Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3904 3905 [3906] 3907 3908 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476288 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58575 on: February 28, 2013, 06:32:40 am »

I think I just syncopated my Circadian Rhythm.
My first thoughts were "You only get out of bed every 17 years?"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #58576 on: February 28, 2013, 09:00:58 am »

I don' know why, but I just feel despondent today. Nothing much to look  forward to in the near future. ;_;

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58577 on: February 28, 2013, 11:48:26 am »

It is the end of February, which means it is the end of Februany

In other news, the police made another large drug raid and I somehow didn't get any cases out of it, whatsoever.
Things like this are why I always have mixed feelings about crime rates going up or down. Go figure.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58578 on: February 28, 2013, 04:53:09 pm »

It is the end of February, which means it is the end of Februany

Can't come soon enough for me. I hate those commercials.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58579 on: February 28, 2013, 05:21:07 pm »

Stupid commercials are the American Way. Also I don't usually watch TV and they make my sammiches cheaper. Win win.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58580 on: February 28, 2013, 06:06:12 pm »

My grandmother cannot come to terms with death, and her inability to accept reality is causing anger and frustration in her mind. She refuses to talk about it, and nothing can be said to change her mind. We can't afford a therapist. I just feel a bit sad because I know that when she dies, if it isn't quick, it'll be psychologically devastating to her. Unfathomably devastating.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58581 on: February 28, 2013, 06:08:20 pm »

If it isn't fairly quick, dementia usually sets in fairly soon into the process. The only one of my elderly relatives that even realized it was coming was my father's father, who died of Everything Cancer.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #58582 on: February 28, 2013, 06:15:01 pm »

I'm starting to smell the rotten beans in the other room.

Should probably get rid of them some day.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58583 on: February 28, 2013, 06:18:05 pm »

I understand, it is hard to let go from the beans, but sometimes you just have to move on, and you know, so will they, and things will get better, you will see.

You have been a good bean guy Dutchling, I know they will make it out there on their own.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58584 on: February 28, 2013, 06:19:27 pm »

If it isn't fairly quick, dementia usually sets in fairly soon into the process. The only one of my elderly relatives that even realized it was coming was my father's father, who died of Everything Cancer.
Interesting. Dementia, you say? The only family death I've experienced have been pets, never humans. I suppose, in some way, dementia is less painful than clarity in somebody who fears death. Or is it? Ah well. Whatever happens, happens.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #58585 on: February 28, 2013, 06:19:56 pm »

You have been a good bean guy Dutchling, I know they will make it out there on their own.
Well, that's my problem right there. They've been lying there for almost two weeks now, and they still aren't gone.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58586 on: February 28, 2013, 06:38:13 pm »

Interesting. Dementia, you say? The only family death I've experienced have been pets, never humans. I suppose, in some way, dementia is less painful than clarity in somebody who fears death. Or is it? Ah well. Whatever happens, happens.
Well, my grandad had Alzheimer's and, while I can't really compare to how he was before because it started when I was pretty young, he spent most of the time just sitting and staring into space; then he forgot who everyone was. It was pretty sad really.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58587 on: February 28, 2013, 06:44:50 pm »

Maybe I should look into getting dementia for my 21st birthday.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58588 on: February 28, 2013, 06:47:58 pm »

Well, my grandad had Alzheimer's and, while I can't really compare to how he was before because it started when I was pretty young, he spent most of the time just sitting and staring into space; then he forgot who everyone was. It was pretty sad really.
Alzheimer is definitively sad for the relatives. I don't know for the person itself, but that's really horrible. On the other hand, fear for death can make one really paranoiad and sad too.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #58589 on: February 28, 2013, 08:46:00 pm »

Alzheimer is definitively sad for the relatives. I don't know for the person itself, but that's really horrible. On the other hand, fear for death can make one really paranoiad and sad too.

I've seen a lot of Alzheimers in my family.  It's horrible for the person who has it, too.  They often get violent, because their confusion turns into frustration and anger at nothing and everything.  I think the worst part is they face the end alone, often unable to recognize more than a couple people.  I'm almost halfway to the age where it likely set in on me.  Not looking forward to it.

My sad:  Indiana has been officially recognized as the 2nd most depressing state in the U.S.

No need for studies to determine this.  I could have told them.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:50:49 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 3904 3905 [3906] 3907 3908 ... 8167