Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4327 4328 [4329] 4330 4331 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9432090 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64920 on: August 20, 2013, 08:54:51 pm »

So I was talking to my step-mom about childhood memories and that I couldn't remember most of mine, when she said that it was probably because of how much my mom abused me. Wasn't the best time to be told that..

It's far, far better than if she was unable to admit to that, and went on denying it for the rest of your life. Trust me. That shit will screw with you on a very deep level.

You're looking for The Last Ringbearer. You can go here for the second edition of the english translation. Translation and distribution appears to have been given the go-ahead by the original author, so. Have fun.

Oh my goodness. The War of the Ring, reimagined as a war of extermination... "The Final Solution To The Orcish Question". Waged by the puppet-king Aragorn, under the direction of the Elves, who wed him to Arwen to cement their political ties. The elves, nature-zealots who resented the Orcs for "forsaking magic/nature/the gods" to go have their Industrial Revolution. The Nazgul as a council of 9 Orcish Philosopher-Kings. Gandalf as a terrorist.

I must read this.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:01:13 pm by Solifuge »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64921 on: August 20, 2013, 09:41:31 pm »

You're looking for The Last Ringbearer. You can go here for the second edition of the english translation. Translation and distribution appears to have been given the go-ahead by the original author, so. Have fun.

Oh my goodness. The War of the Ring, reimagined as a war of extermination... "The Final Solution To The Orcish Question". Waged by the puppet-king Aragorn, under the direction of the Elves, who wed him to Arwen to cement their political ties. The elves, nature-zealots who resented the Orcs for "forsaking magic/nature/the gods" to go have their Industrial Revolution. The Nazgul as a council of 9 Orcish Philosopher-Kings. Gandalf as a terrorist.

I must read this.

Without having read it, I'll admit that it's a novel take... but looks like it would only work if the historical context of the Silmarillion is completely ignored.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64922 on: August 20, 2013, 10:15:44 pm »

A!A's videos (at least some of them) are being taken down for no apparent reason. This kinda sucks because the dude may be an admitted hypocrite and asshole, but those videos were kinda interesting and I hope they weren't being taken down for ideological reasons.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64923 on: August 20, 2013, 10:21:04 pm »

I have had a very, VERY tiring day. And all I've done is play games and suck at them.

Kind of having a bit of a short fuse, it seems.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64924 on: August 20, 2013, 10:21:33 pm »

Talked to hot chicks today. Did amazing at it. Had a chance to ask one on a date. Backed off. Shit.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64925 on: August 20, 2013, 10:27:02 pm »

A!A's videos (at least some of them) are being taken down for no apparent reason. This kinda sucks because the dude may be an admitted hypocrite and asshole, but those videos were kinda interesting and I hope they weren't being taken down for ideological reasons.

I kind of hate him... and I don't hate many people. However, I hate Censorship more. Censoring content on ideological grounds is an incredibly shitty thing to do, Youtube. And by extension Google. Stop being evil!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64926 on: August 20, 2013, 10:36:25 pm »

Talked to hot chicks today. Did amazing at it. Had a chance to ask one on a date. Backed off. Shit.
*whacks Hanslanda upside the head*

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64927 on: August 20, 2013, 10:39:43 pm »

I kind of hate him... and I don't hate many people.
Of course you do - that's his shtick. It's like saying "Man yahtzee is really negative on lots of games." It's part of the personality he's built, except this guy's personality (and it pays off well for him) is being like super-hateworthy.

It still sucks that he's getting censored.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64928 on: August 21, 2013, 01:06:00 am »

Been feeling very dark and broody about a bunch of stuff going on in my life. Sort of frustrated with a lot of things... Especially myself.

Contemplating taking a sabbatical.

Yugh.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64929 on: August 21, 2013, 01:36:04 am »

The sort of brooding and self-critique you'd want to talk about?

If not, only do it if you think it will afford you the time or situation to really address the problems you see, and if you're unable to do something about them in your present situation.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64930 on: August 21, 2013, 02:05:44 am »

The sort of brooding and self-critique you'd want to talk about?

If not, only do it if you think it will afford you the time or situation to really address the problems you see, and if you're unable to do something about them in your present situation.
I've really been up and down all day... I was feeling pretty good this morning, then I got depressed, then I finished reading my book and felt pretty good about that, then I got depressed again about a conversation I don't think I want to talk about more on account of how long it would take to explain than anything else. Then I found a new comic which resembled Dresden Codak, this then dumped me into "The Madness Place" (this is a good thing), now I'm coming back down again.

I've been pretty high strung inside ever since my summer classes ended, I've kind of wanted to get this energy worked out on one of several creative projects I've wanted to do, but it's just not happening. I procrastinate, and I never seem to be able to do anything unless it's in a very organised context, like in a classroom or somesuch. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my home environment, it just makes me really unproductive, I would go out and do things but frankly whenever I'm away from the house I tend to be WAAAYYY to agitated to get anything done. I've tried bringing my best friend along to help alleviate the anxiety, but she tends to be incredibly disruptive to actually work getting done. Which is frustrating because she's the only one I can ask.

I don't know what to do with myself...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64931 on: August 21, 2013, 02:32:11 am »

Sounds like you really want to do something, but don't want to start.

Can you find a way to make yourself beholden to starting? Make it a public thing, or a gift to someone, or withhold something you enjoy from yourself until you've made a certain amount of progress? I find once I get started on some endeavor, even things like housekeeping projects, it's much easier to continue. That, in turn, helps alleviate the stress that's been getting me down, and improves my mood, helping me to be even more productive.

It's all about momentum. Going from 0 to 1 is a lot harder than going from 1 to 2.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64932 on: August 21, 2013, 02:55:45 am »

It's all about momentum. Going from 0 to 1 is a lot harder than going from 1 to 2.
This is definitely something I've noticed. Removing distractions and such until I get some flipping work done...

It's just frustrating. Really frustrating.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64933 on: August 21, 2013, 05:01:03 am »

I ate too many Krispy Kreme donuts and now I feel a bit sick >_<
Let's see if eating some cup ramyun wikl remedy that.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64934 on: August 21, 2013, 07:34:04 am »

There's Krispy Kreme in Korea? I knew they were expanding, but I thought that meant Canada, as that is what it almost always means when a regional American business expands.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 4327 4328 [4329] 4330 4331 ... 8167