Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3986 3987 [3988] 3989 3990 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9460050 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59805 on: March 31, 2013, 02:06:56 am »

They still kind of expect me to be getting scholarship level grades because "oooooh but you are so smart" and i guess getting only slightly above average because i cant arse myself to do homework is kind of stupid of me in a non incompetent sort of way... but i don't know..
Maybe i could be in all honors classes like they expect me to. Its not like they're overbearingly high standard for their children, i just happen to have the strongest acedemic ability and jack shit to shpw for it in the end. The classes arent really difficult either...
We are in similar situations, except I am in honors classes (and some AP ones too), and I still can't be arsed to do most of my homework.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #59806 on: March 31, 2013, 02:16:23 am »

Oh yes, In America, if you can't pay exorbant medcal fees, or can't obtain health insurance, you have to suffer regardless of the actual issue.
So glad I'm Canadian right now. Though I'm not quite sure how it works, I know it's not quite as bad as the US.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #59807 on: March 31, 2013, 03:17:08 am »

There's someone else who usually chimes in on this one, but Tiru... in the states, at least? The Hippocratic oath is not legally binding. Where it's even a required thing at all. It might as well not even exist, unfortunately.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #59809 on: March 31, 2013, 05:13:47 am »

It's 5:12 AM, I have nothing to do on Easter, and I'm going through another cycle of intense self-loathing. I really need to get my shit together.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #59810 on: March 31, 2013, 05:34:19 am »

There's someone else who usually chimes in on this one
I almost did, I swear I had typed it, but I had a bad 24 h shift yesterday and decided to pass. Or passed out. Not sure which

I will chime in with something, though, for those who live in countries with socialized healthcare: keep fighting and lobbying to keep it and keep it universal. Lawmakers and penny-pinching burocrats *will* try to come up with restrictions on who is covered in order to be able to dedicate more money for bank rescues and bullshit like that (possibly without the ease of insurance companies).  Else one day you might find yourself or a loved one sidelined at the worst time possible

(And yes, for the record, and without saying specifics, I was prompted to make this statement after I found an unpleasant turn of events while reviewing things yesterday)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59811 on: March 31, 2013, 05:48:30 am »

There's someone else who usually chimes in on this one
I almost did, I swear I had typed it, but I had a bad 24 h shift yesterday and decided to pass. Or passed out. Not sure which

I will chime in with something, though, for those who live in countries with socialized healthcare: keep fighting and lobbying to keep it and keep it universal. Lawmakers and penny-pinching burocrats *will* try to come up with restrictions on who is covered in order to be able to dedicate more money for bank rescues and bullshit like that (possibly without the ease of insurance companies).  Else one day you might find yourself or a loved one sidelined at the worst time possible

(And yes, for the record, and without saying specifics, I was prompted to make this statement after I found an unpleasant turn of events while reviewing things yesterday)
Given that my mom's in the medical system, I think it should be fine.
Sig! Onol

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #59812 on: March 31, 2013, 03:46:51 pm »

Just visited with a friend. She and her room mates seemed ok with me, as I actually am. Handed me a dress and watched TV with me.... This is an immense treasure and what I'm looking for; it cannot be sold to me.

Problem, another mutual female friend of ours from college has apparently been saying terrible things about me and how I really am (transgender...). The girl I was visiting told me about this, she has no reason to lie, and I trust her with my life. Some of the nicer things include basically me being a freak and how she liked me much more before I ever said anything to her about wearing dresses. This is the sanitized version.... Direct quotes are ... very bad and would be unprintable....

I have done countless things for this woman, whom I thought was my friend. I helped her study for years. I got her jobs. All sorts of things. "Show me your enemies, lay them before me, and walk away...." If nothing else, I hope the memory of those deeds seal her lips to others.

I have seen the worst of humanity and its violence. I have seen depths of jails and prisons. I have heard profanities you have not. Past all my mental armor, and through all the days of my life, nothing hurt me like her mouth.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59813 on: March 31, 2013, 04:03:23 pm »

Minor sad: Deon had to delete his mods.
Sig! Onol

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59814 on: March 31, 2013, 04:09:30 pm »

Agreed. Fallout mod is one of my favorite mods.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #59815 on: March 31, 2013, 04:10:14 pm »

Just visited with a friend. She and her room mates seemed ok with me, as I actually am. Handed me a dress and watched TV with me.... This is an immense treasure and what I'm looking for; it cannot be sold to me.

Problem, another mutual female friend of ours from college has apparently been saying terrible things about me and how I really am (transgender...). The girl I was visiting told me about this, she has no reason to lie, and I trust her with my life. Some of the nicer things include basically me being a freak and how she liked me much more before I ever said anything to her about wearing dresses. This is the sanitized version.... Direct quotes are ... very bad and would be unprintable....

I have done countless things for this woman, whom I thought was my friend. I helped her study for years. I got her jobs. All sorts of things. "Show me your enemies, lay them before me, and walk away...." If nothing else, I hope the memory of those deeds seal her lips to others.

I have seen the worst of humanity and its violence. I have seen depths of jails and prisons. I have heard profanities you have not. Past all my mental armor, and through all the days of my life, nothing hurt me like her mouth.
People are the worst. At least you can take solace in that fact that we (at least I) accept you for who you are.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #59816 on: March 31, 2013, 04:35:34 pm »

???
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #59817 on: March 31, 2013, 04:43:14 pm »

Damn Truean, that is one hell of a major sad Dx

What, why?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59819 on: March 31, 2013, 04:59:55 pm »

Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 3986 3987 [3988] 3989 3990 ... 8167