Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4252 4253 [4254] 4255 4256 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431567 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63795 on: July 17, 2013, 04:39:45 pm »

Quote from: Calorie Calculator Thingy
you need 2849 Calories/day to gain 1 lb per week

Holy frik. This whole gaining weight thing is going to be painful. I'm not eating anywhere near that.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63796 on: July 17, 2013, 06:38:15 pm »

Quote from: Calorie Calculator Thingy
you need 2849 Calories/day to gain 1 lb per week

Holy frik. This whole gaining weight thing is going to be painful. I'm not eating anywhere near that.
I think that one pound a week might be a bit much.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #63797 on: July 17, 2013, 07:03:54 pm »

Dear Science;

Would you please use your genetic modification sciences to provide me with vegetable plants that won't die when I try to grow them.

Love and kisses, Levi.
Our garden needs vegetables that are highly resistant or repulsive to slugs and snails.

The little bastards are EVERYWHERE!

Get some geese (or ducks, can't recall). Apparently the fuckers love chomping down on snails and slugs like it's going out of fashion.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63798 on: July 17, 2013, 07:48:14 pm »

So my casing arrived today, and amidst a whole bunch of other activities I started taking my old one apart. There's one tiny little screw in the motherboard that's driving me nuts, it seems to be jammed and I haven't been able to unscrew it. I'm not sure what to do about that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63799 on: July 17, 2013, 09:15:30 pm »

*grumble grumble*

One of my coworkers has been complaining and complaining that students in our opt-in summer math program are being asked to complete work and being made to do things that make them unhappy (like math when they don't understand it immediately).  He chewed me out in front of the class yesterday for harsh grading (giving the kids the points they deserved for the work they had submitted, no matter how hard they'd worked on it--they knew the rubric before they started and it's their problem if they didn't read the directions).  Now the teacher has finally pretty much told him that he's the in-class tutor and we're the teachers, and it's our business and not his.

But seriously, dude?  He's been a major downer and doesn't seem to understand things like "no, we can't teach math class like an English class, because math class is math class and English is English, and the sheer amount of technical terminology needed to get anywhere in mathematics combined with the necessary spatial visualization skills makes it impossible to just sit up front and have a seminar about it at the middle school level after the pedagogy the students have received so far.  Sorry you hated math, buddy, but your pipe dream is not fucking possible at this stage of the game and quietly chewing me out in the middle of the room I'm managing is not acceptable behavior!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63800 on: July 18, 2013, 12:58:33 am »

First full day of work is over. All in all, I have been awake for nearly 16 hours, all but the first and second hour in some way working. We could have been done earlier if not for traffic, delays in getting loaded and unloaded, and now mechanical problems in this new trailer. The upshot of all of this is that we didn't get to have any fun in Las Vegas at all; most notably, we have failed to go see Pacific Rim.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63801 on: July 18, 2013, 03:27:30 am »

Wait, that's an upshot? How is that good?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #63802 on: July 18, 2013, 03:38:01 am »

Upshot doesn't have to be good, unfortunately.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63803 on: July 18, 2013, 06:58:50 am »

Man, I really want to play Duels 2014 with my friend, but every time I try there's something weird that happens where 100% of my cpu gets used up, and stays used up even after I quit out of the game, and my computer gets slowed to a crawl. It's super irritating cause I have to fricken reboot my computer after about 10 minutes of playing.

And I have no idea what's causing it or how to fix it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #63804 on: July 18, 2013, 07:02:31 am »

... kick open task manager (or, better yet, get process explorer) and see what process is chewing up the CPU. Possible the program's not closing properly and continuing to consume system resources after you've told it to close.
Ask not!
Ask!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63805 on: July 18, 2013, 07:06:46 am »

... kick open task manager (or, better yet, get process explorer) and see what process is chewing up the CPU. Possible the program's not closing properly and continuing to consume system resources after you've told it to close.

Yeah I've done that, only with task manager though, and there's no obvious culprit. Though really I don't want to fix it when it breaks, I want it to not break at all.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #63806 on: July 18, 2013, 07:55:55 am »

Our garden needs vegetables that are highly resistant or repulsive to slugs and snails.

The little bastards are EVERYWHERE!
Bowl of beer inclined and lined with butter, place well away from fraternities and vegetables and you have a slug trap.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63807 on: July 18, 2013, 08:19:47 am »

Wait, that's an upshot? How is that good?
I was under the impression that an "upshot" was basically saying "as a result". Maybe not. It was nearly 11 at night and I wasn't thinking super clearly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #63808 on: July 18, 2013, 08:45:22 am »

So I was at a party last night. Hadn't drunk all that much, it was actually my first time drinking so I just had a teeny weeny bit of stuff. I was with this girl I like (who had drunk a LOT more than me, to say the least).
I thought it was going well, we were having a good laugh, often at each other's expense. She's been very odd since I met here in the way that I'm not entirely sure whether she likes me or not. But it was looking up at this point.
Cue another guy who I know pretty well waltzin' up and pulling out cheesy pickup lines before sitting down next to her.
I'm out of the loop a bit while they chat, before they just get up and walk out together. I didn't see them again for a while, so just ended up leaving.

I'm gonna see her again today and who knows, she might square things out, but I think it's unlikely.

Whoo...
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #63809 on: July 18, 2013, 09:00:34 am »

Yeah I've done that, only with task manager though, and there's no obvious culprit. Though really I don't want to fix it when it breaks, I want it to not break at all.
Mm... sounds like you need to activate seeing processes from all users or whatnot, if you can. To at least see what's causing it. If it's something that requires that, though, it might (doubtful, but not impossible. Most of the stuff behind that toggle is services junk) not be related to the game. And maybe get process explorer. It is Nth times more awesome than task manager, ha.

Hear yeh on the just want it to not break, though. It's always nice when it doesn't...
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 4252 4253 [4254] 4255 4256 ... 8167