Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3877 3878 [3879] 3880 3881 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476742 times)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58170 on: February 15, 2013, 09:53:50 am »

Just to be perfectly clear, Sirius does have a companion star. It was discovered last century.

Wich one?
I presume these two: Wikipedia!
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58171 on: February 15, 2013, 04:08:13 pm »

The fiance went to have some blood tests done, and after getting a few vials of blood taken out, she got really lightheaded and passed out twice D: I was in the lobby and not by her side; no more! I'll make use of my implicit visitation rights in these situations and always go back with her during doctor's visits and the like from now on.

She's fine now; I'm at her bedside at home while she rests at this very moment.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58172 on: February 15, 2013, 04:12:18 pm »

Is she hemophobic or diabetic or something? I mean, those vials are pretty small.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #58173 on: February 15, 2013, 04:17:46 pm »

Is she hemophobic or diabetic or something? I mean, those vials are pretty small.
Probably more psychosomatic than physical.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #58174 on: February 15, 2013, 04:19:23 pm »

Yeah, I was going to basically say what LW said. I could imagine it happening to me too :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #58175 on: February 15, 2013, 04:19:41 pm »

Did the doctor sparkle in sunlight?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58176 on: February 15, 2013, 05:57:46 pm »

She's not afraid of blood or needles or anything, but the loss of blood is what knocked her out. They took out quite a few vials, and she has naturally low blood pressure she says, so...

The nurse seemed a bit inexperienced and didn't stop taking out blood when my fiance started swooning.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58177 on: February 15, 2013, 06:02:22 pm »

You don't have to be afraid of blood for that to happen. People have a deep impression that they "should" be effected by losing what appears to be a large amount of blood. I once stumbled around on the verge of unconsciousness from cutting my thumb opening a soda can. There's no way the actual amount of blood lost would have done that to me, but it was shocking and that did it.

This is related to why people have a tendency to fall over when shot, even though getting shot anywhere but your knees or head shouldn't make that happen.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58178 on: February 15, 2013, 06:17:48 pm »

You don't have to be afraid of blood for that to happen. People have a deep impression that they "should" be effected by losing what appears to be a large amount of blood. I once stumbled around on the verge of unconsciousness from cutting my thumb opening a soda can. There's no way the actual amount of blood lost would have done that to me, but it was shocking and that did it.

This is related to why people have a tendency to fall over when shot, even though getting shot anywhere but your knees or head shouldn't make that happen.
Well, I guess the instinct reaction is to curl up into a ball, which would look pretty weird whilst standing.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58179 on: February 15, 2013, 06:19:47 pm »

I just realized... I do not find the girl I am with attractive at all.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58180 on: February 15, 2013, 06:21:26 pm »

Generally a good reason to break up.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58181 on: February 15, 2013, 06:25:44 pm »

Generally a good reason to break up.
Yup.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58182 on: February 15, 2013, 06:32:14 pm »

Well there is a difference between 'Not finding attractive', 'Not finding physically attractive', 'Finding unattractive' and 'Finding physically unattractive'

There are many, many girls who I  wouldn't say are especially physically attractive, but they aren't physically unattractive either. They just look the way they do. Nothing really wrong with these types of girls, and often they are the easiest to talk to, making for great relationships. Also, and I have to stereotype, so think of this as a very loose fitting guideline, but very attractive girls can come with unfortunate baggage. Anyway, point is that there may not be cause to break up just because the girl in the magazine in more physically attractive than the girl holding your hand.

If you are talking about something less tangible, like being emotionally attractive, intellectually attractive, creatively attractive, etc... Well that is a new ball game.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58183 on: February 15, 2013, 06:38:08 pm »

I have car troubles. Enough said for it to fit this thread, I think.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #58184 on: February 15, 2013, 06:47:05 pm »

I met a cute girl- very cute- at the mall today, and when I introduced myself I did what I usually do. Since, in a foreign country, you can be whomever you want to be, and can do things like pretend to be a literary character, I introduced myself as Quentin Compson of Jefferson, Mississippi (complete with accent.) I got her number, but I think she wasn't fond of the joke.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 3877 3878 [3879] 3880 3881 ... 8167