Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4321 4322 [4323] 4324 4325 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439154 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64830 on: August 17, 2013, 01:08:44 am »

Reminds me, I woke up this morning with my arm completely paralyzed. Not just tingly, I actually couldn't move it. I had to fling it around with my other arm that I didn't sleep on in order to speed up the process to get it to work again...in other words, it was great.

I've had various parts of my body fall to sleep during the day, though usually when I'm laying down and have my elbows on something solid or similar, always goes away with in a few minutes, though, especially if I start to move it around. How long has this been going on?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64831 on: August 17, 2013, 02:47:36 am »

Do what I do when that happens - give in to the paranoia and check your pulse. Far more likely, though, a nerve got pinched or something and it'll clear up in a while.

Additionally, rubbing the area near the affected muscles/nerves stimulates bloodflow. Moving the area as much as possible is also good.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64832 on: August 17, 2013, 09:04:07 am »

Once I woke up lying face down, with my arms crossed beneath my head, both of them completely dead, not even tingling anymore.  It was kind of a "shit, what do I do now?" moment and my sleep-addled brain worried for a moment that I'd be lying there until someone found me.

There's a lot of spambots lately.  Like, if this forum weren't so busy, it would be choked to death within days.
Shoes...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64833 on: August 17, 2013, 11:19:02 am »

Hello upper right eyelid twitching.

Common causes:
(Physical?) Fatigue.
(Emotional) Stress.
Caffeine.

I know what I'm not doing. Stupid natural body chemicals.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #64834 on: August 17, 2013, 12:26:36 pm »

Man, what's with this tingling, numb sensation in my left hand and arm. It's like I've fallen asleep on it, but I haven't. I'm just minding my own business at home as usual. What the hell is wrong I can't get it to stop...
That might be a symptom of a stroke but could also be what's called a "migraine aura."  I've dealt with the latter recently, it sucks.  Migraine auras initiate with stroke like symptoms, no idea why.

Take some aspirin.  Drink some water.  Lie down in a dark, quiet room.  Avoid chocolate, caffeine, and limit your computer usage for a few days.  Try to reduce stress triggers during that time.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64835 on: August 17, 2013, 12:40:31 pm »

... migraine aura? Aren't those primary sensory, particularly visual, phenomena? Guess it does include the tingling/numbness thing, but... I'd expect some of the other symptoms, yeah?

As per Baug an'Reu, I'd kinda' expect a nerve pinch or blood flow or somethin' more than it being migraine related. Sounds kinda' like how it feels when you bop your funny bone good. I've had something similar happen from time t'time. S'kinda' annoying, but clears up after a while and is pretty rare. Worry comes if it doesn't clear up or other symptoms start manifesting, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64836 on: August 17, 2013, 12:47:47 pm »

Common causes:
(Physical?) Fatigue.
(Emotional) Stress.
Caffeine.

I had that for about a month and didn't know why, but it went away on it's own.

Are you still on the meds from having your wisdom teeth removed? There are some strange side effects out there, I wouldn't rule it out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64837 on: August 17, 2013, 03:06:22 pm »

Once I woke up lying face down, with my arms crossed beneath my head, both of them completely dead, not even tingling anymore.  It was kind of a "shit, what do I do now?" moment and my sleep-addled brain worried for a moment that I'd be lying there until someone found me.

There's a lot of spambots lately.  Like, if this forum weren't so busy, it would be choked to death within days.

Yeah, i've had that happen - i just sort of floobed around until my arms were free, then waited for feeling to come back. (Of course, nearly wrenched my arm out of its socket in doing so!)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64838 on: August 17, 2013, 03:14:08 pm »

I woke up in such a position that my leg was twisted and jammed between my bed and the wall in an extremely awkward and painful position. It took me about an hour, mostly spent yelling for help, before I could find a way to pull it out. It did not help that I could not turn around due to the way it was jammed, forcing me to try to get it free blind.

I also once woke up under my bed. No idea how I got under there, it was a tight fit. I proceeded to try to get up in the pitch black darkness and bashed my head on my bedframe, followed by freaking out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64839 on: August 17, 2013, 03:47:56 pm »

Dead and numb limbs are the worst, mostly because you're still too sleepy to be reasonable about the situation. Still, it's always funny how you flail about in retrospect, trying to get up or get yourself free.

In sad news I guess, stuff is piling up slowly, asked a friend about his job opening, not sure why, I really have no idea what I would be doing as a graphic designer for a local newspaper or if that would pay anything, also a friend which lives in a different town is feeling kind of down and can't really talk about all tha stuff over internet so It'll be a couple of days before I can somehow try and help her, which I doubt I will but eh, it's the thought that counts I guess :/
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64840 on: August 17, 2013, 04:41:49 pm »

... migraine aura? Aren't those primary sensory, particularly visual, phenomena? Guess it does include the tingling/numbness thing, but... I'd expect some of the other symptoms, yeah?

I've gotten these a couple of times. For me, it's usually blind spots in my vision along with random patches of skin on my face and hands going numb/tingly. The first time it happened I freaked out since I thought I'd had a stroke, but since I've figured it out it's no big deal. It usually passes within an hour or two.

I've gotten them with and without actual migraines, too, so apparently that's not a necessary symptom.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64841 on: August 17, 2013, 06:10:00 pm »

I also have this fear of moving around with dead limbs, because I could easily roll my ankle or crank my arm back in some undesirable direction and not feel it until it's too late.  So it's even worse when I'm in an awkward position.
Shoes...

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64842 on: August 17, 2013, 08:14:05 pm »

I just saw the ending to the one and only Arby 'n' The Chief machinima. I have watched it since the very beginning and it is sad to see it go away. Legendary show. Truly depressing ending, but I kind of like it that Jon didn't go for some "and they all lived happily together" bullshit. That haunting black screen at the end...
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64843 on: August 17, 2013, 10:06:25 pm »

Common causes:
(Physical?) Fatigue.
(Emotional) Stress.
Caffeine.

I had that for about a month and didn't know why, but it went away on it's own.

Are you still on the meds from having your wisdom teeth removed? There are some strange side effects out there, I wouldn't rule it out.
...They're still there :v I didn't have them removed yet.

I think you're mistaking me for someone else?

Still..*twitch twitch*

They say this causes deeper depression, but I'm getting used to it.

Pretty much helps my tsundere face.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64844 on: August 18, 2013, 06:29:26 pm »

DSPGamer will be doing MGS5.
Fuuuuuuuuck.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 4321 4322 [4323] 4324 4325 ... 8167