Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4322 4323 [4324] 4325 4326 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436828 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64845 on: August 18, 2013, 07:12:15 pm »

DSPGamer will be doing MGS5.
Fuuuuuuuuck.
His ignorance shall only further the true purposes of the Kojima World Order.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64846 on: August 18, 2013, 07:44:02 pm »

Is he the one who swears at everything, saying it's shit, but in fact, he is just an nincompoop?
This is basically his game plan:

1: Pick a game that a bunch of people want to watch. Insist that he's doing it because he likes it and not for popularity.
2: It actually turns out that he is shit at the game because he has the attention span of a coked-up squirrel with ADHD listening to ridiculously fast music. Subsequently ignores any instruction or information given.
3: Insult the game for not handholding
4: Insult the game because he's bad at it because he needs handholding
5: Insult whoever made the game
6: Be racist, sexist, make inappropriately sexual comments, etc
7: (optional) then be handheld by some shitlord fanboys in the livestream chat
8: Fuckton of views from who-knows-where. Have a worryingly high like:dislike ratio.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64847 on: August 18, 2013, 08:28:03 pm »

May be thinking of different guys, then.

I can remember some guy playing... some SMG game, picked up some ammo, and went past the gun that used it about three times, swearing about how utterly retarded the game was because it gave him bullets to a gun he supposedly never had.
No, that sounds like the kind of thing he would do.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #64848 on: August 18, 2013, 09:00:15 pm »

LPers can vary wildly in how good they are at games. Kinda bums me out at how often episodes can stretch out simply because of a mistake, misunderstanding, or flat incompetence. Making no progress whatsoever in a game while making commentary is not as entertaining as actually making progress while also making commentary, dammit.

Though to be fair, it can be hard to play a game well and talk at the same time.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #64849 on: August 18, 2013, 09:47:37 pm »

That moment when someone unknowingly takes your childly innocence and permanently shoves it up your arse.

I'm not going to say what happened, since I already have a migraine and am both sad and pissed off.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64850 on: August 18, 2013, 10:10:14 pm »

When the best place to spend the day is a corner table of a fast food restaurant, you know you have a crappy place to be broken down at. At one point I decided to go to a nearby movie theater, only to discover that thanks to time zone issues I had already missed the only showing of what I wanted to see. No point going back to the truck except to sleep since we can't run the engine for more than a minute and the batteries have been giving us trouble, so no using electricity. Can't work up the motivation to really work on any projects.

Yeah yeah, minor sad times.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64851 on: August 18, 2013, 10:11:07 pm »

Saw the "new" Evil Dead. If all of it had been like the last few minutes it would have been alright, but otherwise it was Just Another Horror Film. I did like how they portrayed the Necronomicon, though.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64852 on: August 18, 2013, 11:15:24 pm »

Guys, my computer broke.

:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64853 on: August 19, 2013, 12:52:40 am »

Well, I spent a very nice six hours being treated like shit by people I thought were my friends, at a party which I was throwing for a birthday boy who also treated me like shit.  Good to know.

It was also my going-away party.  So.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64854 on: August 19, 2013, 12:53:34 am »

What.
Details please.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64855 on: August 19, 2013, 01:26:25 am »

After a week of my frantically Facebook-messaging back and forth trying to arrange things across 6 people, pretty much none of whom decided to cooperate and do anything that they promised at any point...

First some of the guests had a pre-party to which I wasn't invited, and which they apparently decided to tell me about anyhow.  Then they arrived late.  Then we went to a restaurant and, okay, apparently they hadn't figured out that I had been the one to put everything together.  Then we went to a movie which, directly after coming out of it, they started ragging on and tearing down (like, in a pleasant voice: "Well, I hated it more than anything else I've seen recently.").  Then we were supposed to come to my house and get dessert, but apparently three of them decided they weren't going to do that and didn't even bother to say "thank you for inviting us," "thank you for putting this together," "goodbye," or anything like that.

The birthday boy asked them if they were going anywhere better and then after some deliberation decided that maybe he could deign to come in for dessert after all.  When he left, he didn't thank any of us, either.  My one sensitive friend and I walked him home... no thanks.

We went to see Pacific Rim, you see.  I'm a straight-laced mathematician and he's a somewhat overly energetic biologist.  I thought it would be a good friendship movie to celebrate his birthday and my going-away with; and I asked a bunch of his friends, too, so that he'd have a good birthday.  Instead I just garnered a lot of insults to my person, and to my family.  So I feel pretty low now, I guess.

Got an answer back on the place I thought I'd be living, too, which was a resounding no.  I'm feeling kind of sucky, but at least I know answers to three of the many, many things I was waiting to hear about.  The housing market has become insane... Berkeley students are starting to live five to a room.  I'm glad I have a fallback.

EDIT: I really miss the math department.  Really, really miss them.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 01:28:20 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64856 on: August 19, 2013, 01:31:53 am »

Say WAT.
That's not fair. Nope. Not allowed.
Sorry for you, Vec.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64857 on: August 19, 2013, 01:37:18 am »

That's seriously pretty awful. *hug*

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64858 on: August 19, 2013, 01:40:27 am »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64859 on: August 19, 2013, 01:43:09 am »

Yeah.  I don't know.  I thought I would feel sad about moving, but perhaps not so much.

Didn't really enjoy the film the second time through, either, and dinner was completely tasteless, so that's that.  Even the nerds I brought this time didn't know how to shut up and enjoy themselves.  Whatever.

Pages: 1 ... 4322 4323 [4324] 4325 4326 ... 8167