my computer at home and insists it's a scam.  I've explained it repeatedly, but he just does not get it, and insists that if he picks up the phone when they call for the interview he will tell them to fuck off.  To him it is not a real job.

I know the company, I've worked with them before, because the old tech shop I worked for would occasionally have us go out to a location in their name to solve issues that could not be fixed remotely.  If this is a scam it's a damn elaborate one.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #78827 on: July 23, 2014, 04:06:27 pm »

Stories like that kinda make me feel like an ass, when I think I have it bad because I stand still and take it when my brother has an episode and starts hitting me because I don't want to hurt him, instead of knocking him the hell out like a man. And then I go on the internet to complain because I got hit. :[

Just a side note- Standing still an getting punched seems perfectly manly. Not necessarily smart or intelligent, but manly all the same.
The only real reason I don't want to hurt him is because I always get punished more if we get into a fistfight, for whatever reason.

I had a whole new story abour his hypocrisy typed out, but instead I'll just ask, is there a reliable way to get someone to go "Hey... maybe I've got a problem?" Instead of being oblivious to the fact that he is the most hateable person I've ever met, and tries to be that way? I'm positive that he knows he is, to some degree, because he will never act that way if someone besides me or Mom is in the room. Nevertheless, whenever confronted about it, he will always say "I DON'T DO THAT, SHUT UP." Unless he's having one of his manic episodes, in which case you can hold him by the neck and scream down his throat, but he'll still keep singing and making jokes while meowing and talking in a baby voice.

He's the same age as me, yes.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #78828 on: July 23, 2014, 04:16:24 pm »

Have you looked at your sig lately Mr. Tomato? :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #78829 on: July 23, 2014, 04:18:46 pm »

Have you looked at your sig lately Mr. Tomato? :P
I understand that you were attempting to make a joke, but I find it highly unfunny.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #78830 on: July 23, 2014, 04:34:26 pm »

Yeah, that's a real problem. Frankly, you'll probably want to consult someone with real psychological expertise, cause that looks like a real tangle.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #78831 on: July 23, 2014, 07:20:03 pm »

Finished binge-watching House of Cards.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #78832 on: July 23, 2014, 07:25:50 pm »

Fell asleep while patiently listening to my 5 year old ramble for at least a solid half hour about trying to catch a spider in a plastic bag to keep as a pet, and how he wishes he was a spider.

Oh how I wish there were some other kids around his age for him to play with...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78833 on: July 23, 2014, 07:59:03 pm »

Fell asleep while patiently listening to my 5 year old ramble for at least a solid half hour about trying to catch a spider in a plastic bag to keep as a pet, and how he wishes he was a spider.

In that case, you should never buy a plane ticket ever again. Because Spiderman

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78834 on: July 23, 2014, 08:55:24 pm »

I know your pain. My five year old is the talkiest kid I've ever been around. That girl never stops talking.

In other sads: Someone tangentially related to one of my friends was murdered in my hometown. Battle Creek sure has the right name. So glad to be out of there.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78835 on: July 23, 2014, 09:10:06 pm »

Sometimes I wonder if I'm not making a colossal mistake. Because every single sign points to this, but I continue to blindly hope everything works out. (Sort of. I'm very proactive about it actually, but you know. Details.)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78836 on: July 23, 2014, 09:23:22 pm »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:44:27 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #78837 on: July 23, 2014, 09:43:47 pm »

I don't recall ever getting beat up, but I did smack the shit out of a friend once, which make the fact that he later apparently have a crush on me even weirder.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #78838 on: July 23, 2014, 09:45:51 pm »

I've had the shit kicked out of me a few times, probably deserved it a fair few of those times too to be entirely honest.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #78839 on: July 23, 2014, 10:00:54 pm »

The only real reason I don't want to hurt him is because I always get punished more if we get into a fistfight, for whatever reason.

I had a whole new story abour his hypocrisy typed out, but instead I'll just ask, is there a reliable way to get someone to go "Hey... maybe I've got a problem?" Instead of being oblivious to the fact that he is the most hateable person I've ever met, and tries to be that way? I'm positive that he knows he is, to some degree, because he will never act that way if someone besides me or Mom is in the room. Nevertheless, whenever confronted about it, he will always say "I DON'T DO THAT, SHUT UP." Unless he's having one of his manic episodes, in which case you can hold him by the neck and scream down his throat, but he'll still keep singing and making jokes while meowing and talking in a baby voice.

He's the same age as me, yes.
A professional over in your area would be the best to consult on that matter (because we can't do anything else but give advice :x). Note: The orange part does not give credence to the prior words before it. (which is...pretty much obvious..well, for me though :/)
Also that's real rude of him to just say shut up to ... practically anyone. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 5254 5255 [5256] 5257 5258 ... 8167