Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4333 4334 [4335] 4336 4337 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428017 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65010 on: August 23, 2013, 06:14:02 pm »

Wisdom teeth? Got you all beat.

Mine are growing at 90 degrees to the direction they should. Instead of growing upwards, they are growing forwards, pressing on the roots of my molars, slowly causing my toothline to lean and curve inwards. This is mildly painful on cold days for some reason, and at some point when the pain becomes too great I will have to have my jaw broken, have the offending teeth removed from the jawbone, have a retainer of some form to reset the rest of my teeth and have my jaw wired back up to heal. Unsuprisingly I am not looking forward to this.

I had a tooth like that too. I've talked about it before - I call it my Punk Tooth. I removed it last summer (damn the crampdown for forcing me to comform!) though, and without having to cut open the jaw or anything - they just drilled it into pieces and took it out. Got 2-3 shots of local numbification and didn't feel a thing.
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65011 on: August 23, 2013, 06:20:47 pm »

Huzzah! Problem was actually minor and we're taking off very soon.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65012 on: August 23, 2013, 06:23:46 pm »

Oh really? Was it the Litany of Ignition? It was the Litany of Ignition, wasn't it? I expect my cut of the pay forthwith.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65013 on: August 23, 2013, 06:33:48 pm »

Oh really? Was it the Litany of Ignition? It was the Litany of Ignition, wasn't it? I expect my cut of the pay forthwith.
The problem was with the trailer, not the truck. The Litany of Ignition has nothing to do with it :P

Now, the Benediction of Braking on the other hand? Exactly what was needed.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65014 on: August 23, 2013, 06:38:13 pm »

I am a horrible, elitist, crotchety human being and I don't even want to change

auuuuuugh
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65015 on: August 23, 2013, 07:53:50 pm »

I feel really bad for the students who buy all their textbooks full price at the college bookstore.

They probably get C's and D's in their courses if they're that rich and stupid.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65016 on: August 23, 2013, 07:55:48 pm »

My college's bookstore thankfully has some level of ethics, as most of the really expensive books are rentals you only have to pay for if you don't return them or ruin them, and they stockpile used copies for the others which get sold off first at reduced prices.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65017 on: August 23, 2013, 07:58:02 pm »

My college's bookstore thankfully has some level of ethics, as most of the really expensive books are rentals you only have to pay for if you don't return them or ruin them, and they stockpile used copies for the others which get sold off first at reduced prices.

Mine has that policy too, but they wouldn't let me return a book when a couple of the pages were wrinkled and there was a small tear at the top. At least yours is being run by good people.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #65018 on: August 23, 2013, 08:27:50 pm »

I feel really bad for the students who buy all their textbooks full price at the college bookstore.

There are other ways to do it? O_o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65019 on: August 23, 2013, 08:31:14 pm »

. . . hello sailor D:
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65020 on: August 23, 2013, 08:33:45 pm »

Amazon.com.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65021 on: August 23, 2013, 08:37:35 pm »

For math textbooks, the price change usually isn't that great and, if the text is "canonical," you're going to be using it for the rest of your life anyway.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65022 on: August 23, 2013, 08:41:04 pm »

There's also those courses (I'm looking at you, standardized foreign language supplements) that come out with a 'new' version every semester and will refuse to give you a grade or let you into the mandatory online activities if you don't have the current material.

Even if, as I demonstrated to three different professors, the only difference in material is a couple study questions and the style of the illustrations.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #65023 on: August 23, 2013, 08:44:52 pm »

Amazon.com.
As someone who works in the used book industry, you do NOT want to risk that. It's a real gamble.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65024 on: August 23, 2013, 08:49:44 pm »

Amazon.com.
As someone who works in the used book industry, you do NOT want to risk that. It's a real gamble.
As someone who has and is continuing to buy books from Amazon.com and has never had a problem with their customer service, I don't know what the hell you are talking about.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 4333 4334 [4335] 4336 4337 ... 8167