Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5053 5054 [5055] 5056 5057 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441794 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75810 on: May 30, 2014, 02:36:11 am »

Ethanol is my spellchecker.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75811 on: May 30, 2014, 02:36:24 am »

Maybe I could become a magical girl and wish for mastahcheese to suddenly become a wizord.
Good idea or best idea?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75812 on: May 30, 2014, 02:53:36 am »

I wish I can do anything to help mastahcheese.
Same. Just keep sending good will and support, I suppose.
Talk to him. PM him. I'm doing those and...he really appreciates that. :) He's an awesome fellow, but his environment is...a bit too toxic some-most of the time.

Maybe I could become a magical girl and wish for mastahcheese to suddenly become a wizord.
Good idea or best idea?
No, silly. xD

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75813 on: May 30, 2014, 04:13:34 am »

My family and local area are full of self-styled beer-connoisseurs, people who drink for the taste and not just (or sometimes, not even) the buzz. Our neighborhood has a little homebrew club. People are always experimenting to see what they can make into/put into beverages. I don't think I'll ever get the attraction, but I sort of understand it.

Homebrewing has a serious attraction for the chemist-entrepreneur in me, but not drinking any alcohol would make it a bit difficult.

Hey, we could team up! You make the delicious alcoholic concoctions, I drink them and tell you if they're good or not.
This sounds like my kind of career...

Chemist? We don't like your kind here in our breweries here in Biotech :P.

Well, distillation was kinda invented by chemists, so we're even.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #75814 on: May 30, 2014, 04:15:19 am »

Hey, it involves sterile glass containers and fairly exact temperatures. It's got some chemistry involved.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75815 on: May 30, 2014, 04:20:45 am »

Hey, it involves sterile glass containers and fairly exact temperatures. It's got some chemistry involved.

Sterile containers at exact temperatures is the cornerstone of doing Biotech efficiently. This is, you could skip that, but that would give you less booze for your sugars, and ain't nobody wants less booze.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75816 on: May 30, 2014, 04:28:11 am »

Yeah. It wouldn't be for me, because I am the anti-party animal, but I can see how it would be a pleasant numbing.
Neither am I - have you considered becoming a bar fly? It's my niche in the college ecosystem.

Dringking is not about being drunk, anyway. It's about getting drunk. With friends, in a nice place - it's a great example of Gemütlichkeit.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #75817 on: May 30, 2014, 04:41:57 am »

Dringking is not about being drunk, anyway. It's about getting drunk. With friends, in a nice place - it's a great example of Gemütlichkeit.

This. Don't use beer as a problem solver - use it as a social enhancer. (Within reason, of course. You and your friends should still have a few sober sessions together! :))

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75818 on: May 30, 2014, 05:50:04 am »

Yeah - cooking and drinking, for example, don't mix well.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75819 on: May 30, 2014, 06:58:13 am »

Super tired, started up league of legends, and sat for about three minutes spacing out at the intro.
Somehow, in my super tired state, I believed I could reach through the screen and take the hand of the giant man staring down at me, that he would take me behind his shield where everything would be alright, and I would be safe from the new and dangerous fantasy world I'd tumbled into, and I could leave my past life behind and go upon wonderful adventures with this mustached man.

But no. Real life is here, and it carries bruised fingers.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #75820 on: May 30, 2014, 07:06:45 am »

B-But grammar (or convention?)! I'll have you know that I agonised for literally five minutes over whether or not to capitalise it. Literally, not figuratively.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #75821 on: May 30, 2014, 07:43:52 am »

Bay12 minecraft server is becoming a ghost town :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #75822 on: May 30, 2014, 07:45:02 am »

Bay12 minecraft server is becoming a ghost town :(
There was a MC server?!  :-X

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75823 on: May 30, 2014, 07:45:10 am »

i'd play with you if i didn't prioritize stupid shit over computer upgrades and end up with a toaster that can't operate the open geeells properly

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75824 on: May 30, 2014, 07:52:06 am »

Get me a mouse and I'll join in.
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 5053 5054 [5055] 5056 5057 ... 8167