Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4009 4010 [4011] 4012 4013 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446689 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #60150 on: April 09, 2013, 08:17:04 am »

Madam, you do the gentleman a disservice; surely a facepunching of that magnitude would not leave an intact soul!
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60151 on: April 09, 2013, 11:33:32 am »

Madam, you do the gentleman a disservice; surely a facepunching of that magnitude would not leave an intact soul!
Oh, come now, I wouldn't destroy your soul. I like you.

Legitsad: Stuck at school on Wolfeyez' birthday. ;___;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60152 on: April 09, 2013, 12:01:48 pm »

. . . Well, I was sitting alone this morning at breakfast and he chose to go sit with another gal, so I'm going to take that as a pretty definitive no.

*sigh*

Also, I wound up missing my first class this morning, like a tool, because I found out that I'd left home a bunch of necessary materials for another, more important class that comes directly after the first one.  And I slept like four hours last night.  And my room is filthy.  Well, at least I can change some of these things.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #60153 on: April 09, 2013, 12:10:02 pm »

Oh, come now, I wouldn't destroy your soul. I like you.

Legitsad: Stuck at school on Wolfeyez' birthday. ;___;
Awwwww. On the plus side, happy cakeday to Wolfeyez.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60154 on: April 09, 2013, 12:56:05 pm »

I've been on a seesaw of feeling more or less crappy for about a week now.  At first I thought I was just down about various things, but after an entire day of feeling like I was undergoing a blood sugar crash (mostly not alleviated by eating) and sleeping for 15.5 hours, I think it's probably mostly physical in origin.  I should probably go see a doctor or something.  After my new healthcare insurance kicks in.  Whenever that actually happens.

I also discovered that feeling depressed about stupid and utterly trivial things is a great way to feel more depressed.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #60155 on: April 09, 2013, 01:26:57 pm »

Got another single use card. Got my cousin Minecraft, his brother some RP points and a Dicker Max for myself. Now I'm a buck or two short of buying another copy of Minecraft :C

Actually half a buck, god damn it :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #60156 on: April 09, 2013, 01:30:20 pm »

Yesterday I discovered I had a wart chafing against my shirt, so I had to get it burned off.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60157 on: April 09, 2013, 01:41:43 pm »

Yesterday I discovered I had a wart chafing against my shirt, so I had to get it burned off.
How is that saddening?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #60158 on: April 09, 2013, 01:56:11 pm »

because it hurt, and I'm happier not having to fry parts of my anatomy...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60159 on: April 09, 2013, 02:16:07 pm »

Blarg. Need a brain break. Have to finish this paper for tomorrow. Don't wanna write it.

I cannot give you a brain break; you must take it...

*kung fu hand motions*

...for yourself.

This should actually go in the happy thread. You guys made me grin.

. . . Well, I was sitting alone this morning at breakfast and he chose to go sit with another gal, so I'm going to take that as a pretty definitive no.

Some people do stuff like that to evoke a response in people they like. There's this cultural thing guys are taught, that wooing someone is an adversarial process, and weaponizing jealousy or "not appearing too interested" helps their chances. Basically this could mean nothing, so I would not give up entirely, on this basis alone.

As for whatever kept you up so late last night, dun do it again. :\

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #60160 on: April 09, 2013, 02:20:01 pm »

Although it begs the question "Does Vector really want to get involved with a guy who thinks weaponizing jealousy is a good move?"  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60161 on: April 09, 2013, 02:28:51 pm »

I'm kind of considering trying again to take up recording myself playing games. It's something that's had a lot of appeal to me ever since I discovered the whole thing. But I'm really afraid I'm not going to be able to do it. I always feel so frigging nervous just talking to myself out loud, and my various attempts at trying to get around this issue generally ended in failure.

There's also all the technology issues and such I'd have to figure out how to deal with. I really am not sure at all what I'm doing when it comes to this stuff.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60162 on: April 09, 2013, 02:29:37 pm »

There's also a very good chance the effect on you didn't even cross his mind, ya know. (at least from the information given)

I've accidentally insulted my fiancee a few times. Not because I wanted to or anything, but because I didn't think she'd take it that way. Communicate, don't assume.

The only times I assume things about people is when they've lied to me in the past and given me reason to not trust what comes out of their mouth (or at least I try to only assume in such situations; I'm not perfect). Trust and honesty are pretty damn important to me, and if I feel I can't take what they say as the gospel truth, then I have trouble staying friends with them, much less being in a romantic relationship.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60163 on: April 09, 2013, 02:34:59 pm »

Well, there are a lot of reasons people might intentionally do that "appear uninterested" thing, and more reasons that they might do it unintentionally is all I'm saying, so don't preclude it based on that piece of evidence alone. There are weird rules to guy-flirting that I don't really get, and some of them are counter-intuitive if you're approaching the relationship frankly. Someone with more info could back me up on this?

Basically, it's a communications-gap that can be closed with some discussion with the person, though... a simple "you know, if you were interested, you don't have to do that stuff."

I'm kind of considering trying again to take up recording myself playing games. It's something that's had a lot of appeal to me ever since I discovered the whole thing. But I'm really afraid I'm not going to be able to do it. I always feel so frigging nervous just talking to myself out loud, and my various attempts at trying to get around this issue generally ended in failure.

There's also all the technology issues and such I'd have to figure out how to deal with. I really am not sure at all what I'm doing when it comes to this stuff.

PM me if you want tech help. Also, I have discovered in doing that sort of thing that it's a great way to build on my natural tendency to talk to myself! Just don't take yourself too seriously, let your mind wander, and talk to the microphone like it's interested in who you are and what you're doing. Also crack wise or be ridiculous when possible. Should be fine.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:56:36 pm by Solifuge »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60164 on: April 09, 2013, 02:40:54 pm »

Didn't get enough sleep last night.

Also fuck psychology. I wish it had some clue what was going on in my head but it's pretty damn obvious it's just pissing in the wind.

Also, the symptoms I exhibit when I do not get enough sleep are indistinguishable from severe depression.

Also,
http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2013/04/09/why-are-people-changing-their-minds-about-same-sex-marriage/

This is incredibly, terribly disheartening.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:29:13 pm by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 ... 4009 4010 [4011] 4012 4013 ... 8167