Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4458 4459 [4460] 4461 4462 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466613 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66885 on: October 24, 2013, 12:21:30 pm »

So there's this coffe place in the Uni Library here, it's usually staffed by studends working part time.

One of these studends, two weeks ago was this unbeliveably cute girl, after seeing her there two or three times I decided to ask her out, because it was about damn time I started being proactive about this stuff.
I was there several times in the past two weeks, haven't seen her in that time, must've finished working there or I've just been coming at the wrong times :S

Oh well, I might bump into her sometimes in the future, here's hoping that happens soon.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66886 on: October 24, 2013, 12:30:08 pm »

In our seemingly always kitten kittens, one of them has 'gotten sick with death' and I can feel its rib cage as I pet it.

Doesn't help it doesn't want to eat much.

Sigh. :(

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66887 on: October 24, 2013, 01:00:07 pm »

In our seemingly always kitten kittens, one of them has 'gotten sick with death' and I can feel its rib cage as I pet it.

*feels*

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66888 on: October 24, 2013, 02:31:53 pm »

Horrible heavily snowy today. The snow led to a lot of trouble for me, like the whole drive to school through rough conditions, which was slow going 'cus people drive slow on snowy roads. Which meant I was more strapped for time in the morning than I would have preferred...
Then I went through math class... and somehow I got ganged up on by two people determined to get me to go to a study session, "Because they know I know what I'm doing", which I find odd considering I've been extremely quiet in this class, and I really don't know what I'm doing... I'm sort of flattered, but also worried it's all going to end in tears...
Then the people I was going to eat lunch with disappeared... I don't know where they went.
Then I finally finished writing the first draft of the essay I've kind of put off writing for ages, and I think it's acceptable and all, but it all just seems so stupid, stupid, stupid, and I hate it.

Then finally after I get home, a tree collapsed in the back garden falling on the fence and a number of flowerbeds... Which is going to be a pain to clear up.

Did I mention I also only got about 3-4 hours of sleep last night?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66889 on: October 24, 2013, 02:37:29 pm »

I'm currently fighting a rather nasty bout of mood swings. For no real reason at all, except possibly whatever causes SAD (not the emotion, the depression), and only started today. As far as I know I'm not bipolar or anything, but I've been going between 'Yay, the world is awesome, also I can, want and should totally do fifty things at once' to... well, actually not sadness, but rather mind going into badly lit places.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66890 on: October 24, 2013, 02:42:49 pm »

*feels*

Thanks. I just hope either its suffering ends, or we are able to nurse it back to health.

I'm being optimistic as it is, probably the former will happen. Either way, it won't suffer much longer... hopefully.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66891 on: October 24, 2013, 02:51:43 pm »

*feels*

Thanks. I just hope either its suffering ends, or we are able to nurse it back to health.

I'm being optimistic as it is, probably the former will happen. Either way, it won't suffer much longer... hopefully.
Have you taken it to a vet?

I imagine that you have, or you can't afford it...

If it was being sick when it tried to eat, it may well have constipation. Our last cat stopped eating and was sick when she tried, went to the vets and she turned out to be constipated.

I actually only found out about it today, and I imagine my parents found out around the same time as it wasn't there(A little box in our living room) yesterday.

Anyway, the vet is out of the question as, from my parents guesses and due to it being a week after the opening of the eyes, even with that it'd be a worthless expense, but I can't read their minds so for all I know they are going to take it to a vet.

All I can do right now is comfort it and hope for the best.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66892 on: October 24, 2013, 02:52:37 pm »

-snip-
We haven't gotten the first snow of the season yet, but I know it's coming. Don't envy you there. But getting "ganged up on" by classmates to go to a study session doesn't sound particularly sad. Seems like the opposite, to me. Even if all 3 of you are having trouble, you can help shore each other up. And though you'll be working, it's kinda like free hangout time.

Don't lose hope yet. This little thing was the runtiest runt, and had a couple close encounters with mortality. She pulled through with bottle-feeding and careful attention when she first came in, and some Nutrical and laxatives when she was constipated and unable to eat. Just keep trying to do what you can. That's all you can do.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66893 on: October 24, 2013, 03:04:21 pm »

-snip-
We haven't gotten the first snow of the season yet, but I know it's coming. Don't envy you there. But getting "ganged up on" by classmates to go to a study session doesn't sound particularly sad. Seems like the opposite, to me. Even if all 3 of you are having trouble, you can help shore each other up. And though you'll be working, it's kinda like free hangout time.
It might work out for the best, and I generally like helping people, it's just I'm really worried I'm not going to be able to help much, and it's going to feel really awkward...

EDIT: Also I never knew your little cat played pathfinder!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:06:37 pm by Pnx »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66894 on: October 25, 2013, 04:05:14 am »

I keep coughing a load. The best way I can describe the feeling is that it's as if there's a patch at the back of my throat that is always dry. But not all of the time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66895 on: October 25, 2013, 07:38:50 am »

Yeah, you're sick. The patch is where you've got a colony of pathogens breeding.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66896 on: October 25, 2013, 08:05:35 am »

The obvious solution would be tp swallow some kind of antibiotic liquid. I think booze fits the bill well.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66897 on: October 25, 2013, 10:18:48 am »

UGH!!!

Now I am very sick and my illness has combined with my Asthma so I am gasping for air 24 hours a day... ohh and sleep? I can just forget about sleep.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66898 on: October 25, 2013, 10:19:36 am »

NO. TAKE ALL OF THE MEDICINE.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66899 on: October 25, 2013, 10:23:06 am »

UGH!!!

Now I am very sick and my illness has combined with my Asthma so I am gasping for air 24 hours a day... ohh and sleep? I can just forget about sleep.

Better crank up the dial on your albuterol humidifier cause Asthma will kill you if you ignore it. It's something that has pissed me off my entire life, and it doesn't bother me much anymore but I remember it crystal clear. Don't take it lightly.
Pages: 1 ... 4458 4459 [4460] 4461 4462 ... 8167