Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3878 3879 [3880] 3881 3882 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477309 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58185 on: February 15, 2013, 06:50:13 pm »

Well there is a difference between 'Not finding attractive', 'Not finding physically attractive', 'Finding unattractive' and 'Finding physically unattractive'

There are many, many girls who I  wouldn't say are especially physically attractive, but they aren't physically unattractive either. They just look the way they do. Nothing really wrong with these types of girls, and often they are the easiest to talk to, making for great relationships. Also, and I have to stereotype, so think of this as a very loose fitting guideline, but very attractive girls can come with unfortunate baggage. Anyway, point is that there may not be cause to break up just because the girl in the magazine in more physically attractive than the girl holding your hand.

If you are talking about something less tangible, like being emotionally attractive, intellectually attractive, creatively attractive, etc... Well that is a new ball game.

Don't worry. Yeah. I know this. That said, I find her physically un attractive... and also we don't share the same sense of humor. I find myself laughing out of politeness, more than anything else. She is however, super devoted to me. Trade offs I suppose. Something that does help is, she is going to college 500 miles away. I see her when she drives down. I can keep her at a phones distance. Eases the relationship on both ends I think.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58186 on: February 15, 2013, 06:52:50 pm »

I finally meet a girl who I think satisfies my incredibly high standards, but not I'm not sure. . . Am I high enough to deserve it?  She isn't ugly, maybe a modest 7.  Its her personality that is so great.  She works 60+ hours a week, is in line to join the kappas, and appreiates my political banter with my hippie professor.  but not only does she make more $$$ and work harder but also has more oppertunities as a result than I.  She makes 4k a month in commission.  She has a lot going for her and I'm honestly on my last leg.  my last chance at college and a worthy career.  I hide behind jokes and smiles and almost a disrespectful amount of in-class computer playing, but I know my options are limited by my sordid past.  Which brings us to that.  I've bee hinting at it, but its nasty to anyone who cares about their future.  'they' judge you on it, sometimes for 15 years or longer.

Whatever happens, if she doesn't stop using txt-talk and start using king's english we are going go have issues. :)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58187 on: February 15, 2013, 06:57:16 pm »

Am I high enough to deserve it?
That is not for you or us to decide. That is totally, 100% up to her. If she decides that she will only date Johnny Depp, good luck to her, and if she wants to go out with a total homeless slob, so be it. Just do what you can to be the best you can, and let her work out what she wants.

Protip: Girls aren't mindless possessions that you can own. If they aren't satisfied with you, they can end the relationship.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58188 on: February 15, 2013, 06:59:46 pm »

Whatever happens, if she doesn't stop using txt-talk and start using king's english we are going go have issues. :)

So much this. :)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58189 on: February 15, 2013, 07:09:26 pm »

Am I high enough to deserve it?
That is not for you or us to decide. That is totally, 100% up to her.
This is something I had to keep reminding myself about for a long time.

Don't think you're not good enough unless she says you're not good enough. It's up to her.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #58190 on: February 15, 2013, 07:27:02 pm »

Oh god. When I unmasked myself, said girl...pretended to get mad at me, and then it turned out she was yanking my chain, and now we're flirting-ish over text and my chest feels very funny and and and...

No! No! No! I must remain the very reserved and emotionless person that I try to be in public!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:29:23 pm by FearfulJesuit »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58191 on: February 15, 2013, 07:28:26 pm »

Oh god. When I unmasked myself, said girl...pretended to get mad at me, and then it turned out she was yanking my chain, and now we're flirting-ish over text and my chest feels very funny and and and...

Stroke.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58192 on: February 15, 2013, 07:31:04 pm »

Are we in boats now?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58193 on: February 15, 2013, 07:33:18 pm »

Yes Descan, a magical boat called the Love Boat. We are rowing out into the oceans of relationships to go fishing for all those other fish in the sea. Oh look, everybody wave to the passing friend ship!
Excuse me while I cry rainbows.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58194 on: February 15, 2013, 07:35:03 pm »

Yes Descan, a magical boat called the Love Boat. We are rowing out into the oceans of relationships to go fishing for all those other fish in the sea. Oh look, everybody wave to the passing friend ship!

In that case, my love life is the equivalent of fishing with dynamite.

BOOM.
This is a blank sig.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #58195 on: February 15, 2013, 07:42:47 pm »

In that case I'm the equivalent of that guy from Dr McNinja who swam out to sea and pretended to be injured so dolphins would come save him so he could kill them with his bare hands.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #58196 on: February 15, 2013, 07:50:12 pm »

In that case, my love life is a row-boat with a hole in it, so I got to keep my hand pressed against it while I do anything.

And we a looooooong way from shore.

Sidenote: The devil's dictionary defines friendship as "The ship which is large enough for 2 in fine weather, one in poor."
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58197 on: February 15, 2013, 07:52:36 pm »

If romance is a boat, mine's the Lusitania.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #58198 on: February 15, 2013, 07:55:00 pm »

Perhaps it helped that I introduced myself as Quentin Compson, from The Sound and the Fury; what I hadn't realized until I said it is that in Portuguese <quentin> is almost a homophone with "quente", meaning "hot".

I'm an idiot.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #58199 on: February 15, 2013, 08:05:42 pm »

No! No! No! I must remain the very reserved and emotionless person that I try to be in public!
How appropriate I'm in the sad thread.

All these things about stuff like this are making me feel lonely. For the first time since... well, ever. Well, lonely in this way. I've had lonely as in a moment in my life where I had, literally, no friends, but this seems different.

@#!*%  you, nature! Why did you have to give humans all these emotions!
I'm always lonely, hence I hate valentine's day, and my vow to see it destroyed and the executives of hallmark executed.

Did you know valentine's day was invented in the 19th century by hallmark.It was supposedly adapted from Roman tradition, but they had only Lupercalia, which, while involving fertility, involved naked men running around smacking women with bloody carcasses. And I don't know about you, but that is not what my day involved.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 3878 3879 [3880] 3881 3882 ... 8167